fuel door wont open?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuel door wont open?

I stopped and got gas tonight only for my fuel door latch to brake. How can I go about fixing this is I can fix it at all?

Thanks for any help..

its a cable that runs all the way from your lever to the fuel door...so you can try to lube it. replace it. or what i do is have a knife or screwdriver and pop it open. its what ive always had to do cause im lazy.

Comment

Does the cable pull the latch and the door just doesn't pop open? Or is the cable broken? If the cable undoes the latch, but you still have to pull the door open, there is a metal spring on the inside of the door that can easily be replaced, it fits tightly on a tab on the door. It can simply be pulled off and replaced with one from JY.
      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

when i first bought my 4dr, my door wouldn't open either. It turned out the spring release that slides into the door was missing. That should be all you'll need.

member's ride thread
        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
        91 Accord SE 176k
        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Smash It

Comment

Working...
          X