Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E-Brake Light On

Hey all,

I've been trying to sell my CB7 for several months now without success. I couldn't take seeing it parked on the road any longer so I gave it to my father to drive for a bit until I found a buyer. He took it in for service this past week and noticed the E-Brake light is now ON, yet the e-brake is not engaged. Searching resulted with little information. Any thoughts? It's a Canadian LX, so no ABS. Vehicle was inspected for road safety, brakes weren't an issue.

Check your e-brake switch. It's located under the center console. Make sure it's clean and that it moves freely.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Also check brake fluid level, may not be enough resulting in the "e brake" warning light
      sold! But here's my build thread for those interested.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=206864

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
        Check your e-brake switch. It's located under the center console. Make sure it's clean and that it moves freely.
        Would you happen to have a photo of where this is located, and what I looks like? I'll have to send the info to my father to look at. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by lbus9168 View Post
          Also check brake fluid level, may not be enough resulting in the "e brake" warning light
          Check this first. Much easier to do. Just pop the hood and take a look at and in your brake fluid reservoir. You'll notice the cap has wires coming out of it, those are for the fluid level sensor. If it gets to the LOW mark or beneath it, it triggers the brake warning light in the dash. If not that, then move on to the parking brake switch as advised.
          1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

Working...
          X