Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Sound cutting out on speakers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sound cutting out on speakers.

Hello, I have this issue when I'm playing music, and at a sound intensive part such as at a bass heavy or lound area of the song the music will cut out. So sometimes the music plays then it cuts out at the beat and continues playing. Im not sure if the alternator cannot provide enough energy to power or its a head unit issue.

Thanks for any input.

Sounds like you either have poor/loose lower connections, or your battery/alternator isn't putting out enough juice
    Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Do you think the underdrive pulley on the alternator may be causing it to lose power? Also even an 3/4k rpm, this still happens? It didn't happen before. Sign the alternator is going out?

Comment

There's more than a few causes for that.

First of all, is all of your system aftermarket? If so, how were the headunit and speakers wired in? Taped together, soldered, butt connectors?

I've had similar issues in the past with my headunit doing the cutting out. Basically it would get hot from being used and would go into a protection mode so it doesn't fry itself. I've had amps do the same thing. If you pulled the head unit out and touched the heat sink on the rear, you'd leave half your finger behind on it.

Wiring that is not the proper gauge can also cause you issues. Too much power can melt your wires or cause poor connections.

What I would suggest is to follow all your wiring from the head unit to all the speakers and visually inspect for any damage or loose connections and repair as necessary. Sometimes it could even just be a bad ground. Make sure all connections are clean and strong.

How old is the battery and how many amps is it? Same with the alternator. Check your ground connection on the alternator, that has caused me charging issues in the past. Do your lights and electrics dim or slow down when the stereo is on?

Let us know what you find!
        Last edited by crazymikey; 05-12-2014, 01:18 AM.

Comment

x3 on the loose connections. Your amp may be going into undervoltage protection whenever the bass hits.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

If it is an aftermarket head unit which is it? Pioneer,Sony, clairion etc dont typically have those issues. Kenwood deck from my personal experience as well a few friends have had issues where the after a year usually from regular use the internal amp starts to give up due to heat.

Comment

Working...
            X