Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Road Rage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last month I followed a cop for 15min on my way to work. Watched him not use his signal light for several turns before he pulled up to the curb outside the police station. So I followed him, pulled up behind him and got out and asked if he could please use his signal light. (at this point they were getting stuff from their trunk).... his reply:

Me: "Excuse me sir, do you mind using your signal light when driving?"
    Him:"what?! I didn't use my signal lights on the last turn?"
    Me: "When pulling over to the curb, the turn before that, the turn before that, the rotary, and the junction point before that"
    Him:" Oh, sorry about that"
    Me: "No problem, have a good day"

Few weeks later followed another cop on the same route doing the same thing (not sure if it was him). Had to get to work so i couldn't stop.

But jesus F* god! What does it tell people when even the police don't use their signal light, never mind follow other road rules. I really don't get it, the signal light switch is 2" away from your hand and it turns itself off!!! Yet, you can't move your hand that 2" to use it.....

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
      Last month I followed a cop for 15min on my way to work. Watched him not use his signal light for several turns before he pulled up to the curb outside the police station. So I followed him, pulled up behind him and got out and asked if he could please use his signal light. (at this point they were getting stuff from their trunk).... his reply:

Me: "Excuse me sir, do you mind using your signal light when driving?"
      Him:"what?! I didn't use my signal lights on the last turn?"
      Me: "When pulling over to the curb, the turn before that, the turn before that, the rotary, and the junction point before that"
      Him:" Oh, sorry about that"
      Me: "No problem, have a good day"

Few weeks later followed another cop on the same route doing the same thing (not sure if it was him). Had to get to work so i couldn't stop.

But jesus F* god! What does it tell people when even the police don't use their signal light, never mind follow other road rules. I really don't get it, the signal light switch is 2" away from your hand and it turns itself off!!! Yet, you can't move your hand that 2" to use it.....
      You my friend have some big cahonas! Police around here rarely use their signal light or follow the posted speed limit. I 99&#37; of the time use the signal light, but 30% of the time stay the speed limit. I’m usually 5-8 over. So I would feel like a hypocrite if I did this. But it’s good to see people do bring it up. I’m shocked he didn’t mention anything about you following him.

On topic:
      I do know in Japan in order for you to get your license you have to pay a hefty fee and don’t get your learners until you are 18. You then have to have a job they consider professional before you get your license. I don’t remember the exact amount for the license but I know for the license it self is close to $500-800 USD and if you go to a school it cost 10-20x that. Here is an interesting link I found:

http://gakuran.com/driving-in-japan-...-drivers-test/

Fortunately the Japanese view US service members on the same level as their politicians so we get a break on the fees and schools. But if you get one ticket or wreck, it will be very hard to get your license back without a hefty fee. We get this brief every time I deploy to japan.
      Last edited by Grumpys93; 02-02-2018, 12:50 PM.
      ~Nick~
      FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
      MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

All I have to say is I am from Baltimore & I just try to get out of the way when there are crazy drivers. People who cut me off, go right ahead I am in no rush & I do not feel like getting shot lol.

I have had some crazy experiences driving in the city. A lady cut me off (while driving my CB) & got mad at me when I sped around her. We both came to a stop sign & she got out her car then started trying to chase my car lol. She even tried to grab onto my spoiler but I took off too fast haha!

I think people will eventually get what they deserve so I don't even waste my time getting mad. (Because half the time crazy drivers will have a shitty, dented, smashed up car. So I just assume they're mad they drive a piece of junk!)
        Keep Pushing..

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          In the US, kids learn from licensed drivers (usually parents and older siblings), and are encouraged to take lessons from licensed professsional teachers. Such lessons usually result in slightly lower insurance rates (a big deal where I live, as insurance is obscene here!)

Bad habits are definitely learned. My wife just mentioned last night that the next generation of drivers will be learning from the current generation that has been driving with cell phone in hand from day one! It’s scary.
          That reminds me, here in Maryland "Parallel Parking" is not a requirement anymore on the driving test. I am not sure how these kids will park on the streets lol.
          Keep Pushing..

Comment

Originally posted by G. Wiffington View Post
            That reminds me, here in Maryland "Parallel Parking" is not a requirement anymore on the driving test. I am not sure how these kids will park on the streets lol.
            Doesn’t matter. The cars are gonna park themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by G. Wiffington View Post
              haha, same here up north. I was like WTF? And what always puzzled me is why they don't make you take part of your driving test in the winter?

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
                Doesn’t matter. The cars are gonna park themselves.
                Shit, must be nice lol.
                Keep Pushing..

Comment

Working...
                X