Welp, I'm done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welp, I'm done

Just a little bit left on the Accord ( after the H-series swap ), and I'm calling it quits w/ Hondas. For good. This now makes it my 3rd cb7. I'm not tired of them, just kinda bored.

I'm now moving on to my other car, it's just been sitting there deprived of attention.

If I told you what kind of car it was, you'd probably all call me a wagon jumper and all that good shit, but since I've had this car for a little over a year and a ½ now, I'm not much of a wagon jumper. Nineteen Ninety Laaah-zer RS ( T ).

Don't worry, the 'Cord is still stickin around ( gotta have a grocery getter ), once the turbo, FM, hard piping, EBC, manifold and a little bit of suspension shit is done on the RS, it'll be back to the Accord again. Only for heavy suspension mods then ( http://www.hallettracing.com <--local track that the Accord will be at ever HST Day ) and lots and lots of fun and learning.

Anyways, just figured I'd say that, so yeah.....YAY!
    H23 Powered CB7

So whats needed on the H swap?

Besides distributor?
    My CB7 is a REAL race car.

PMG Motorsports
    Synergy Advertising Racing #74 Honda Accord

Comment

Lazers can be fun. However, my girlfriend has told me (repeatedly...I never want to hear this story again... ) about how her mom's caught on fire 3 times in the span of a year and a half.

PTAC (Poor Tuner's Accord Club) - #05

2003-2006 - '91 Accord EX 2dr 5spd "Macy" R.I.P
      2006-20?? - '99 Grand Am SE 4dr Auto "NoName"

Comment

That's awesome you got a DSM. I just got a '91 TSi AWD on Friday. People down DSMs for being unreliable, but my friend has a '91 GS-T with 160K on it, and his runs awesome, and he never has any problems with it. And we can't go wrong with the CB7 chillin' at home in case anything goes wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by iamnemo
          (repeatedly...I never want to hear this story again... )
          bwhahahahahaha
          Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
          The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

DSMs have been known to have problems. Especially since they are inexpensive, fast cars. People don't buy an AWD turbo DSM (or non-AWD) to baby it and not beat on it. For that reason, many of them are now unreliable. They are prone to some problems, 2Gs are notorious for crankwalk I hear. Still, if you maintain one properly, and don't abuse it, it can be as reliable as anything else.

The first generation DSMs are the best, or so I hear. Does the RS have the 4G63 in it? I know there are some models with an NA 4G63, and some have a crappy Chrysler-made engine (the Neon engine later on, I dunno about the earlier ones). I'm not sure if the NA 4G63 is as strong as the turbo model, but I would assume that it is. If so, that engine is a beast Have fun!

It's nice to see you aren't scrapping the CB7, just setting it aside. I can respect that.

Comment

Originally posted by JDMcb7
              bwhahahahahaha
              Oh if only you knew of my pain...she forgets that she tells me shit all the time. Thus I've heard several of her stories about 5 times.

I love her to death, but damn...God just didn't bless her with memory!

Sorry to get off topic. DSM's can be very fun as long as you don't beat them to death like deever said. My roomie had/has one (it's not running but he still has it) one and he beat the shite out of it. In turn it crapped out on him at about 177,xxx. Could've lasted a while longer.

PTAC (Poor Tuner's Accord Club) - #05

2003-2006 - '91 Accord EX 2dr 5spd "Macy" R.I.P
              2006-20?? - '99 Grand Am SE 4dr Auto "NoName"

Comment

I think one of the reasons CB7s are still around and running so well is that very few people push them harder than necessary. My friend (93twodoorLX) bought his car from the wife of an old man (who passed away... RIP Cornell) That old guy took GREAT care of the car mechanically, and only put 68k on it. The interior was dirty as hell, but it runs like a dream! I guarantee old Cornell didn't race anyone in that car. Accords are most popular as family cars, old people cars, and grocery getters.

DSMs on the other hand were originally purchased by kids with a little extra money... Much like today's SRT-4 (or the crappier Neons, similar to the low end DSMs in comparison) They were most likely beat on from day 1.

Comment

its true. i bought my car from a lady who put 195k on the car, got all the routine matience done, and kept it in overall immaculate condition. the interior is worn but there is no cuts or damage to the upholstery. it is so hard to find a 5spd that hasn't been abused with 195k. this was a rare find. she bought the 5spd for fuel economy rather than the popular reason to get a 5spd, being racing. ive only had minor problems since i bought it, just routine stuff that needed to be replaced like the starter, valve cover seals, brakes... etc. it would been so much harder to find a 240sx, supra, integra or even crx that was in as good shape without that absurd "popularity" markup seen with many popular imports that are often in awful condition.
                  1991 JDM Galant VR-4

Comment

Originally posted by iamnemo
                    Oh if only you knew of my pain...she forgets that she tells me shit all the time. Thus I've heard several of her stories about 5 times.

I love her to death, but damn...God just didn't bless her with memory!

Sorry to get off topic. DSM's can be very fun as long as you don't beat them to death like deever said. My roomie had/has one (it's not running but he still has it) one and he beat the shite out of it. In turn it crapped out on him at about 177,xxx. Could've lasted a while longer.
                    damn nemo, seems like azn paranoia, HAHA.

but yea, ive seen this old woman driving a supra, stock and i bet she didnt beat on it.
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                      DSMs have been known to have problems. Especially since they are inexpensive, fast cars. People don't buy an AWD turbo DSM (or non-AWD) to baby it and not beat on it. For that reason, many of them are now unreliable. They are prone to some problems, 2Gs are notorious for crankwalk I hear. Still, if you maintain one properly, and don't abuse it, it can be as reliable as anything else.

The first generation DSMs are the best, or so I hear. Does the RS have the 4G63 in it? I know there are some models with an NA 4G63, and some have a crappy Chrysler-made engine (the Neon engine later on, I dunno about the earlier ones). I'm not sure if the NA 4G63 is as strong as the turbo model, but I would assume that it is. If so, that engine is a beast Have fun!

It's nice to see you aren't scrapping the CB7, just setting it aside. I can respect that.
                      The 93+ model years and up are notorious for crankwalk, but after 95 it significantly diminished.

The first generation DSM's are the same engine as the second gens. The only difference is the turbo. The 1g autos have a 13g, the 1g standards are a 14b, and the 2g slush and standard are a Garrett T-25 turbo. The RS and GS models have the Chrysler 420A motor in it. The 420A isn't a crappy motor, just not the best compression for a turbo... and its not weak either. It also doens't have the prone-ness to have excessive shaft bearing play. (crankwalk) There are no 4g63 Eclipses that are non-turbo, but some other cars that were produced under the DSM corp, were. The NA 4g63 is the exact same (other than a few oil lines and squirters) engine as the turbo engine.

Because he bought a 90 RS, he may have the 1.8 NA. Theres a possibility!

Now you know!
                      Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

straight from a DSM owner's boyfriend! I'm glad to see I'm not that clueless when it comes to that stuff... I really have no experience with em.

Still, from what I've read, the 1st gen motors seem to be the most reliable. Strange, seeing as they're the same as the 2nd gen... Something must be different, even if it's a small change (F22A1/F22A6 anyone? that kinda thing maybe).

Either way, it should prove to be a fun car!

Comment

Did anyone here see that police chase video with the stolen black 1st gen DSM? He had the cops in check until the car broke down lol.

Comment

The 1G Eclipse, Talon, and Laser did come with the N/A 4G63. All the non-turbo models except the base model had the N/A 4G63, such as the Talon DL, which had the 1.8L The difference in the motors from '93 up is the 7-bolt motor. The '90-'92s had the 6-bolt motor.

Comment

Compression in the turbo and non-turbo motors are different.

Well, the 90 RS is gone. It's okay, it's now backed up w/ a 90 GS-T. W/ this one I get to start from scratch, there will not be a part in that motor bay that I have not/will not have touched. Back to compression, the popular thing to do these days ( well, at least out here in the sticks ) is to take the non-turbo motor ( 9.2:1 compared to the 7.8:1 ) and swap over all of the turbo accessories.

Landon, the things I need are, dizzy, H-series power steering pump ( I'm just gonna strong arm it for awhile ), and to get up off my lazy ass and do it. I'm going to give you a call either Thursday or Friday, and you'll get the rest of your money then, homie.
                              H23 Powered CB7

Comment

Working...
                              X