Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hiptech View Post
    Thanks...

I checked into insuring it as a collector car but Hagerty and others don't have CB7s in their database so they can't assign a value yet. At some point I'll need to have it appraised.

Thanks that's way cool... who is the other?
    I am not sure if you need to insure it as a collector's car. A friend of mine daily drives his 1983 BMW 5 series. Nothing special about it over all. In fact that is one of his newest cars. Since my insurance agent has pretty much implied that if my car ever gets anything bigger than a small ding it would get totaled; I asked my friend what he does for insurance. He told me what he does with all of his cars is to get them appraised and pays his insurance that way. Both him and I have Safeco.

Original owner? Are we talking SE's only? If not, I am also an original owner. Since August 10, 1992.

Comment

Originally posted by Prez808 View Post
      I am not sure if you need to insure it as a collector's car. A friend of mine daily drives his 1983 BMW 5 series. Nothing special about it over all. In fact that is one of his newest cars. Since my insurance agent has pretty much implied that if my car ever gets anything bigger than a small ding it would get totaled; I asked my friend what he does for insurance. He told me what he does with all of his cars is to get them appraised and pays his insurance that way. Both him and I have Safeco.

Original owner? Are we talking SE's only? If not, I am also an original owner. Since August 10, 1992.
      ^^ get the historical insurance.
      For Sale Thread CLICK HERE!

1991 CB9 EX Wagon

1990 CB7 EX Sedan

1997 RA1 LX Wagon

CB7Tuner Discord CLICK ME! -- http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...02#post3285402

Comment

Fresh CB7!!! It's definitely an inspiration! Keep it up

Comment

Wow! Looks amazing, man. Good work!

Comment

That car is a time capsule. Even under the hood looks new. Very nice.
            5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

Wow so clean! How much was the car when you bought it new?

Comment

Added a YT vid below my pics on the first page of this post of a 130k milestone reached yesterday with help by my friend Tyson from DriveToFive blog (https://youtu.be/lV6yT92En-c)

He's selling his recently acquired '92 Integra LS sedan 5-spd on BAT which ends this Thursday if anyone is interested. He found a near identical GS model with less miles from the original owner. The LS is no slouch either. You can check his site for the back story and a link to the auction.

BTW can someone explain why the YT format button displays a posted vid as incorrect or disabled?

Thanks
                Last edited by hiptech; 02-05-2022, 10:57 AM.
                My Collection:
                93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
                00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
                04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

Comment

I don't know - looks like that lower splash shield could use some attention.
                  90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                  08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
                    I don't know - looks like that lower splash shield could use some attention.
                    Haha... just wanted to prove nothing is perfect.

Now if only there were a more perfect replacement somewhere - hmmm...
                    My Collection:

Comment

Originally posted by hiptech View Post
                      Haha... just wanted to prove nothing is perfect.

Now if only there were a more perfect replacement somewhere - hmmm...
                      Perfect replacement car or splash shield? Majestic still shows the shield as available ($165). My wagon just came home from FL (kids in school) and the shield was missing along with all the bolts, along with the bottom of the left fender liner being shredded - I don't remember not putting one back on after all the front end work. Installed spares from my stash.
                      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

LOL...splash shield

Good to know - I'll check with my local dealer first since I get a 20% discount on parts.

Thanks Paul
                        My Collection:

Comment

That hood prop rod looks good though!

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
                            That hood prop rod looks good though!
                            I know right but it doesn't hold a candle to my near perfect sun visors which BTW function flawlessly!

Many thanks again...
                            My Collection:

Comment

Very nice! I knew I recognized this car. Since my bro bought his SE a few weeks ago I have been searching for all kinds of information on these SE's and I found pics of yours right away, particularly of it sitting in a showroom, and I thought, wow this is a nice one.

Back in 1997 I had a '93 SE in Geneva Green Pearl, or whatever the name of it is. Dark green over ivory leather, it had about 55K miles on it. It was a nice reliable comfortable car, but being in the salt belt I'm sure that it has been retired by now, sadly.

Thanks for sharing all those photos. What host are you guys and girls using for hi-res images?

Comment

• hiptech
                                hiptech commented
                                Editing a comment
                                I've been using:
                                https://postimages.org/!

It's not the best UI but at least you can upload
                                images at full resolution and best of all it's free!

Also I've recently discovered:
                                https://www.virtualparking.net/

It's not a photo hostirg site exactly but you can post images and describe your ride in detail it's fine for that. People can comment but it's not quite the same as a forum. The owner is very accommodating and friendly.
                                Seems to have more domestic cars but all are featured...
                                Last edited by hiptech; 07-30-2023, 01:56 PM.

Cool, thanks for the info, I may just use Flickr.

Comment

Working...
                              X