Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I part it out?

Hey,

My 93 EX coupe been sitting for last 7 months now.

I was going to swap out the engine due to engine seize. I'm having second guess.

Body: Is good no/very tiny rust spot. Clear coat is coming off on the hood
    Tran: Good Auto no problem
    Engine: Dead Seize
    Driving: Doesn't drive 100% straight. But still drive able Got into accident and bent cross member. Replaced that and the came never drive the same after alignment.

New Parts:

Neuspeed Bar - Replica. same quality and item just without the big name
    Form and Funtion Coilover Type 1
    H23 IM
    New Yokohama tire. It been sitting for 7 months now Hopefully it will round back up after the drive
    Head Rebuilt, New Valves and seals
    New Suspension Parts (tie rod, hub, wheel bearing and etc)

should I try to sell the car as is or parting it out or swap the engine or drag to a shop to get it fix?

It's your call, but a replacement F series can basically be had for little of nothing. I would however investigate the chassis more could be a bent control arm or a warped subframe either way i'd look into that before making a final decision.

02 Crv
    02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
    92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
    Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

I've seen F22 engines sell on Craigslist all day long for about 200 bucks that were freshly taken out for H22s. I would just put one of those in. Can't be more than 300 with all the fluids and stuff. Hell a new Gates timing belt at Oreilly is 28 bucks

member's ride thread
      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
      91 Accord SE 176k
      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

how do i know if the engine is good without starting it or taking it apart?

Local Junk yard got it for $400. I'm afraid if i bought it and it doesn't work i would be out $400

Comment

Originally posted by XcluziveAZN View Post

Local Junk yard got it for $400. I'm afraid if i bought it and it doesn't work i would be out $400
          best you can do is take a compressor, leak down tester, and an extension cord to the jy, and do a leak down test.
          Originally posted by Mishakol129
          Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Originally posted by XcluziveAZN View Post

which j/y ?? is it still in the car or out?

i got mine at Hilltop Auto in the Bronx and its good still

they offer a 30 day full warranty on the engine
            http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

If the trans and engine are still together in or out of the car it doesn't matter, all's you need to do is jump the starter to get compression numbers. Also pull the oil pan yes they're drained, but they don't likely clean the pan so look for metal shaves of all shapes and sizes.

If compression numbers don't vary more than 10-15% per cylinder and have decent numbers 150psi+ then it's got decent compression, but if it's below 130psi and between each cylinder theres a good % of psi difference (Example you have a 160psi on cyl #1 and say a 140psi on the next) find another one.

02 Crv
              02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
              92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
              Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Working...
              X