Not ur run of the mill GT ARRR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
    i disagree, like a Type R, id just change the tires, brake pads and struts and appreciate it for what it is.

im pretty sure honda engineers can produce a car way better than we forum guys.
    I agree there as well, though I don't thing I'd even touch the suspension. Yeah, it may not be a perfect track car... but it's a perfect example of a Type R. If I want to rape an Integra, I'm going to do it to a lower model. I know the Type R has a better chassis than any other... but still.

Comment

what im trying to get at is that most people cant out drive a car. there's a lot of room for improvement in terms of driving. hell, i havent even out driven my cb7. im pretty close but i dont like to push it on the street for obvious reasons.

karting is a great example, simple brake setup, couple hp, blah blah.
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

so based on the fact that the car was hurt, and expensive u are going to call him a dumbass?

sweet.

and i agree that it is nice to leave something well designed alone, however thats not what works for anyone. u gotta remember that any car built by a manufacture is a compromise so they can actually sell cars. all id plan on doing is removing the compromise in my favorable manner. i can appreciate stock cars for what they are, but i cant crucify someone with deeper pockets for wanting more. its great to have perfect examples of stock low production, cool ass cars, but someone has to push the boundaries and see what can really be done... and honestly, so far for this chassis.... theres nobody better than ams.

and u dont need to out drive a car to enjoy enhancements.... thats simply ridiculous.
        Last edited by J-specCb4; 06-24-2010, 02:24 AM.

"Tucking tires and wires."
        The Chronicles.

Comment

yea you're right...we should be getting bike racks and baby seats. thats what the accord was meant for anyways.
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

If you buy an expensive car, and abuse it to the point that it breaks in 2 years... yes, I would call that a dumbass. The GT-R is intended to be pushed, and they do not have a reputation for breaking. Therefore, I'm willing to bet that this guy abused it. Furthermore, he's probably paying at least half of the purchase price of the car to do this build... possibly more than that... so I feel it's safe to assume he has money to burn. This isn't a clever tuner project... this is shipping your broken $100,000 car thousands of miles for a high-profile shop to basically rebuild the entire driveline from the ground up.

The project is amazing... but it offends me that someone would break a GT-R. However, I'd rather see a broken GT-R torn apart and beefed up than one that is working perfectly.

Comment

i guess.

theres a lot of assumptions in the post above.

i just dont think its cool for other people to decide what should be done with other peoples money....

The Chronicles.

Comment

Ok I get it. Some of you are holding these cars on a pedestal. You respect the original engineering above all else. You are auto-transcendentalists. Protectors of the OEM! Essentially Car-Huggers. If someone uses a car in a manner you don't like, they shouldn't have the privilege of owning it, right?
                '92 LX.
                JDM H22a.

My Member's Ride Thread

Sold to: tysCb7, johnD1079, AccordHybrid92, GUA-D'zCb-7, judonoh, DriftProjectR, AeyJayCB7, C91BLX7, H23CB7

Comment

So you can defend their choice to do as they wish with their car, but you have a problem with me having an opinion about it? I'm not trying to prevent anyone from doing anything... I simply disapprove. At least of the owner's treatment of the vehicle. If the engine blew up due to a factory defect, one would think the owner of said $80k+ car would have it fixed under warranty, not send it off to have tens of thousands of dollars worth of work done to the engine. Therefore, it is a logical assumption that he beat the living shit out of it until it blew up. While the fact that the engine was damaged DOES make the idea of tearing it apart more acceptable, I still find it irritating that this guy would abuse this toy that is worth far more than the majority of the members here make in a year (or possibly will EVER make in a year)

If I could afford to own the Mona Lisa, would you disapprove if I chose to wipe my ass with it? Would your disapproval mean I couldn't do as I wished with my property?

It is merely an opinion. Notice that I am not attacking any particular member in my arguments, yet I'm receiving plenty of direct attacks myself... that's not fair.

Comment

Deev, much like Jspeccb4, I am wondering why you are choosing to make these sweeping generalizations (assumptions) in order to be upset about how this guy is spending his money. Where does it say in the article that the engine was damaged or misused? The only time I found the condition of the engine mentioned was in the first post where the AMS guy said,"The motor will be addressed too. It will be getting the full treatment including sleeving and improving / replacing the entire rotating assembly."
                    '92 LX.
                    JDM H22a.

My Member's Ride Thread

Sold to: tysCb7, johnD1079, AccordHybrid92, GUA-D'zCb-7, judonoh, DriftProjectR, AeyJayCB7, C91BLX7, H23CB7

Comment

and I apologize if you feel attacked. I respect your opinion on nearly everything. You are fair and balanced, and probably the best website owner I have ever been acquainted with. I am deficient at communicating that through text.
                      '92 LX.
                      JDM H22a.

My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

whatever... im just down to see them build a sick car. this dudes money is none of my(or your) business...

The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by ThrakBarts View Post
                          Deev, much like Jspeccb4, I am wondering why you are choosing to make these sweeping generalizations (assumptions) in order to be upset about how this guy is spending his money. Where does it say in the article that the engine was damaged or misused? The only time I found the condition of the engine mentioned was in the first post where the AMS guy said,"The motor will be addressed too. It will be getting the full treatment including sleeving and improving / replacing the entire rotating assembly."
                          In the video, he says "the engine was hurt when it came in".

I'm interested in the build, don't get me wrong. AMS isn't doing anything wrong, and from the sounds of it, they're the right company to go with. They're not some "oh we'll throw some pistons in there and crank up the boost" hack shop... they know their stuff. Since the engine is already damaged, it's not as bad to me that they'll be ripping it apart. It would be upsetting to see them tear apart a perfectly good GT-R to do this build.

I really don't care how the guy spends his money... but honestly, this is a car I'd like, but won't be able to afford for quite some time. I have no problem with this guy being able to afford it... but I feel such a machine deserves a bit of respect. You don't blow up a brand new car in 2 years or less if you respect it. There aren't a whole lot of these cars made... When I get one, it'll probably be used. By not caring about his car, this guy just decreased my chances of getting a nice one by one.

Comment

<

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Working...
                            X