Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
    Y does ur motor sit so close to the body? R all h's like this
    Im not sure, maybe its a combination of, ESP mounts, H pulley, Automatic? I thought itd have a bit more clearance like an F, when funding allows Ill get an ATI damper. I dunno this is my first rodeo man

Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
    Wow, professional grade installation and fabrications being done right here! That head looks brand spankin' new!
    Thanks! Yeah its just paint lol. but I did smooth it out (like above the the exhaust manifold, theres a nice molding flash line) while it was disassembled, I think it made a difference and masking correctly helps a lot too in final finish.

Originally posted by CB7Denmark View Post
    Such an awesome transformation!

I cant wait to give my CB some love while its stored for the winter.

Did the swaybar come off easy? I'm thinking of doing the same you did, when i come around the suspension parts, engine is foremost important for me.

Thanks, Itll be worth it!

Yes it did no problem, putting the new poly bushings on was a little weird but the poly can handle a lot of stress, fitting them back over the bar, I wrapped the bar with a few layers of teflon tape and silicone grease where the bushings sit on it. I did over torque it when I first put it back on, I wrenched it on, so I redid it but it only needs like 16 lb-ft, and I locktite'd the bolts for good measure.

Comment

well got my O2 elbow today..had to mod it of course lol

original hole was about 4mm which would would be fine for a downstream sensor, opened it up to 10-11ish mm

Not bad for 15 bucks I'd say

Heres the radiator support with added holes with nut backing for radiator stay
      glassed over the holes and added support..or something

The weather has been shitty so I havnt been out there to do more stuff yet, we'll see tomorrow ill be able to get a lot done then.

Comment

Whittling away

With the shitty weather I decided to work on my leaf spring bowie a little bit..
        heel to tip 18.5 inches.

Took care of some odds and ends today. Had to ditch the steering rack cover..oh well at least i was able to get the O2 sensor in..had to drop the engine and loosen the exhaust manifold to even thread in the elbow..radiator fitment was great as expected..kinda perturbed about the trans cooler lines though..really wish I had a tig setup..90's coming off the cooler would allow better hose runs...oh well.
        on to the pics..

Next will be this mess.. Gotta make a new main ground and finish up the VTEC subharness..and swap some connectors from the H harness over to the F harness

Comment

Nice build you got going . What part of Illinois are you from?

Comment

Originally posted by Rayz92 View Post
            Nice build you got going . What part of Illinois are you from?
            Thanks, Peoria area. Land of the GM shit boxes and kids with rich parents and subarus.

Comment

This is looking good! Nice work man.
              My 90 coupe Mr thread....
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

Very nice progress. I love a proper build. Makes me want to finish mine even sooner. Keep it up.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

vtec sub harness engine side complete

lengthened alternator wires today, tomorrow ill solder in the ecu/chassis side of the sub harness

whats left of the H harness.

since the car had an A1 i also need to extend the o2 sensor wires to the downpipe. im sure there's enough wire in the harness but not unbundling while on the car...
                  Last edited by illinois_erik; 10-25-2014, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Chipping away...

Weee. Me and my 260 pound self found this to be most pleasurable..Not.

JDM to USDM Computer Mounting. ECU was easy, Drill a new hole, bolt and nylock nut. The TCU was a bit more involved. Gut USDM TCU and trim up plate, Cut legs off JDM TCU and rivet them into one. Problem elegantly solved. As good as OEM in my book. Paint was just for preventing corrosion and had it laying around.

I gotta pull it back out and run a wire from the shift selector back to the TCU. I forgot about that. Im trying not to be hasty and forget stuff.. but I did. doh.

Comment

Lol that's why I'm glad I'm compact. Working under the dash is breeze. I should prostitute myself for wiring work. Good build, I've been following quietly.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Getting the connectors out of the ecu/tcu is a BITCH! I'm a big guy with big hands and i hate having to working under the dash.

Comment

Mocking up some L.E.D.'s

Checking polarity and fit. Had to deviate from the original plan due to space constraints. Still acceptable tho.

With Flash

Without Flash

Tight Fit

Had to swap marker and turn "bulbs"

Some stuff came in from RockAuto

Comment

Yes, you're back!!!!

Sonik said you would be. Good to see your name in orange again!
                            *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                            ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                            ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                            "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
                            Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
                            The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                            Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
                              Yes, you're back!!!!

Sonik said you would be. Good to see your name in orange again!
                              Thanks man, I see youve been busy too

Comment

We have ignition..

D/C the distributor wiring to prime the oil pump and torque converter, Cranked it a handful of times. Reconnected, fired right up first try. 2 year old gas also, it still smelt good and aromatic so I didnt drain the tank. I have a new fuel filter to put on too

After adjusting the throttle cable, burping the coolant, vac leak, and cycling the cooling fan a few times, nice idle, I didnt do anything but put it all back together. need to adjust the valves,i was lazy....All the smoking cleared up after everything burned off from head work and reassembly.
                                Last edited by illinois_erik; 01-28-2015, 03:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X