No announcement yet.

Crazy Bad Mileage, CB7 consuming fuel like crazy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DANGER !!!!!!!!: Guys I am one of those unlucky people in life and I could really use the support as quick as possible !! I'm F***KED ...well nothing wrong with the rocker arm assembly yet !! ... the problem is that I lost a 10 mm socket in the engine bay when I was torquing the bolts so I started searching for it to continue my work, suddenly my hand hit the below and the cap came off quickly, after an hour or so, I managed to locate the cap but I don't know if it is missing something I fitted the cap by mating the holes both on the base and the cap ... what is it used for ?!!? it has 2 vacuum hose disconnected !! .... where do they fit ??!!!! HELP !!

I also noticed while searching the following with a disconnected vacuum hose attached to it and laying on the beam ==> what is it ?! and what is it used for, where does it fit, is it important !!! .... I am stopping all work on the rocker arm assembly and I am waiting for your feedback

its back side:
    Last edited by EsperHamid; 08-25-2012, 02:00 AM.

Comment

update: I broke a bolt one of the long 12mm in the center of the assembly cage it seems that my clicker N.m torque wrench wasn't quite accurate I'm in trouble !! can i continue without it will it be a problem ?! I will do them by the normal wrench until I feel them tight.

Comment

why is my thread in the technical and not the beginner forum !? weird

Comment

Originally posted by EsperHamid View Post
          update: I broke a bolt one of the long 12mm in the center of the assembly cage it seems that my clicker N.m torque wrench wasn't quite accurate I'm in trouble !! can i continue without it will it be a problem ?! I will do them by the normal wrench until I feel them tight.
          No, you can not continue, those 12mm are important. you need to remove and replace that bolt. what you broke in the previous pic was the vacuum control for your auto rear mount, easy to replace. you can when get away without it for a short time.
          Originally posted by Mishakol129
          Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
            No, you can not continue, those 12mm are important. you need to remove and replace that bolt. what you broke in the previous pic was the vacuum control for your auto rear mount, easy to replace. you can when get away without it for a short time.
            Dear Dj_Ender ,

as I said, I found the cap and reinstalled it as shown in the second picture, I am just asking if there's something missing from it, also it has two vacuum tubes that are disconnected as shown in the picture above, where should I connect them to ?!

as for the 12mm bolt, I'll search for one.
            Last edited by EsperHamid; 08-27-2012, 12:33 AM.

Comment

Dear Dj_Ender ,

as I said, I found the cap and reinstalled it as show in the second picture, I am just asking if there's something missing from it also it has to vacuum tubes that are disconnected as show in the picture above, where should I put these ?!

as for the 12mm bolt, I'll search for one.
              If that hose comes from that valve, it goes to the rear mount.

Comment

If that hose comes from that valve, it goes to the rear mount.
                can you show me ?! put a diagram or something, the throttle body has two pipes close to the second FITV valve, you know the small nonadjustable one, but one of these pipes are closed by a small rubber plug the other one is left open and when I put my finger on it, it sucks it inside

Comment

can you show me ?! put a diagram or something, the throttle body has two pipes close to the second FITV valve, you know the small nonadjustable one, but one of these pipes are closed by a small rubber plug the other one is left open and when I put my finger on it, it sucks it inside
                  First off is your car an automatic? If so, the house should be plugged into the open vacuum nipple on the intake manifold, and the house that was laying on the cross beam goes to the under side of the vacuum valve, the one that broke.

Comment

First off is your car an automatic? If so, the house should be plugged into the open vacuum nipple on the intake manifold, and the house that was laying on the cross beam goes to the under side of the vacuum valve, the one that broke.
                    yes my car is an automatic, found this:

so the rubber plug on the lower pipe in the intake manifold shouldn't be removed right ?! I should connect the open vacuum nipple to the lower vaccum tube on the valve and the upper vacuum tube should be connected to the actuator laying on the cross beam .... which has been cut in half, for an unknown reason, half of the tube is still on the valve and the other on the actuator .....is there a device in between or the tube has been slit ?!

what is the benefit of reconnecting them ?!

Comment

yes my car is an automatic, found this:
                      so the rubber plug on the lower pipe in the intake manifold shouldn't be removed right ?! I should connect the open vacuum nipple to the lower vaccum tube on the valve and the upper vacuum tube should be connected to the actuator laying on the cross beam .... which has been cut in half, for an unknown reason, half of the tube is still on the valve and the other on the actuator .....is there a device in between or the tube has been slit ?!

what is the benefit of reconnecting them ?!
                      Yes according (lol, I made a funny) to the diagram, you have it right. The benefit to hooking it up is that when you put the car in gear/shift, the rear mount gets stiffer and doesn't jolt the car. Right now does your car jerk and make an audible knock when you put the car into reverse/drive? My guess would be yes.

No there's nothing missing in that vacuum line, it was cut.
                      Last edited by dj_ender; 08-27-2012, 02:19 AM.

Comment

Yes according (lol, I made a funny) to the diagram, you have it right. The benefit to hooking it up is that when you put the car in gear/shift, the rear mount gets stiffer and doesn't jolt the car. Right now does your car jerk and make an audible knock when you put the car into reverse/park? My guess would be yes.

No there's nothing missing in that vacuum line, it was cut.
                        lol yeah "according". Your guess is right too, it made those, but right now is lifted on the stands ... and maybe just maybe mine was funnier than your " funny" because I am thinking maybe the knocking problem was from the vacuum lines in the first place and now I am with an open engine cover and a broken 12mm cam cage bolt and 4 hours of valve adjustment ( doing it for the first time ) ....... LOOOOOOL .... I look stupid don't I
                        Last edited by EsperHamid; 08-27-2012, 04:47 AM.

Comment

what about what I highlighted in GREEN in the first page of the thread, should I spray carb cleaner inside the two holes on the intake manifold ?! the ones that mate the IACV ? because from the pic before they look dirty .....will that cause any smoke to come from the engine bay ?!

Comment

what about what I highlighted in GREEN in the first page of the thread, should I spray carb cleaner inside the two holes on the intake manifold ?! the ones that mate the IACV ? because from the pic before they look dirty .....will that cause any smoke to come from the engine bay ?!
                            Yeah you can clean those holes, and no, it shouldn't smoke just from cleaning them out.

Comment

Yeah you can clean those holes, and no, it shouldn't smoke just from cleaning them out.
                              Ok Great, mind you I am using carb cleaner . Now I have the below picture, what is is this sensor next to the TW and shouldn't be more inside the engine since a portion of the threads are still outside ?!

Comment

Ok Great, mind you I am using carb cleaner . Now I have the below picture, what is is this sensor next to the TW and shouldn't be more inside the engine since a portion of the threads are still outside ?!
                                What you have marked as TW is the ECT, Engine Coolant Temperature sensor. And next to it is the Engine Coolant Temperature sending unit. The ECT sends the temp info to the ECU, the sending unit sends info to the temp gauge in the instrument cluster. No, it's fine where it is, mine sticks out just as far.

Comment

Working...
                                X