Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better to Flush Evaporator Core when replacing expansion valve?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better to Flush Evaporator Core when replacing expansion valve?

I am at the start of flushing my ac system and replacing parts as i do it. I realized if i am replacing my expansion valve i will have the evaporator core out of car. Shouldn't i just flush it then. THen i take out old expansion valve and put new one in. Why flush a new part. Also am wondering do you flush it reverse from normal air flow. Seems like that would be better. Also would it be prudent to take out my AC fuse also. Can i drive around like this. Is it ok?
    Last edited by zedjr10; 05-30-2018, 12:26 AM.

Zed have you read EXT : Gummiegorillas Do it Nice or Do it Twice A/C Retrofit !!?

I've overhauled many A/C systems at this point. All due to reading this thread. He doesn't even leave any questions you might have unanswered.

You can always drive around with a non functioning A/C system. Don't pull the fuse as you want the condenser fan to kick on when the thermostat cycles.
    MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Yes you should remove the TXV and flush the evaporator out of the car. Leave your fuse in.

With the direction of the flush, it doesn’t matter as it’s just an open heat exchanger at that point. The bulb would be easy to replace now with the valve.

The bulb ensures proper valve function, as it is what actuates the diaphragm in the top of the expansion valve. They’re like $3

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
        Yes you should remove the TXV and flush the evaporator out of the car. Leave your fuse in.

With the direction of the flush, it doesn’t matter as it’s just an open heat exchanger at that point. The bulb would be easy to replace now with the valve.

The bulb ensures proper valve function, as it is what actuates the diaphragm in the top of the expansion valve. They’re like $3
        I see nothing like a bulb part in the parts diagram. Is there a more technical name?

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
          Yes i have and plan to go thru it as i do mine but i still have questions. I also can't do it same as he did his. Today my only goal is to remove evaporator core, flush it and replace expansion valve.

Comment

OK i got the biatch out. That connection on suction hose is a pain if u have abs i think(different connection than non-abs).

Comment

Working...
            X