Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

possible faulty distributor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

possible faulty distributor

i have had an issue with my car losing power and getting a nasty misfire when you give it gas from either a stand still or at low rpms in gear. when the car is cold it acts and runs great but after about 30 minutes of driving it starts misfiring and not picking up.i cannot drive under 2000rpm or the car would sputter and buck alot. about a month ago i had started the car after driving a long distance and the car had shut off. i opened the distributor cap and replaced the spring in the coil and it started back up. about 30 minutes later my check engine light came on and the car wouldnt rev past 3000 and had that nasty misfire. i let it sit and the check engine light hasnt been back ever since but still has that nasty misfire. sorry for the long story but i cant figure this out and really need some help. thanks

1990 accord lx 5spd

pull the error code for the check engine light and it will tell you what the problem is. it could be the distributor, but it could also be your oxygen sensor.

Comment

i have done that and no codes show up.NONE at all

Comment

if the check engine light comes on at all, there should be a code stored. are you doing it correctly? if you are doing everything correctly and still get no codes, you might want to try a different ECU

Comment

Originally posted by ferenza View Post
          . i opened the distributor cap and replaced the spring in the coil and it started back up. about 30 minutes later my check engine light came on and the car wouldnt rev past 3000 and had that nasty misfire.
          You replaced a spring in the coil?
          Im confused ..what spring did u replace?

Comment

ok today i pulled code 1 off my ecu (o2 sensor). would my o2 sensor cause heavy hesitation under 2000 rpm?

Originally posted by madmattr6 View Post
            You replaced a spring in the coil?
            Im confused ..what spring did u replace?
            Its the spring that sits in the ignition coil that touches the cap.

Comment

Working...
            X