Lien release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lien release

Need advise. My buddy wants to give me his Chevy Silverado. Its got a slipping tranny and is not paying for 3k repair. It has a leing on the truck and he stop making payment. Buddy submitted the tranny estimation and let them know this truck is on non, and the Lein company told him to junk it. How do I go about making this truck my. Im in Northern California. If anyone has any good out the box ideas, get at me.
    Thanks

So your friend has a truck with a car loan on it. It no longer runs and he's elected to stop paying for it?

The lender owns his truck, not him. He cannot give you what he does not own. The lender will not tell him what to do with the vehicle, they will repo it from him, sell it at auction and come after him for the balance owed.

The only way to get that truck is for one of you to pay off the balance owed and get the title, or buy it at auction.

Comment

In theory its suppose to go down like that, but the finance industry can be irresponsible. They have not made an honest effort to help out my buddy. He is filing for bankruptcy and is dealing with health issues. I think he is so done with the truck. I help him push it off his drive way about four months ago and parked it on the street in front of his house. He had decency to get a non op, he is basically walking away from a problem. He lives in a nice neighborhood, but parts are coming up missing from the truck: tool box, tow package with harness, front bumper with fog lights, spare tire and vandals are starting to tag it up. Yup free art media. He has called pd to report the theft and vandalism, just to give the finance company a heads up.
      So the finance company is aware of the present and deteriorating condition and will not act in good faith and has instructed my buddy to make arrangements to call a dismantler or junkyard. They are not in the business of fixing cars or helping folks in a jam, they are just there to do nothing and wait for the phat check to be mailed for them. I just want to contact them to see if the could release the lein and donate it so I build and make it road worthy.
      Last edited by laloquera; 02-17-2019, 01:57 PM.

Comment

what trans for a silverado is 3k? thats 400 and an afternoon diy job.
        COUPE K24

Comment

Got that! They went over kill on the repair bill to demonstrate to the finance that he is not spending a dime on it. My buddy is not mechanically incline, he only playing the game. If I get it, my cost will be penny's on the dollar for my dyi building project. This is what its all about. If don't get its going to a junker for parts. I want to avoid that.

Comment

Im thinking of towing to a shop and paying the mechanic to do an separate estimate on repairs and declaring it as an abandoned vehicle on the shop property. Im open for any other hustles

Comment

Well?

Comment

As said earlier, the finance company owns the vehicle. No 'hustle' will change that. You need to work with the finance company to get the title. There is no other legal way.
                Originally posted by Junior Smurff
                Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Copy dat. Im clueless here, how do I start the legal process?

Comment

Call the company and tell them your interested in buying it. Maybe they will cut you a deal.
                    ~Nick~
                    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

nailed it. Dude handed me a clean tittle from the tittle company. i paid him $200. This is a done deal and happy as heck that it work out.

Comment

Working...
                      X