CD5 7 spoke wheels tire size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CD5 7 spoke wheels tire size?

I just bought a set of CD5 wheels from a fellow tuner for my 90 accord. I wanted to know what is the recommended tires size for them. I have seen 195/60/15, but I'm not 100% sure. I'm planning on buying new wheels online and don't want to purchase the wrong size. I also wanted to know what brand wheels anyone can recommend. I live in Los Angeles so the weather is usually warm. My car isn't dropped and it's my daily driver. Anyone recommendations are much appreciated. Photos are also welcomed as reference. Thank you.

My 96 LX CD5 calls for 185/65/15 but I had OEM steel wheels EX probably called for 195/60/15 as they are more performance oriented then LX models
    " Insert funny quote here "

Comment

I use Sumitomo Touring LS-T and they seem to be quiet, grippy, good in rain and have a very good treadwear rating. Any tire in your size new under $70 is JUNK and I can promise it will suck. My Sumitomo installed mounted and balanced were $80 a piece look in that price range from $75-$140 a tire IMO Michelin's just about the best tire company out there

Comment

195/60-15 is the correct size for the 15" wheel on the EX models, you can't go wrong with them.

You could always run a 205/60-15 if you wanted to go a bit wider and wanted something with a little more sidewall to fill up the wheel well if you're at stock height. Some people will recommend a 205/55 for a little extra width, but unless you're lowered it's a smaller tire than the 195/60 which will increase your wheel gap and make your ride a little rougher.

As far as tires are concerned, you may want to give us a little more information on what you're looking for out of the tire. Do you want something that's very grippy at the expense of tread wear or are you looking for something that trades grip for mileage and road noise, etc.

Comment

I'm just looking for some tires that will last me and that won't have me hear road noise as much. And I also won't feel every little bump on the road. I don't really no much about tires to tell you the truth.

Comment

softer compound tires will have more grip but wear faster but they also can outperform harder rubber in winter or cold weather. Generally you will want a all season tire that is M + S rated ( for mud & snow ) look at reviews of tires that can be helpful but just stay away from any tire under $75 bucks new also if your buying locally or in person check the manufacturers date on tire rubber has shelf life on tires of 7 years or so tire places run sales on older stock to move them quickly. Just like with fruit the fresher you get the better and keep in mind all tires will make more noise when they are worn down some then when they are new GL and post back with what tires your looking at if you want help there

Comment

Alright I'm not looking for anything that is super pricey since I can't afford to spend so much on tires. I found this spot by my job called Americas tire co. They don't look bad. These are some of the tires they off and prices. Are the falken any good?
              http://m.americastire.com/dtcs/searchForMostPopularTires.do?sll=vsBestSeller&v=00 6781%7C1995&sortBy=prca&r=CAOINT%7Cpc%7C90503&ar=6 0&fqs=true&rd=15&cs=195

Comment

The Falken Ziex 612s will be good DD tires. I had a set of Ziex 512s (the Ziex 612s replaced the 512s)....they were a lot better than the previous set of Goodyear Eagle RS tires that came with my car. They won't be super sticky, but will be good for daily driving, and grip in wet weather.

Comment

I wouldn't buy any of those I would still shop around but out of all the choices listed there under $100 a tire the Falken's would be a good choice

Comment

Originally posted by spiderpig View Post
                    I wouldn't buy any of those I would still shop around but out of all the choices listed there under $100 a tire the Falken's would be a good choice
                    I'm with you on that one...I haven't heard of any of those companies...I ran a single off brand tire once and I never liked it...tires are one of those places I'll spend the money.

These fit your budget

Tire Rack is approximately $20/tire to ship which puts you at your $100/tire price point. My friend has that exact tire on his TSX and raved about it.

When I checked America's Tire they had a Bridgestone Turanza that had a 90K mile warranty that I'd pick over anything on your link.

Comment

Working...
                    X