Something I'm a noob about

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something I'm a noob about

Went last Monday with CB7T member Oso Cb to the junk yard. He couldn't find what he came for but found other stuff. I found what I needed from a 91 Coupe with the Royal Red interior. Problem was I wasn't sure if it was the upper piece or the harder to remove lower. So I left it and came back today with an understanding of what part I needed. My son came too! Wow father and son day! So I walked all around and no car! I thought I was going crazy and my son thought I was. So I asked someone and the story is...They cleaned out the cars and crushed them. All you see is "newer". Sad Dad!
    Anybody got a rear door panel for a 91 coupe?

Old wagon - Silver '92 LX Wagon - Steve (Shadow)- STOLEN ON LABOR DAY 2012
    New wagon- White '92 LX Wagon on 1/3/13 (Frostbite)

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
    My Facebook Site - ACCORDOBSESSION

So I get to the JY on Roscoe and 5 freeway, and did not find what I needed and for got to bring my Iphone in with me. What I did find was a white CB7 sedan with the CB7tuner.com decals on both back windows.. a member bit the dust

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com

Comment

Hey, man.

A coworker of mine told me about a yard somewhere semi-local that is import only and supposedly usually has a good selection of cb's.

I'll check with him tomorrow about what it's called and where.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucien View Post
        Hey, man.

A coworker of mine told me about a yard somewhere semi-local that is import only and supposedly usually has a good selection of cb's.

I'll check with him tomorrow about what it's called and where.
        Thank you. I'm in Southern California and in Reseda..a suburb of the San Fernando Valley. I now need two things...one is a cover for the inside shock in the trunk of CB9 (blue carpet)..and the door lining for the 91 Lx coupe..royal red.

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com

Comment

Originally posted by SilverShadow View Post
          Thank you. I'm in Southern California and in Reseda..a suburb of the San Fernando Valley. I now need two things...one is a cover for the inside shock in the trunk of CB9 (blue carpet)..and the door lining for the 91 Lx coupe..royal red.
          So the Pick a Parts i've gone to and found Accords in are:

Orange County_Beach Blvd. and Ball Road (typically around 10 cb's)

Orange County_Katella and Beach Blvd. (heard there's even more cb's here on average)

There's also one in Ontario that he said is way bigger and has a lot more cb's and wheels to pick from.

I try to hit up the beach/ball location pretty often and i'm going to the katella/beach location soon to see what they have.

Comment

Well the coupe is now someone elses problem. I sold it. The wagon (CB9) is now my main priority. I went to JY yesterday and true to my word, there were no wagons. Yes yes, there are plenty of CB7's to fill the yard. Found two sets of rear mud flaps with the HONDA words on them, a 5peed shift knob in excellent shape (But i needed the boot..it was ripped) and some dash clocks with the little doors still attached. PM if anyone needs.

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com

Comment

Well the coupe is now someone elses problem. I sold it. The wagon (CB9) is now my main priority. I went to JY yesterday and true to my word, there were no wagons. Yes yes, there are plenty of CB7's to fill the yard. Found two sets of rear mud flaps with the HONDA words on them, a 5peed shift knob in excellent shape (But i needed the boot..it was ripped) and some dash clocks with the little doors still attached. PM if anyone needs.
              I'll keep an eye out for a wagon next time i'm there.

What parts are you looking for specifically for the wagon?

Comment

There is a couple of JY that are imports only in southern Cali. I think the closest one will be in Fontana. The other one is in Chula Vista. Deep in the south. It's Ecology. I've never been to the one in Fontana might stop there on my way to hesperia tomorrow. Going to check a couple of JYs out there. All the ones here are always full and empty cars. They have a lot of complete cars out there.

Comment

Originally posted by TheNewt10 View Post
                  There is a couple of JY that are imports only in southern Cali. I think the closest one will be in Fontana. The other one is in Chula Vista. Deep in the south. It's Ecology. I've never been to the one in Fontana might stop there on my way to hesperia tomorrow. Going to check a couple of JYs out there. All the ones here are always full and empty cars. They have a lot of complete cars out there.
                  I have NO problem finding sedans and coupes at any JY....it's wagons that I need to find. If ..big if...you find a wagon...and Fontana is pretty far for me, and they are in good condition...
                  Front door exterior door black pillars (mine are badly bent)

And more difficult : the windshield fluid fill white tube and the resevior tank.
                  I will paypal you the amount if you'd like.

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com

Comment

Since you all are already on the search for wagons, I'm looking for the rear trunk compartment floor pieces and mat from a wagon to put in my sedan. Any leads appreciated.
                    90 Accord Ex, F22A4. Slight fire damage.

Comment

I have NO problem finding sedans and coupes at any JY....it's wagons that I need to find. If ..big if...you find a wagon...and Fontana is pretty far for me, and they are in good condition...
                      Front door exterior door black pillars (mine are badly bent)

And more difficult : the windshield fluid fill white tube and the resevior tank.
                      I will paypal you the amount if you'd like.
                      I'll see if I end up finding one next time I go. Out off all the times I've been to the JY. I've only seen 2 wagons. One was an older version that didn't come with a wagon compartment. The second one I found with a wagon compartment. Which I took. But if I find any of these things I'll pick them up for you.

Comment

Originally posted by TheNewt10 View Post
                        I'll see if I end up finding one next time I go. Out off all the times I've been to the JY. I've only seen 2 wagons. One was an older version that didn't come with a wagon compartment. The second one I found with a wagon compartment. Which I took. But if I find any of these things I'll pick them up for you.
                        If you do..I can save you the trip and meet you ½ way. I'm in the San Fernando Valley.
                        Also I hate sometimes going to the JY ..I see so much on a car..on a lot of CB's and think ..What is it the CB guys would want me to grab?? But I'm sad as I leave cause I know the car will be crushed soon and unable to get it. That is what happen with the wagons I saw...They are gone and I just didn't think of what was good to take. I'm too old and heart weak to get the big stuff...So I take small stuff that wont hurt my heart while I do.
                        Shadow120955 on ebay when I do.

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com

Comment

Working...
                        X