No announcement yet.

Always Getting Shocked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have one of those grounding straps on my car. people thought i was crazy when i explained what its for. not everyone has to understand it
    <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Originally posted by nowzor View Post
      every time my girlfriend gets shocked when she gets out of my car but I dont...
      Originally posted by dhill_cb7 View Post
      No comment but i lol'd.
      Lol, yeah no shit. The only time she gets shocked is when she gets out of the car? Gettin freaky!

Comment

It bugs you that much, go buy a static shock preventer, then attatch to your wrist and connect with a ground wire to any good ground, and wear it while you drive - people working on computers use them to prevent frying out microchips while handling them. They can be bought at Staples or Radio Shack.

You could even go so far as to wire it to a cigarette lighter plugin (the ground side), then just plug in before you go for a drive. The static build up will dissipate through the wire as you drive, and you wont get a shock when you exit the vehicle

BTW despite some other posts, you WONT feel a 12v shock. There is not nearly enough voltage to pass any noticeable amount of current through your body, even if something wasnt working properly. Dont believe me? Lick each finger and stick them on each battery post, you'll be fine, Ive done it before and im still alive

The average static shock is in the thousands of volts. Very little amperage however, which is why its not lethal.
        Last edited by ON_N20; 12-16-2012, 07:34 PM.
        ON_N20
        Nitrous = Been there. Turbo = Now. Nitrous + Turbo?... LOADING

Comment

Just grab the "A" pillar and touch your foot to the ground as you egress. Boom, no shock.
          Originally posted by deevergote
          These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Just FYI, problem has been fixed for a few weeks since I fixed the fog harness ground wire.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Scolirk View Post
              Just FYI, problem has been fixed for a few weeks since I fixed the fog harness ground wire.

Thanks!
              Hahahaha, thats awesome

I was the only one that thought something other than static was causing the issue.

Lol
              Originally posted by wed3k
              im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Working...
              X