Setting tps senor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting tps senor

Alright I need to check and set my tp sensor, Ive read the DIY thread and cant figure out how people got .45v at igniton II and 4.5ish at WOT(engine off). Am I supposed to unplug the driver side plug that has the red w/blk wire and stick the red probe in the pin or keep it plugged in and somehow get a connection? Ive messed around with the voltmeter and couldnt get anywhere near .45v
    Last edited by cb7-tcakes; 06-14-2011, 12:58 AM.

You need to check with the plug still connected to the tps, and the key needs to always be at II to get a reading. I made a connector out of an extra TPS plug from the junkyard. Stripped the wires and shoved it into the engine harness, and plug the other side to the tps. Then I can just probe the wires at the junkyard connector rather than poking holes in the shielding or shoving the end of the multimeter into the back side of the engine harness/connector.

One wire will be the same voltage at all times wit the key in II (I can't remember but I think it was 5V), one is ground, and the other is the wire that goes to the ecu which is the one that gives you the reading you need.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Take reading on red/blk stripe wire and other probe on body ground or green wire.
        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

It helps to have long smaller probes on your multi/voltmeter so you don't have to push as much of the rubber wire seals out of the way.

Before I got a good multimeter I used to slip small sewing needles/pins into the backs of the connectors and then take the readings from them. If you do this method make sure there is 0 resistance through the needles first. This will ensure that the needles will not skew your voltage readings.
          MR Thread
          GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

ok now I get it, the DIY was a little tough to understand as far as keeping everything plugged in and then either doing what ghost accord did or YK86 to measure the reading. Thanks for clarifying guys.

Comment

fluke wire taps works wonders.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

what i did was using small paper clips and alligator clips

Comment

Working...
                X