Power steering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power steering

i have a question for you people out there without power steering.

is driving any different?did you notice any increase in gas mileage? any gains in power? did the gas pedal feel different?

i have PS but i didn't for abit, i dunno about feeling the power gain but you'll have fun trying to steer, maybe not at highspeeds but low haha. idk thats imo. You'll get a good work out when you drive though if u nav the city alot. well mieagine wasn't that different for me anyways not notciable =P, others with it out longer, what say you?>
    1990 Accord EX -Stock to no beyond
    Originally posted by yeamans17
    you'd better soak the nuts in pb blaster, otherwise you'll snap them off
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those that mind, don't matter" - Dr.Susses

Vouch - | gloryaccordy | aznkid.com |

Comment

When I had no power steering, car seemed a little peppier but that could be my imagination. Steering in tight spaces was a super bitch to do, otherwise turning at speed and stuff was pretty easy, definately makes you a safer driver though because it requires you to use 2 hands most of the time, although in a fast emergency maneuvre I think p/s would win. Between powersteering or picking up 2 hp, I choose p/s.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
      "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
      "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

what about the A/C?

ive been debating on the A/C or the P/S b.c ive been wanting to do a wire tuck. and im sure you have to take out both or either one of these for that. or is that true?

Comment

A/C has the wires and you will take away quite a bit of weight removing it. As for the PS really no wires going to it but removing it is alright. Honestly removing ps as someone mentioned car feels peppier as for power gains Im not gonna say anything. Taking away the A/C should allow your car to be quicker since it takes away quite a bit of weight, 80 or so pounds if I remember correctly. Its in the weight reduction thread. Driving w/o ps is fine as long as your moving even like at 2 mph. Its trying to parallel park is gonna fuck you over but other than that its easy.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Honestly, the first summer you go without AC you'll be wanting to blow your brains out. And girls automatically don't go anywhere with you in your car.
            1992 Accord LX CB9 149K Stock
            2014 F350 Platinum CCSB SRW

Comment

Originally posted by asleepz
              Honestly, the first summer you go without AC you'll be wanting to blow your brains out. And girls automatically don't go anywhere with you in your car.
              Look where hes located at. In the north A/C isnt really a required thing they dont get as hot as the south.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I lived in Iowa and Michigan, no matter where you are, there is always at least a month where it's toasty out.

Comment

I 2nd that.

1990 Accord Lx F22a1(Daily) SOLD - will be missed
                  1990 Prelude Si B21a1 (Fun car!)

Comment

well im mainly the only one in my car anyway. lol. i RARELY let a girl ride in my car unless its someone im tryin to get with. but the girl i have now already has her own car. lol.

i want to keep the A/C ONLY b/c of the foggy window thing when it rains. unless theres a way to get around that then im cool. p/s? i may take it off. freeing up the motor a lil more would help tho.

Comment

Just do yourself a favor and keep the AC. If your looking to free up weight and you say you are the only one in the car mostly, rip out the rear seat.

Comment

Hmm I always thought Maryland would be colder. Its quite up there.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

get a sweatband because its a workout when your trying to park... its not as bad as some people will make it out to be. i think the biggest benefit is road feel. It seems like steering is more responsive. i prefer no p/s

p.s. my forearms got huge once i took p/s out hahah jk

Comment

I can understand you If you want to get rid of the AC compressor, but power steering? I don't know about that.....I was dumb enough to drive my DSM without power steering and it sucked. It was pointless. BTW it leaked out all of the fluid and driving it like that was somewhat dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1
                              well im mainly the only one in my car anyway. lol. i RARELY let a girl ride in my car unless its someone im tryin to get with. but the girl i have now already has her own car. lol.

i want to keep the A/C ONLY b/c of the foggy window thing when it rains. unless theres a way to get around that then im cool. p/s? i may take it off. freeing up the motor a lil more would help tho.

Yeah...didn't have A/C for the first five years I was driving, so it wasn't a loose to me. The A/C didn't work when I got the CB (leaking/no pressure), so I just ripped it all out. To defog, just keep the fan on and the air going to the windshield, and make sure to use the fresh air button, not recirculate.
                              Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

Working...
                              X