• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the local roads I like to cruise

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WXod...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT3_NfojWdE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wukfFZ4DS-g

Three different stretches of US Hwy 89A. Voted one of Car and Drivers 10 best roads in the US.
    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

i've only driven through the "flagstaff to sedona" stretch. really beautiful.
    mrt - '91 frost white ex coupe

Comment

Looks fun as hell! On a side note, what kind of camera do you use?

Sean-Dinner.com

Comment

Originally posted by vermicide_esp
        i've only driven through the "flagstaff to sedona" stretch. really beautiful.

Yeah, the worst part about that one though is that it is always SOOO busy. A good scenic drive though. Oak Creek Canyon is probably my favorite place on Earth. LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner_Time
          Looks fun as hell! On a side note, what kind of camera do you use?

I didn't take those vids, they were just on Youtube.

If I did use a camera though, it would probably be a Cannon or Panasonic of some form, as I really like both brands.

Comment

My parents Maxima overheated near the top of the mountain road that drops down into Phoenix. I can't remember if that was 89 or not. A lot of people expect deserts to be ugly, but I really think they are beautiful.

Owequitit...you may want to look into the JVC Everio series...they are hard disk camcorders. For around $400, you get a HELL of a lot of camera. They are excellent.
            Last edited by foamypirate; 02-06-2008, 01:12 AM.
            Originally posted by sweet91accord
            if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate
              My parents Maxima overheated near the top of the mountain road that drops down into Phoenix. I can't remember if that was 89 or not. A lot of people expect deserts to be ugly, but I really think they are beautiful.

Owequitit...you may want to look into the JVC Everio series...they are hard disk camcorders. For around $400, you get a HELL of a lot of camera. They are excellent.

I may look into it, although in the past, I haven't been overwhelmingly impressed with JVC. I personally like Panasonic better, but things may have changed since then. But if I do look for cameras, I will consider it.

And yes, I agree. The desert is far from what people picture it as. Everything is alive, there is just a good chance that if it is, it will mess up your day. LOL!

Plus, like in my area, the terrain varies from 5,000-12,000' MSL. We get snow, and ice and everything people don't think happens in AZ.

Most likely, the road you speak of is I-17 and the hill you speak of is Bumble Bee. You go from about 2000 MSL to around 4000 MSL in a couple of miles.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                Yeah, the worst part about that one though is that it is always SOOO busy. A good scenic drive though. Oak Creek Canyon is probably my favorite place on Earth. LOL!
                hahah so true. there's always someone in the way when the road is winding up/down. it was a good way to test my new suspension last year.
                mrt - '91 frost white ex coupe

Comment

thats nice. i love twistie roads.

heres my favorite playground in socal.

its called the ortega hwy. my first time driving through there i thought it was a quick freeway shortcut, but noo i was there for almost hour cutting through those twisties.

its a nice place and up in the mountain as well. i cant wait to fix my suspension on my bb6 to run through this place again.

i usually see test cars and bikes roll through here as well.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRvUL...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by GHOST 2.2
                    thats nice. i love twistie roads.

heres my favorite playground in socal.

its called the ortega hwy. my first time driving through there i thought it was a quick freeway shortcut, but noo i was there for almost hour cutting through those twisties.

its a nice place and up in the mountain as well. i cant wait to fix my suspension on my bb6 to run through this place again.

i usually see test cars and bikes roll through here as well.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRvUL...eature=related

Where is that in relation to Ojai? I saw some roads flying over that area that looked really good, some day I would like to check them out.

Also, another question. Where is the Angeles Crest Highway that I always hear so much about?

Comment

The Angeles crest hwy is north east of LA in the mountains. Definately a good road. It up behind the snow covered peaks in this picture

My swap thread
                      Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WXod...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT3_NfojWdE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wukfFZ4DS-g

Three different stretches of US Hwy 89A. Voted one of Car and Drivers 10 best roads in the US.
                        I've driven this before. The little town of Gerome or Jerome was pretty cool and strange being on the side of a hill. I always wanted to go back.

My swap thread
                        Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

Originally posted by 4CYLPOWER92
                          The Angeles crest hwy is north east of LA in the mountains. Definately a good road. It up behind the snow covered peaks in this picture

OK. That is the Santa Inez? range? The one that has 12,500 foot peaks and basically runs from the Banning Pass to the Cajon pass correct?

I wondered if it was on the back side of those mountains or not. I am not even sure that is the correct range, that is just the range that it looks like.

Comment

Ah...AZ highways...those were some good vids Scott.

Even if theyre not windey roads along the mountains, just about any open highway is fun.....unless youre going uphill on a 2-lane road to Havasu, stuck behind an 18-wheeler

That was one of the things i really enjoyed while i was out there. Sure I live like 5 miles from I-70, but wavey hills of green just arent as fun as desert plains and mountains. I took I-10 into phoenix and thats ok, but my FAVORITE highway, the whole trip was 17 North, from PHX - Flagstaff

The trees, the snowcapped mountains...BEAUTIFUL!!

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                            Originally posted by Jarrett
                            Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

ooooh yea i forgot about the crest hwy. yea that road really has good twisties and very long. itll give you a good arm and leg work out.

the socal team should do that. haha i havnt been there yet.

but heres a google image scott.

also check with the PCH in northern cali. first time going through there just to go to the bay sucked, i was driving a pos aerostar though hella curves. its not bad averaging about 40mph through those things.

Comment

Working...
                              X