This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deckeda
    Let's say I have the switch but none of the OEM harness nor plug for the switch.

Can anyone post a pic of the "business end" of the fog switch with wiring legend?
    i have a set of prelude tail lights with cut harnesses sitting in my room, i was laying in bed looking at them when i realized the car-side of the tail light plugs match the stock foglight button perfectly. i think accords use the same type of plugs for the tails, so if you go to a junkyard, it should be VERY easy to find a plug that fits the OEM foglight button!

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

i still have to install my wiring for my headlight fogs im just lazy

Comment

I'm rather dumb when it comes to electrical work. I understand a little but not all. I've got the wires running through the car for my OEM fog lights but I can't get them to work. My friend who's been helping me told me the relay from my aftermarket wiring harness isn't going to work. So where did y'all get your relays from?

We jumped the fog lights and they work, the switch works, so we think it's the relay not cooperating. It's got four prongs, as I recall, and I think the diagrams here in this thread have five or six.

Also, the guy I got the fog lights from (xczechboyx) said that he wired them into his stereo headunit so that the fog lights were on whenever the radio was on. And my friend said we could wire them up to the parking lights so that whenever the parking lights are on, the fog lights would be on, and the fog light switch would be a dummy switch, so to speak. I read what cp[mike] posted about hooking up the wiring to the "#2 pin in the kick panel fuse box." I'm not sure I understand this. What are these "pins" and how do I hook up the wiring to it? Also, being an electrical idiot, what do I wire up to the #2 pin so my lights can have power whenever I want them to?

Basically, I just want constant hot power to the switch so that whenever the car's on I can turn the fog lights on with the fog light switch. Help?

Comment

bump for Aaron..i know he wants to get these working before x-mas
          -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
          -1993 Accord EX SOLD
          -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
          -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

Thanks for the bump, Keith. I guess nobody else cares how bad it sucks to have non-lighting bumper decorations....

Comment

I went through the same stuff wiring my fogs up lol. My fogs are wired to only turn on when the parking lights/headlights are on. The first pic is of the terminal that only has power when the parking lights are on (red circle).

The second pic (oem fog switch) shows the two wires I soldered together and ran to that terminal (red circled 2xblack wires). The two wires circled in gray (red w/black stripe and yellow w/black stripe) are grounds and I soldered them together and grounded them down by the ecu.

The third pic is another view from the other side of the switch with the relay trigger wire circled in orange. That wire goes out through the firewall to my relay.

The fourth pic is of my engine bay relay. The wire circled in yellow is that trigger wire that comes through the firewall. The black circled one is a ground. The one in blue leads to a 30amp fuse then to my battery. The green one is the actual power wire going to the fogs which I split into a wire for each. I also hooked the fogs ground wires together and grounded em on the same spot on the chassis.

last but not least just a pic of the relay and little diagram on top

good luck
              Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
              Project 240SX
              Originally posted by chillin943
              anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
              Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

is there a diagram with no relay???

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Well, theoretically, couldn't I just run a hot wire from the positive battery terminal to a fuse, from the fuse to the OEM fog light switch, then a wire from the switch to the fog lights, and just ground different ground wires where needed? I don't understand the function or purpose of a relay, especially in this situation. I don't see why I can't just wire it up this way.

Comment

you can wiring it up directly without a relay but your switch must be able to handle that direct current. the normal OEM switches usually cannot handle that so the relay is then used. relays only need very little current to power. www.the12volt.com
                    1cor10:31
                    - 92 LX coupe
                    - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by timmy0tool
                      you can wiring it up directly without a relay but your switch must be able to handle that direct current. the normal OEM switches usually cannot handle that so the relay is then used. relays only need very little current to power. www.the12volt.com
                      Hmm.... Thanks for the info., Timmy! But I do have one more question. I do have a relay (from the APC wiring harness I bought at Wal-Mart), but it's 4-prong. A friend told me 4-prong relay's should do the job but I thought the diagrams I've found here had a 5-prong relay. Do I need a 5-prong relay?

Comment

bump for this for sure,I'm getting ready to do some foglights.Iv'e already learned alot!

Comment

Ok I have a question and I'm in dire need. I have the depo fog light kit and harness but I don't understand where this little plug in goes to can someone please help me ASAP????????????????
                          Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
                          Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
                          JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

it goes on the red circle below (or any other adjacent prongs):

the one circled goes hot when the headlights are turned on. it's perfect for the fogs. others turn on with ignition, accessory, and constant which will work also but in different cases as they turn on.
                            1cor10:31
                            - 92 LX coupe
                            - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by timmy0tool
                              it goes on the red circle below (or any other adjacent prongs):

the one circled goes hot when the headlights are turned on. it's perfect for the fogs. others turn on with ignition, accessory, and constant which will work also but in different cases as they turn on.
                              hey thanks for that. Hey I have power to my switch and I can see the indicator light on it but my fogs don't come on do you know what the problem could be?
                              Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
                              Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
                              JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

So I have been trying to get my lights up and running since I seem to have everything in place.

(Harness I used)

(For OEM Switch)
                                thats the wire harness i used. I cut the wire right before the connector to the switch that came with it and began to wire everything up. I connected the white line to pin E on oem switch, then soldered the black wire(which connected to pin D and another black wire( which is connected to pin B) and ran em all thru the firewall. The black wires were bolted to chasis and the white wire(switch wire) led to the relay. Now the red wire coming off the connector was wired to pin A on oem switch and for pin C i used a seperate wire which i had bought and soldered those two and ran it to Pin/Prong 3 in the kickpanel fuse box.

Please verify with me that its right.

(From the relay)
                                I bolted black wire to chasis and then went along with wires heading to foglights and connected white to + wires on lights and black to - wires on lights. Red wire with fuse is connected directly to + terminal on battery.

When I began to read this I began to realize that the black wires heading to lights were supposed to be leading to ground. Did not do so and want to ask for suggestions on doing so
                                My 1993 LX

Comment

Working...
                                X