Differences in Denso vs Hadsys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Differences in Denso vs Hadsys

Is the compressor, discharge and suction lines the only differences or are their others? I have a Hadsys.

Mounting bracket.
    ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

Ok. So therefore, to convert to a Nippondenso compressor, all that is necessary is the following Denso parts: Compressor, suction line, discharge line and mounting bracket. Correct?

Comment

Guess I will try it and find out. Thanks cb7calling, I was unaware the bracket was different as well.

Comment

Just buy a Hadsys. I've got a 93EX which came with one and I found one for 175 shipped online. Look for an RC-17S, that's the compressor P/N.

I found them for even cheaper now vs. back in May 2013 when my high pressure relief valve failed. I would reuse your OEM clutch though. The one that came in the kit literally had the magnetic clutch melt and fuse together due to crappy quality, could've been due to the 115 degree temps we were having in AZ though. The compressor itself is good quality though, just the clutch was made in china crap. I actually went to a JY and found one from a 93EX with a Hadsys since my OE one died soon after the compressor failed as well.

http://www.acpartshouse.com/inventor...-ac-compressor

Here's some helpful tips from other members when I had difficulties.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199317
          Last edited by Losiracer2; 06-14-2015, 03:46 AM.

member's ride thread
          93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
          99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
          91 Accord SE 176k
          97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
            Just buy a Hadsys. I've got a 93EX which came with one and I found one for 175 shipped online. Look for an RC-17S, that's the compressor P/N.

I found them for even cheaper now vs. back in May 2013 when my high pressure relief valve failed. I would reuse your OEM clutch though. The one that came in the kit literally had the magnetic clutch melt and fuse together due to crappy quality, could've been due to the 115 degree temps we were having in AZ though. The compressor itself is good quality though, just the clutch was made in china crap. I actually went to a JY and found one from a 93EX with a Hadsys since my OE one died soon after the compressor failed as well.

I was unaware one could use such a compressor. I was under the impression a reliable Hadsys compressor would run at least just shy of $400 as that's what the only RC-17S compressor is going for on Rock Auto. I also checked Autozone and they too wanted several hundred. I cannot thank you enough for this Losiracer2.

Thanks for the link. I would say that's the best thread I've seen thus far regarding the Hadsys compressor.

Comment

Now im not even sure about the bracket. I am swapping a 93 motor into my 91 for the second time and have moved my bracket over for the second time but I could have just had it upside down or sidways when comparing the compressor mounting holes both times.
              ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

I'm about to order everything. Is the compressor you provided me with a link to the exact one you purchased?

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
                  I'm about to order everything. Is the compressor you provided me with a link to the exact one you purchased?

yes, i believe they were the guys that remanufactured and the ones I bought mine from. I remember it was a place in Texas. The clutch I originally got with it may have been defective, but they are a stand up company and sent me another a week later after i complained to them that it was no good.

Although I'd still use your OEM Honda one if its still working well. Just remember to install the shims the same way they were on your old compressor so there isn't any friction between the clutch magnet and pulley.
                  Last edited by Losiracer2; 06-26-2015, 02:20 AM.

member's ride thread
                  91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

yes, i believe they were the guys that remanufactured and the ones I bought mine from. I remember it was a place in Texas. The clutch I originally got with it may have been defective, but they are a stand up company and sent me another a week later after i complained to them that it was no good.

Although I'd still use your OEM Honda one if its still working well. Just remember to install the shims the same way they were on your old compressor so there isn't any friction between the clutch magnet and pulley.
                    I figured it was but I had to ask to be sure. Because if you have had good results with your compressor I'd like to get one from the same company as you did.

It worked great when I tested it I suppose. Just leaked really bad.
                    Last edited by H311RA151N; 06-26-2015, 09:20 AM.

Comment

The Hadsys bracket is different from the Denso. I wish that wasn't the case because the Denso has an aluminum bracket on the F23A1/4. Anyway, the RC17S is the compressor that's specific to the 1993 Accord EX and SE. The RC17D is a very similar compressor that was available on the 1994-1995 Accord EX and is somewhat compatible. You need to change the end plate with the RC17S unit to get the correct discharge fitting and tolerate the clutch having an extra rib. I've seen a reman RC17S with an extra rib anyway, so you may be doing that one regardless.

Just another option as those were a little more abundant and prices may reflect that.
                      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                        The Hadsys bracket is different from the Denso. I wish that wasn't the case because the Denso has an aluminum bracket on the F23A1/4. Anyway, the RC17S is the compressor that's specific to the 1993 Accord EX and SE. The RC17D is a very similar compressor that was available on the 1994-1995 Accord EX and is somewhat compatible. You need to change the end plate with the RC17S unit to get the correct discharge fitting and tolerate the clutch having an extra rib. I've seen a reman RC17S with an extra rib anyway, so you may be doing that one regardless.

Just another option as those were a little more abundant and prices may reflect that.
                        Thank you for the information! Having a broad range of options is always quite helpful and a stress reliever.

Comment

Just bumping this as another clutch has failed on me.

I tried installing an RC17D Clutch assembly I found onto my RC17S reman. unit and it won't work. The splines on the 17S are smaller than the 17D and as a result, the outer clutch plate of the 17D just slips on the shaft of the 17S. Also, the 17D uses a 10mm set screw for the outer plate and my 17S uses a 4mm Allen screw to secure it.

My coil keeps frying behind the pulley, I don't know why. It could be because the ones I find in the yard are already 23+ years old or aftermarket and inferior. But I'm not ready to pony up $115 for a new "Four Seasons 43897" clutch assembly.

Off to the JY I go....again argh

member's ride thread
                          91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Working...
                          X