No announcement yet.

Rilas : 1993 Accord SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So actually some good news is in the works. They found Lola!!! She is not totally stripped and she isn't totaled either. Well by insurance terms she is totaled.

The following is the damage:
    -2 Dents on roof, where the dumb fucks pried the door open, both lead to the edge of the sunroof.
    -Sanded entire body roughly and spray painted in the shittiest job I've ever seen, flat black, right after I got my baby totally color matched. It was just painted in the last few days as the paint still smelled like fresh paint from about a foot away.
    -Switched 2 outer tail lights and almost removed the centers, stupid assholes had a damn sedan!!! At least they reinstalled their totally cracked and leaking water outside tail lights.
    -Removed all chrome trim on rear window to put on their sedan, which it doesn't fit... Stupid fucks again.
    -Curb damage on both rear rims, honestly wheels and tires are still on the car, which I can't even fathom...
    -Removed only the center tray for the wagon storage compartment. At least I have a spare cover in my other garage.
    -Optima battery is gone.
    -Possibly broke the black plastic trim on the inside of the trunk to remove tail lights.
    -The stereo wasn't touched along with any of the interior, other then they used the door side pocket as their ash tray, lazy asses...
    -Removed all emblems off the car, gold grille was left.
    -Ignition is destroyed, screw driver is the new key!
    -Steering column cover is possibly dead, unsure it was on the passenger seat but I didn't pick it up and check it out. I didn't want to keep the poor impound guy any longer than I had to.

Everything performance wise or anything was left on the car, I mean everything... I think they just started working on stripping it but someone called it in or something. I don't really have any details the police left me a voice mail of who I needed to call. So I just started making calls and went and saw her last night before the impound yard 1+ hour away closed. So I'm waiting for sometime in the middle of the week to talk to the adjuster. But the lady on the phone told me the car is considered totaled for now.

It does have full coverage so we need to sit down and have a conversation with the adjuster. I've gathered all of my receipts (almost still tracking down the very last stragglers) and to say the least this '93 Accord is worth a small fortune. So this may change what they do with the car, they may just decide to fix it, if not, I should be able to get it repainted and all the body work done, and still have enough left for something fun. So who knows in the long run I may actually come out ahead of where I was before it was stolen.

Anyway more updates to come as I find out more. I would have updated a bit sooner but we didn't get back home till late, and I was tired. Then we cut firewood for my grandma all day. I'm still dead tired but I need to do something to relax for awhile after a very long day.
    Last edited by Rilas; 09-11-2016, 12:06 AM.
    MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

I honestly believe the Lord above took care of her, and delayed whoever had it in their intentions. I can't even really explain to you guys how happy I am to have her back. I finally told my little guy the other night she was gone, because some bad man took her from us. Well I got to tell him last night she is coming home soon. And we would get to work on her together again.

Comment

Thank goodness Lola was found! These thieves sound like how cp mike found his car. Painted flat black, interior was shit, back windshield shattered, ignition all messed up.

Lola will be resurrected!

Comment

So glad she was found! I would be inconsolable if something like that happened to mine. Hope you can get her back to how she was, if not better and stronger!

Originally posted by excalibur02 View Post
          Thank goodness Lola was found! These thieves sound like how cp mike found his car. Painted flat black, interior was shit, back windshield shattered, ignition all messed up.

Comment

Car was definitely stolen by a ricer

Comment

Alright!!!! Happy endings are always good. Luckily the mentioned things sound more like an inconvenience than anything else.

So security install next?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                Alright!!!! Happy endings are always good. Luckily the mentioned things sound more like an inconvenience than anything else.

especially a killswitch

Comment

I really enjoyed following this build, so I was pretty sad for you to see it be taken. Honestly, though, I never let it sink in. I just knew this one would be returned. There are just too few people up there and even fewer people who are into cars. I just knew it was a matter of time.

I'm super excited for you, and wish that those who were in similar situations recently could have been as lucky. In the next few months, as you begin to fix things, you're going to get pretty frustrated with the condition. Just don't lose the perspective you have now, where you're lucky to have the car in one piece.

And the question everyone really wants to know, but they're too caught up in being excited for you...

Did the thieves receive their comeuppance?
                  My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Glad it's back!

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
                      So actually some good news is in the works. They found Lola!!! She is not totally stripped and she isn't totaled either. Well by insurance terms she is totaled.

The following is the damage:
                      -2 Dents on roof, where the dumb fucks pried the door open, both lead to the edge of the sunroof.
                      -Sanded entire body roughly and spray painted in the shittiest job I've ever seen, flat black, right after I got my baby totally color matched. It was just painted in the last few days as the paint still smelled like fresh paint from about a foot away.
                      -Switched 2 outer tail lights and almost removed the centers, stupid assholes had a damn sedan!!! At least they reinstalled their totally cracked and leaking water outside tail lights.
                      -Removed all chrome trim on rear window to put on their sedan, which it doesn't fit... Stupid fucks again.
                      -Curb damage on both rear rims, honestly wheels and tires are still on the car, which I can't even fathom...
                      -Removed only the center tray for the wagon storage compartment. At least I have a spare cover in my other garage.
                      -Optima battery is gone.
                      -Possibly broke the black plastic trim on the inside of the trunk to remove tail lights.
                      -The stereo wasn't touched along with any of the interior, other then they used the door side pocket as their ash tray, lazy asses...
                      -Removed all emblems off the car, gold grille was left.
                      -Ignition is destroyed, screw driver is the new key!
                      -Steering column cover is possibly dead, unsure it was on the passenger seat but I didn't pick it up and check it out. I didn't want to keep the poor impound guy any longer than I had to.

Everything performance wise or anything was left on the car, I mean everything... I think they just started working on stripping it but someone called it in or something. I don't really have any details the police left me a voice mail of who I needed to call. So I just started making calls and went and saw her last night before the impound yard 1+ hour away closed. So I'm waiting for sometime in the middle of the week to talk to the adjuster. But the lady on the phone told me the car is considered totaled for now.

It does have full coverage so we need to sit down and have a conversation with the adjuster. I've gathered all of my receipts (almost still tracking down the very last stragglers) and to say the least this '93 Accord is worth a small fortune. So this may change what they do with the car, they may just decide to fix it, if not, I should be able to get it repainted and all the body work done, and still have enough left for something fun. So who knows in the long run I may actually come out ahead of where I was before it was stolen.

Anyway more updates to come as I find out more. I would have updated a bit sooner but we didn't get back home till late, and I was tired. Then we cut firewood for my grandma all day. I'm still dead tired but I need to do something to relax for awhile after a very long day.
                      its a good thing they left the engine alone.... probably a bunch of novice car thieves. hope the door panels aint damaged... lol why do they always steal the battery???

ShiroiKinCB

Comment

I am so happy for you will! This is awesome news! I would also like to know if the asshats were caught or not. Glad for a happy update.
                        ~Nick~
                        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                        MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Lol, I just finished all 21 pages. It was like a good book with twists and turns and even a dramatic midpoint. Glad you'll be able to finish it. I can't beleive it was stolen! I thought damn 2 hours wasted because I won't see that beautiful H22 installed! Anyways, subscribed. Great work!!

Comment

I'm so glad you got your CB back. I know how it feels to have something taken, as my CB was stolen but luckily returned later that day after the cops found it a block away.

I'm excited to read the updates for when you install the H22, it should be amazing.

member's ride thread
                            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                            91 Accord SE 176k
                            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Dude!

Wow, I am super happy for you and your family that she was found without much alteration. I hope those punks are discovered, arrested, and charged to the full extent of the law.

I have to say that I sided with Jarrett on this one. I really believed that this one would be found.
                              *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                              ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                              ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                              "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
                              Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
                              The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                              Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Originally posted by excalibur02 View Post

Lola will be resurrected. Hopefully by the end of winter. At this point I think I'm just going to call it done, as far as driving it for the rest of the season before the snow flies anyway. Time to just work on more of the projects that are currently lined up for her.

Originally posted by SEgirl View Post
                                So glad she was found! I would be inconsolable if something like that happened to mine. Hope you can get her back to how she was, if not better and stronger!
                                I was pretty devastated for the first week. It was starting to get better during the 2nd week. But still an awful feeling. I feel like she and I were both totally violated. At least all the damage can be undone fairly easily.

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
                                Car was definitely stolen by a ricer
                                Sadly it wasn't ricers. It was some worthless Native Americans. Sorry if I offened anyone with that comment. We have a real problem around here, with drugs and Native Americans. It was found up in the small small town of Charlo, MT on the indian reservation.

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post

Security install is next on the list after the initial cleanup. Looking to get the OEM alarm back in and fully functioning. I was having some problems with it and just haven't gotten a chance to sort them all out. Also I'm going to install a kill switch, most likely along the lines of what daovangphotos has suggested. Also I think I'm going to put in a electronic fuel cut off switch. So even if they do manage to actually start the car it will run out of fuel in a block or two. Then also I'm hoping I can find a self contained GPS tracking unit that is independant of the car's power. So if it does get stolen I'm just going to call the cops and tell them to go pick it up for me.

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
                                especially a killswitch
                                Already in the works!

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                                I really enjoyed following this build, so I was pretty sad for you to see it be taken. Honestly, though, I never let it sink in. I just knew this one would be returned. There are just too few people up there and even fewer people who are into cars. I just knew it was a matter of time.

I'm super excited for you, and wish that those who were in similar situations recently could have been as lucky. In the next few months, as you begin to fix things, you're going to get pretty frustrated with the condition. Just don't lose the perspective you have now, where you're lucky to have the car in one piece.

And the question everyone really wants to know, but they're too caught up in being excited for you...

Did the thieves receive their comeuppance?
                                Thanks for the support Jarrett. I was sure it would be found eventually as well. My biggest worry was the condition I would find it in though. I still can not even fathom the only things done/stolen were cosmetic only. I mean seriously the wheels/tires are still there the AEM v2 intake still there. Literally 20 seconds to remove the $250 intake... Whatever I'm glad that either they didn't know what they truely had or they just didn't have enough time to follow through with their intentions. I still need to get ahold of the police, as I have some more information for them. Just with cutting firewood all weekend then a crazy Monday at work and at home, I just literally haven't had a quiet moment to call them. So I will have some more information on weather or not they were caught yet.

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
                                Glad it's back!
                                Thanks F22Chris!!

Originally posted by ShiroiKinCB View Post
                                its a good thing they left the engine alone.... probably a bunch of novice car thieves. hope the door panels aint damaged... lol why do they always steal the battery???
                                Like I mentioned before I'm still in a bit of shock that everything mechanical/performance wise was still there. The door panels looked to be in good shape still other than the drivers door pocket was used as an ash tray. I didn't really check to see if this caused any damage to either the pocket or the door panel itself. I'll really dig through it once it's in my possesion again. I only had so much time to go through it before the impound yard closed for the night. Who know's apperantely thieves always need a car battery.

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                                I am so happy for you will! This is awesome news! I would also like to know if the asshats were caught or not. Glad for a happy update.
                                Thanks a ton Nick, I'm so glad to have her back as well, and not stripped.

Originally posted by niemo435 View Post
                                Lol, I just finished all 21 pages. It was like a good book with twists and turns and even a dramatic midpoint. Glad you'll be able to finish it. I can't beleive it was stolen! I thought damn 2 hours wasted because I won't see that beautiful H22 installed! Anyways, subscribed. Great work!!
                                Thanks a ton niemo, it's been a long road so far. While I've only worked on this chasis for 2 years, I've been collecting parts for almost 5 years for this build now. I'm still maybe only halfway done, then again, usually project cars are never finished for some reason. The H22 will make it into Lola sometime this winter, as for the time being I have only been poking at it here and there. With not being able to use it this season, I'm no longer in a huge rush to get it into the car. But I do have pictures of everything I have done and will get them posted up in here soon. I just lost all motivation there for a few weeks to do much of anything car related. But over the last week I've been poking along and cleaning the garage. I need to get my ass in gear though as I have maintenance on "Ruby" the pilot and I need to get my sedan running again.

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                                I'm so glad you got your CB back. I know how it feels to have something taken, as my CB was stolen but luckily returned later that day after the cops found it a block away.

I'm excited to read the updates for when you install the H22, it should be amazing.
                                Thanks Losiracer, it's the worst feeling ever. Just total violation. Glad that you got yours back and with very minimal damages. I will get the H22 installed and running and get the rest of her all fixed up and better than ever for next season. More updates to come soon.

Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
                                Dude!

Wow, I am super happy for you and your family that she was found without much alteration. I hope those punks are discovered, arrested, and charged to the full extent of the law.

I have to say that I sided with Jarrett on this one. I really believed that this one would be found.
                                Thanks AF_1132, glad that you guys had so much faith I'd get her back. I really need to call them, maybe I'll try and find some time at work today. If I do I'll get you guys updated. These guys need to be locked away imo. No one deserves to have things stolen from them that they have put so much love and effort into.

Anyway guys really just thanks for all the support and kind comments. I really do appreciate all of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X