No announcement yet.

Scolirk : 1990 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey man nice lx, what gen crv where those caps from?

Comment

Very nice canvas man looks great!
      1993 10th Anniversary MRT

Originally posted by The G-Man
      For that money, yes. But my dick isn't big enough for that shit.

List of all my cars to date

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
        Can you get me a photo of your climate controls? There is a blank where an AC button could go on the LX cars. I'd like to see the actual AC button on yours.

Good chance it was a dealer installed thing. Cruise was an option for the LX, ad I had a 1991 LX sedan in Laurel Blue with cruise, and all of my Accord's, EX/EX-R/SE have had AC, except for my LX's.
        I'll definitely snap some interior shots today! I just came back from the wrecker and a cruise, but I'll probably be back in the car in a bit for a Timmies run. The A/C button looks factory.

Originally posted by dhill_cb7 View Post
        Hey man nice lx, what gen crv where those caps from?

I was lucky to find them at a wrecker! I see them on the 1997 - 1999 LX models of CRVs. 7cm in diameter if you find them. I only have 3 so one of my rims is naked. I've tried calling people who are selling their CRVs to see if they'll sell me the caps.

Comment

Also, fogs work now! Thanks to a fellow member who posted the installation manual, I was able to get everything working! Here's a quick photo I took when I tried it out, notice the burnt out headlamp. I took a ride to a local wrecker right after and got a bulb for $10. Can't complain. I'll take a few more photos this evening with the car's lights on when it gets darker.

Comment

Looks great!

Did you wire them like the manual said or did you try the independent fog mod?

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

A few weeks ago I had in my possession a set of steel wheels with those centre caps you're looking for. Unfortunately I already got rid of them. I'd have sent you the whole set.

Comment

Originally posted by Function>Form View Post
                Looks great!

Did you wire them like the manual said or did you try the independent fog mod?
                Ended up going with the manual, except I had to zip tie the fog light relays under the steering wheel to existing wiring. I couldn't find a free place to screw them in unfortunately.

Comment

A few weeks ago I had in my possession a set of steel wheels with those centre caps you're looking for. Unfortunately I already got rid of them. I'd have sent you the whole set.
                  Oh nice! If you happen across them again please let me know I'm sure I'll find a set here, I think I can get one off eBay for $10. I've got the photos of my AC button, I'll see if I can upload them from my phone and post from here.

Comment

Clean cb! like the progress already..

1992 Accord EX Coupe >http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...00#post3060200
                    Originally posted by keepinitclean
                    I give it 2 weeks before you sell it.

Comment

Okay man, i am in the process of ordering the fog wiring(from a member), i have a set of fogs with pigs and a switch but i think i am going to wire it up the oem way.
                      Also how did you get lucky enough to find a crv. I go to the yards every weekend and there is never a crv.
                      My gmom has a 2nd gen that i want so bad because it is brown like my cb and is amazing in the snow.
                      What i am getting at is she is missing one center cap, will the 1st gens fit with then 2nd gens?

Comment

They should, but see if you can measure them first. Mine are 7cm, which I think is like 3 3/4" in diameter? Basically if the cap is relatively flat, ie it's a low profile it fits on the accords. The smaller, taller ones are for civics. I believe the centre caps from the CR-V hasn't changed, so they should fit on your car.

I was lucky with mine, the wrecker I went to had a large drop off for rims, and I was lucky enough to find 3 rims stacked up with the caps. When I went back this past week, I discovered that they really just remove the tires from the rim and discard all the caps. I found at least a dozen caps for the civic, but none for the accord

Worse comes to worse, apparently Honda can order them. My dealer said it would cost about $80 PER CAP! I wouldn't recommend that, try and find one from a first gen crv.

Comment

Originally posted by Scolirk View Post
                          $80 PER CAP! I wouldn't recommend that, try and find one from a first gen crv.
                          Are you shitting me? Wow that is pure profit.

Comment

Originally posted by dhill_cb7 View Post
                            Are you shitting me? Wow that is pure profit.
                            No kidding, it's highway robbery. I paid $3 per cap at the wrecker. I'm going to continue to call people on auto trader and ask if I can just buy their caps from their CR-Vs. I'm sure someone around here won't mind selling theirs for a few bucks.

Comment

Can you get me a photo of your climate controls? There is a blank where an AC button could go on the LX cars. I'd like to see the actual AC button on yours.

Good chance it was a dealer installed thing. Cruise was an option for the LX, ad I had a 1991 LX sedan in Laurel Blue with cruise, and all of my Accord's, EX/EX-R/SE have had AC, except for my LX's.
                              So I wasn't successful uploading my photos from my iPhone last night, had to wait till this morning. Here's a pic I snapped of the climate console, not the best photo but I hope it helps!

Also I took a nice photo of the fogs in the parking lot of Boston Pizza. I must say I'm pretty impressed I was able to actually do this on my own with my limited knowledge of vehicles. Can't wait for the GTA cruise this coming weekend! Hoping it's nice weather so I can get some nice photos.

Comment

First time I've ever seen LX climate controls with AC. I guess they must have made it an option, otherwise they wouldn't have put the switch blank in it.

Comment

Working...
                                X