Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

1991 Honda Accord SE: Accordia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

they needed alot of work... and both were automatic.. i really wanted a 5spd coupe so thats what i bought lol and honestly if i can go back intime... i'd do it all over again!! the SE isnt to different from the EX... what leather? the leather i had was screwed... almost as bad as yours... and im the type of person i dont care what the outside looks like its about the interior.. and there was no working with that...
    Originally posted by deevergote
    wen yous in da import seen yo, u gotta tipe lyke yous from da streetz cuz it showz dat u git mad rezpect yo. toonerz dun tipe lyke dey gotz a edjakashun cuz dat aint coo.

Comment

Originally posted by cb7inct View Post
      they needed alot of work... its about the interior.. and there was no working with that...
      I hear ya. If I want to fix Accordia, I'm looking at about $270 factory leather and labour which isn't bad. But, the truth is, I don't want to stay black, especially when full interiors are around $700 or so, brand new (aftermarket: http://www.leatherseats.com/vehicle_...earSelect=1991). I'm auto now, but I'll be swapping out the tranny with the engine, as it comes as a package anyway. Finding a manual tranny cb7 wouldn't have made my situation any better, as it still would have gone with the swap. But, if I was in your position, I would sell the autos too, or better yet, never have bought an auto in the first place. I've been a stickman for 20 years already. No need to change now

Comment

well i couldnt pass off the deals i got for mine... i paid $600 for the SE with brembo rotors, headers, 18'rims, tints, and a bunch of speakers... the LX i paid $100 for.. it drove fine but the suspension was going on it along with the fuel pump... but glad to see you got alot planed for Accordia..
        wen yous in da import seen yo, u gotta tipe lyke yous from da streetz cuz it showz dat u git mad rezpect yo. toonerz dun tipe lyke dey gotz a edjakashun cuz dat aint coo.

Comment

well i couldnt pass off the deals i got for mine... i paid $600 for the SE with brembo rotors, headers, 18'rims, tints, and a bunch of speakers... the LX i paid $100 for.. it drove fine but the suspension was going on it along with the fuel pump... but glad to see you got alot planed for Accordia..
          Geez, at those prices on those cars, buy sell buy sell buy sell I could quit working if I could find consistent deals like that! hahaha
          Last edited by sshuc; 03-16-2010, 12:00 AM.

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=153501 check em out... i bought my coupe for $700... theres alot of cheap cheap cars here in CT... u just gotta know where to look... like how u found urs cutting threw a dealer..

Comment

Great project....Keep up the work.....It's going to pay off in the end....Just go to local junkyard and you will find all sort of things
              VS

Mercyboy: I rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

MERCYBOY THREAD:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158241
              1990 RHD Honda accord si CB3 Canada http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196287
              MY CB7 ON YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJID_IxwiNY

Comment

welcome fellow's se.

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Why not find another chassis and swap parts over? May be cheaper than stripping her down to the frame and redoing her from the ground up. but if money ain't an issue. Go for it.
                  Patiently Waiting.

MRT

Comment

holy rustation lol... def gotta get that rust fixed... but... well... it almost looks like it belongs lmfao.. its everywhere... but a good start

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=153501 check em out... i bought my coupe for $700... theres alot of cheap cheap cars here in CT... u just gotta know where to look... like how u found urs cutting threw a dealer..
                      Not so here in Canada. I even saw a CB7 on Craigs for like $8900 with no mods. Like 70k i think. They are regularly $2k and up. But, I'll keep my eyes out, for anything and everything lol

Originally posted by mercyboy View Post
                      Great project....Keep up the work.....It's going to pay off in the end....Just go to local junkyard and you will find all sort of things
                      Thanks Mercy, I totally agree. Know what you want and go find it, right? I'm all about that. "By any means necessary", as they say!

Thanks CB7_ACCORD!

Originally posted by Freshagen View Post
                      Why not find another chassis and swap parts over? May be cheaper than stripping her down to the frame and redoing her from the ground up. but if money ain't an issue. Go for it.
                      Fresh, I live in Ontario Canada. Here the Government uses salt for traction in the winter, instead of sand, like most places. Unfortunately, it rots the shyt out of cars. I've had hondas, two audis and a mini, and it did it to them all in some way shape or form. I even used to fall for the "RustProofing" that all dealers here are so eager to upsell you. Doesn't work.

I want this car, and I want it new. I also want it to stay new. I've seen restored pre-81 Accords going for a pretty penny. If I'm going to spend anything serious on it, the entire car has to be worth it, and it needs to be in the same awesome condition in a decade. Otherwise, for me, it wasn't a project worth the time, effort, or money.

It'll probably run me $3000 or so to sandblast, repair, and powdercoat her frame, and repair and prime her body to make it ready for paint. But, to me that's better spent, than if I were to spend it on another car with LESS rust. Rust is still rust, I want NO rust: frame or body. So, for me it was finding the cheapest, running option. If the car was on the road, I check her history and no accidents, then all I'm looking for is the lowest price. And, no mods. And, here she was at $339. So, couldn't pass her up!

Money's always an issue, but if a little harder work on my part means I end up with a better-than-new 1991 Accord, it makes more sense to me than spilling the same money on a new Accord (I'm assuming that by the time this project is done, it'll be the same amount spent).

Originally posted by cb7_casper View Post
                      holy rustation lol... def gotta get that rust fixed... but... well... it almost looks like it belongs lmfao.. its everywhere... but a good start
                      lol, yeah, I know it's bad, and I'm most certain as I start removing parts, she's gonna be coughin' up rusty bits everywhere! But, I'll get'er done Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X