No announcement yet.

Theoretical Build From The Ground Up - Power Plant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm strongly leaning towards a S2000 (F22C1) motor and having a small electric motor for additional power in the front. Hmmmmm.

This could work in any chassis with relative ease. Minor changes of course.
    Last edited by Straight Success; 01-15-2019, 09:27 AM.
    The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

I had to go with inline six because I still hold out hope that AlmostJDM will build the Skycord...or Accorline...or whatever it could be called one day.

Imagine a screaming RB26 in our chassis tearing down the strip...the glory...
      *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
      ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
      ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
      "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
      Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
      The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
      Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

I know he sold his RB(it was a 25), and I'm pretty sure he got rid of the chassis as well when he got a new coupe. Haven't heard from him since.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

This is my train of though. It's kind of, how we say, premature at the moment. Remember, this is just SS's idea.

Run a F22C, and there we have RWD. Place two small electric motors that can generate some additional torque at the front wheels. Now we have your FWD. Create a system that can deactivate/activate the front electric motor(s) depending on needs to allow the car operate as RWD, FWD, or AWD.
          Last edited by Straight Success; 01-15-2019, 05:50 PM.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
            I had to go with inline six because I still hold out hope that AlmostJDM will build the Skycord...or Accorline...or whatever it could be called one day.

Imagine a screaming RB26 in our chassis tearing down the strip...the glory...
            I've been in love with the S54 recently. As much as I would love a straight 6 in a CB...it is a looooong motor. I'll see if I can put my E46 valve cover on a CB hood. It is hilarious

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

I chose V6, as I think the CB could really benefit from a bit larger engine. But the package needs to stay small. I'd want to stick with the J series of engines to keep it a true Honda build. Otherwise I'd just stick with the I4 configuration.
              MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                I've been in love with the S54 recently. As much as I would love a straight 6 in a CB...it is a looooong motor. I'll see if I can put my E46 valve cover on a CB hood. It is hilarious
                The firewall would most certainly have to be cut to accommodate the transmission, but something tells me there is enough room for the rad if the head sat snug against the back.
                *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
                Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
                The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

I'm certain that any RWD or AWD application will require modification to the fire wall.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

RWD/AWD would likely require the floor to be modified as well. We’d need a tunnel for the transmission and/or driveshaft.

I’ve already voted 4 cylinder, and I don’t recall if I’ve mentioned it already, but have we considered a VR6? 6 cylinders in a package almost as small as an I4. If it fits in VW’s answer to the Civic, it should fit just fine in a CB7!

Comment

And the front subframe(s), steering linkages, control arms, etc.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

A VR6 was not put on the list, and yes, it's an option. Nothing gets ruled out in the beginning.

I'm curious how it would effect the balance/weight distribution. That's huge.
                        Last edited by Straight Success; 01-17-2019, 05:32 PM.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

One more month to get your votes in.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Since this poll has closed, and there was a tie between the two options, I'll say we can run with both. It's easy enough to make it work from an engineering standpoint. Just more time, resources, and money.That's how things get created.

We'll do an I4 with some type of electric motor setup and possibly regenerative braking.

Let the ideas roll in.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Working...
                            X