No announcement yet.

Stoner51 : 1991 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got some of the MLV installed. I have two sizes. .75, and 1lb per foot. Used the .75 for the doors and the 1lb for the floor. I only got the trunk and the rear seat finished before it got too hot for me to do anymore. Plus the fumes from the vinyl cement are strong.
    I had to switch to photobucket. Because I am not smart enough to figure out how to upload from google anymore.
    Here are some pics. I hope

Supplies I used[IMG]

[/IMG]

[IMG]

[/IMG]

[IMG]

[/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Steve
    Last edited by Stoner51; 04-26-2014, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Just caught up with your progress, great work you have been busy!!

On the LSD point, I was thinking about that, but Ive taken the Accord on a trackday the other weekend (videos will be up so bare with) and Ive convinced my self that actaully just a big rear anti roll bar or/and stiffer rear springs will keep that inside front from sitting up and spinning up enough so that a LSD advantages are minimal. I will try this before I got down the LSD route.

Is it quieter with the doors sealed properly now?

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
      UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
      NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

I usually listen to sirius and my volume before the new amp, speaker and mlv was 15 on the interstate.
        It is now about 7-8.
        I do however think somehow it has messed up my bass. My 8 inch sub was fine. And now it sounds distorted/muddy for lack of better word
        I got all that mlv for about $135 shipped from a semi local guy on ebay. Auburndarter. Shipping was fast and it's a great product. I had the 1 lb for about 6 months and just got the 3/4 stuff yesterday. The 3/4 has a little odor but nothing I can't live with.

Next up I think is a dc power alt. I have tried everything but just can't get the fans to stop pulling so much that the voltage drops from a steady 14.2 to 12.6 at idle. My current high output alt puts out 80 at 800 and max of 170. Interstate cruise with ac lights and defroster on is rock solid 14.2. So I assume i can go with their 180 amp alt. It does produce 120 at 800 idle which is what I need

Thanks for the comments

Steve
        Last edited by Stoner51; 04-26-2014, 06:06 PM.

Comment

I took the solid rear mount out and put the OEM rear mount back in. As soon as the weather get warm and I run the AC the vibration is terrible. Hopefully this fixes the vibration.

I installed the new AGM battery from advance. It is a 24F series. Which I didn't know meant that the pos and neg are reversed. So I had to order from new wire and ring terminals from KNuconceptz 4 ga. And some new battery terminals. My current terminals are now hitting the hood. Just the Negative one that is now on the passenger side. The part that hits is the screw on top so I put some of the neoprene from the MLV install between the terminals and the hood till the new stuff gets here.

Also I got to thinking about my climate control being broken. I'm 90% sure I got something caught when I installed the dash. So I will remove the dash when Install the rest of the MLV and run that up into the dash. I can hear a lot of noise coming from the front and nothing from the back seat back.

And I did some testing of the new alt at idle with the two SPAL fans and I drop for 14.3 to 14.1. I can live with that. Idle is set at 850. I may try dropping that back to 800. we will see
          Last edited by Stoner51; 04-29-2014, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Well I decided I was tired of the polished wheels. In my opinion they require more work to look good, than I would like to do. So they had a CL in the yard that had some of the 16 spoke mesh wheels I've always liked. The car caught on fire and the tire burned up. The wheel itself looks pretty good no curbage and only a few marks.

I plan on painting these wheels some shade of silver to gunmetal and then using the spraymax 2k urethane on them. This process will prob take a while because around here these wheels are hard to find. I will post some pics of the process. I'm in no hurry as my michelins only have about 5000 miles on them.

For tire size I am thinking about 205/50/16. They have 205/55 on them now.

I still haven't installed the MLV But I did finally pick up a complete grey trunk minus the carpet. It seemed too much for me to be able to clean. It is nice to have trunk with all the parts in it. Makes the car seem more complete.

Ill post up some pics shortly if I can get photobucket mobile to work on my phone. Lets see.

And I'm prob going to try and raise the car back up some. This dam apexi resonator drags on every little bump. I will start with just the higher perch. But I may end up with some ground control coilovers. I thought about function form but unless I went with the type 2 I'm not sure they will be better than the Koni yellow?ground control setup. And the ground controls will run 350 vs 800 for FF. Any opinions on my thinking on this?

Steve

Wheel
            [IMG][/IMG]
            Last edited by Stoner51; 05-13-2014, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Wheel 2

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Two down two to go

Duplicolor graphite with spraymax 2k clear

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Well now that it is Officially hot here in Alabama. I am using the AC more. The Problem with the 2 SPAL fans and the voltage is only getting worse.
                  When the AC is on and the the car is idling My voltage is about 13.5 if it is in the morning and the ambient temp is down some. And in the Afternoon when the temp is up the voltage at idle is 12.6.

I assume these number are a sign that the alternator just doesn't have enough juice. So After much debating about a better alt or a second battery. I opted for the second battery. I sometimes need all the trunk I have and another battery would hinder that.

So I emailed Mechman a while ago and the response I got was they didn't have a drop it alt for our cars. So I called DC Power in CA and ordered the 180 amp alt. $415 and a 4 week wait.

REASONING: Ever since installing the 180 amp alt from alterstart on ebay and the 2 spal fans my idle voltage has always dropped. The alterstart alt puts out 80 amps at idle according to the sheet I got. Once I get past 1000 RPM. I never drop below 14.1. HID defroster and ac on still 14.1. So I figure my problem is the idle output of my current HO alt. 180 top end seems to be fine. The DC Power ALT puts out around 130 at 800 idle. So I am hoping that this will solve the voltage drop problem I have.

For those following I have the 2 SPAL fans to move more air across the condensor to cool the ac faster. It works pretty well car gets colder much faster than last year without the SPAL fans. The two fans run about 27 amps a piece. And when the voltage drops down to 12.6 I can hear an audible difference in the fan speed. This then limits the flow across the condensor and the temps will start to rise.

I think the Alterstart HO alt is a great alt. I have had two the 135 and now the 180. They have always been steady voltage but the two SPAL fans put a strain on it but only at idle.

Hopefully this new alt will solve my problems.

My Current draw has to be a lot more than normal.

2 SPAL High output 12 in puller fans
                  Morimoto mini H1 HID
                  Alpine M6 640w sub amp
                  Alpine F4 500 amp 4 channel amp
                  Hondata Coil pack Retro fit.

All of those are running at idle.

I will update on this once I get the alt installed. Along with a DIY on how to install the alt. I will also do a review and comparison between the 2 alts to help future members with the same problems.

Last week I put the Ground control coilovers on and adjusted the ride height. No more scraping of the APEXI resonator.

Steve

Comment

Picked up 2 more CL meshie wheels today. I plan to start painting them to match the others this week.
                    Hopefully have the wheels done before winter.

I also ordered my 0ga wore and connectors from knukonceptz for when the HO alt gets here. Hopefully in the next 10 days or so. It's already been about 4 weeks since I ordered it from dc power

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Stoner51 View Post
                      Pictures:

lights are off
                      Was your flash on?

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Prob so. I'm not very good at photography.

steve

Comment

Well I recieved an email from dc power saying my high output alt had shipped.
                          On the phone Anthony said 4 weeks and he was spot on. Bad part is it won't be here till next Monday. I was hoping for Friday so I could put it in on sat. Oh well.

Also ordered all the capacitors and chipping parts for my computer chipping thread.

I still have to get the tires taken off the cl wheels so I can start my restoration.

This all seems never ending.

Steve

Comment

Thise CL wheels are coming out super nice man. Good luck with the altenator.
                            Procrastination is a THIEF of time!!

MY MRT

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203992

My First CB7

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/705233/1990-honda-accord/

Comment

Polished the hood and car this weekend. I had to sand the hood down and then polish it. It looks ok but still has some spots where I need to smooth it out. Overall it looks better.

Even after a polish and wax. It still just looks like and "old" car. So my side moldings have been bothering me for a while. I have tried all the back to black whatever and no luck.

SO I painted it following typeG DIY but on the car. It looks great. Looks like a newer car. I should have done this years ago.
                              I didn't put any clear on the side moldings but I did put the 1k clear on the skirts.
                              I will do the other side this weekend and use 2k clear on it and see if that makes a difference.

This means no more wax on the side molding. finally.

And I found a new favorite wax.
                              http://www.amazon.com/Permatex-80019...=cm_cr_pr_pb_t
                              Two coats and man it shines. And this is on my 12 year old paint.
                              I wet sanded the hood bc I recently painted it myself. Not the best but looks better than the hail damaged hood.
                              Then Meguiars 105 with a orange pad.
                              Meguiars 205 with a white pad.
                              then 2 coats of the chemical guys 505 carnauba.

I'll post some pics later. I still have to polish the hood some more. And my flush mount is chipping paint a little. I need to decide what to do with it.

Now that I have a truck as a spare I can start projects and not be so rushed to finish.

steve

Comment

I would strongly recommend you clear coat the trim too. I had mine all painted and left some of the trim without clear coat and a week later it rained and ruined the paint job on the pieces without clear.
                                Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Working...
                                X