• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rusty the bmw (2.0)

http://www.stanceworks.com/2011/05/kill-car/
    http://speedhunters.com/archive/2011...nce-again.aspx

a car that just fails to die.
    reminds me of the Devil Z from wangan midnight and my 4 dr. very inspiring.
    <

(129)Transactions and counting

he should call it Ashy now

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Do I see a 'burnt paintjob' trend starting? :P

This car is crazy. Wangan midnight shit for sure.

Comment

Isn't it Rusty 3.0? This will be it's second revival.

I remember seeing this on here a long time ago. It's really sad to see the car like this, but I'm happy he's bringing it back. The car was almost inspirational to me too.

We're in the studio, stay tuned.----------(click)-------->

Comment

thats so cool. i was pretty sad the day i heard what happened. It just goes to show all the haters that say a car is just a car.

Its not what something literally is, its what you make it.

Comment

At what point to do you stop.

I stopped being a fan long time ago when things became apparent he wasn't doing it for the love but for attention.

Comment

How do you know he is doing it for the attention? Even if he is, if that is what makes him happy then let him have at it.

I've seen the car at every stage of it's life and have met Mike. When I met him, he seemed like a pretty reasonable guy so I'd be surprised if he is doing it for the internet fan-dom. It's easy to sit behind a computer and formulate ideas of what people think based on posts but actually meeting people and being part of the community in real life, not just on the boards, gives you a much better understanding of the reasons people build the cars the way they do.

Originally posted by Maple50175
              Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Originally posted by Tnwagn View Post
                How do you know he is doing it for the attention? Even if he is, if that is what makes him happy then let him have at it.

I've seen the car at every stage of it's life and have met Mike. When I met him, he seemed like a pretty reasonable guy so I'd be surprised if he is doing it for the internet fan-dom. It's easy to sit behind a computer and formulate ideas of what people think based on posts but actually meeting people and being part of the community in real life, not just on the boards, gives you a much better understanding of the reasons people build the cars the way they do.
                I've been apart of various BMW forums for years(For this case lets use Bimmerforums and r3vlimited). I've also seen all the stages of this car, from when it was black and on 5 stars, when his friend messed it up, from the time he swapped the 2j etc etc.

Reading his posts and the way he answers questions gives off a certain aura that has not only lead me to think of this car in this light but I'm not alone. Members on r3vlimited and quite a lot on bimmerforums has taken a similar "liking" to this car.

I don't think he's a bad person, I just say this has gotten the best of him. His other car which gets a lot less press an S54 swapped e36 is quite honestly breath taking. But then again, you can see he's being a bit dodgy with some of that too but that's another story.

It's become very apparent that his enthusiastic motivation has changed.

Comment

the way i see it, there are 2 pieces of fulfilment one gets from building something like a car or a house or anything really....

you have the "yeah, i just did that" kind of pride in knowing you made something for no other reason than you wanted to and you like it....

and the you have the WOW factor. the way people point and stare. The way they yell for you to talk to them on the road. the comments they make when you pull up to a gas station.

I wont disagree that the guy may be doing it for attention in some way. but who wants to build something that people aren't gonna talk about? whether it be love or hate.

Comment

Although I agree with Mak a bit, it started with love and the final outcome has yet to be seen. Cool story though, did enjoy. Much more work than I'd ever dream of doing so hey can't knock the guy

life is good.

Comment

Originally posted by Makaveli2k View Post
                      At what point to do you stop.

I stopped being a fan long time ago when things became apparent he wasn't doing it for the love but for attention.
                      i completely disagree...

u cant fault the man for having an eye with a camera and wanting to share. imo thats very much part of being an enthusiast. i HATE 90% of the communities u are speaking of because of their general attitude towards anything that doesnt fall into their strict guidelines of whats cool. the nature of what he has done with the car is bound to raise an eyebrow.

and agreeing with george, even if he was partially attention motivated, who cares? isnt that a large reason people modify cars at all?
                      Last edited by J-specCb4; 05-26-2011, 11:43 PM.

"Tucking tires and wires."
                      The Chronicles.

Comment

Speak for yourself Chris, I work on my car 'cause it gets my dick hard

Originally posted by Maple50175
                        Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Wouldn't the integrity of the steel be compromised?

Comment

Rusty is an inspiration for me.

You either have the motivation or you don't, that's the case with people selling out and getting rid of their cars. Sure anyone can give up and sell their car, but the ones I respect the most are the ones who keep them since the beginning.
                            Current:
                            2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
                            1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
                            1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Comment

i shoulda copy righted that, u took it from a thread that i commented on LMAO.
                              <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Working...
                              X