The Racing Rig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Racing Rig

dunno if this has been posted here before but..... here goes ... I’m sure you’re familiar with the 24 Hours of LeMons, this humble ’91 Accord is a LeMons veteran that now runs in the Chump Car World Series where it recently won it’s first 14 hour event at Rockingham. Just like in the LeMons series, the spending limit for enties is $500 including car purchase price. Safety equipment is not included in that price for obvious reasons. Cheap, reliable, and easy to make quick, it’s the epitome of why most of us got into Hondas in the first place, which pretty much makes this our poster child.

and a vid of it walking it’s way through half the field at Rockingham in one lap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQnJo...layer_embedded

http://www.chumpcar.com/about.php

idk about u guys but this is pretty fuckin sweet! gives me great hope in racing my sedan this year. but its no chump car either..
    <

(129)Transactions and counting

Nice. That guy can drive!

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

I've definitely drooled at his project in the past. Videos like this are excellent motivation.

Comment

Sweet motivation! Hopefully that's the type of track mine is going to be used on. Bit more than $500 though...lol

Originally posted by StreetMuscleAction - On Youtube
        It is an old Honda Civic (2000, I think) that has had a VTec swapped in. The engine swap had already been done when we got it from the wrecking yard. Believe it or not, it was on it's way to the crusher.
        ??? Old guy has no idea what he's got or what?
        MR Thread
        GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post

??? Old guy has no idea what he's got or what?
          That was just the guy who uploaded the vid... i dont think it was the driver.. I think someone who put that much time and effort into a car he's going to be taking to the limit would know exactly what he's got.. I could be wrong though....

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Working...
          X