domesticated : 1993 Accord SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
    Great news man! Hey, do you know if I can hook a laptop up to my S300 and simply pull the "map" (file) down from the ECU?
    What do you mean? You want to read the map that is currently on the S300? If so, click "online" and "download".
    '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

So I just bought these

Momo Mod 30 w/out buttons

Comment

Got my low cam dialed in. My high cam was 35-50% rich , I'm gonna work on that...

It actually seems to handle surprisingly well for what it is. The balance is way off for street driving, but it may be a lot better on the track. My steering response is garbage. Need to get a real alignment soon. Hopefully that makes it better, otherwise I'm going to have to find a way to improve steering response.

Took about 70 more lbs out of it. Passenger seat belt installed. All in all, it's coming along.

Comment

Also note, with the whole car stripped, no side windows or sun roof, the sun roof buffeting that happens at about 60mph is insane. The roof starts shaking like crazy and that causes the whole car to go batshit crazy! I'd like to make a carbon plug for it, but for now I need a solution. Considering an eBay wind deflector. Or adding something to either stiffen the aft edge, or break the wind.

Comment

Apparently the momo hub is unattainable for the Accord... I should be able to use a prelude hub correct? Otherwise I might have to switch to Sparco products.

Comment

The Sparco hub isn't available either... cancelled my order until I can actually find a proper solution.

Comment

I pumped all the old fuel out of the tank because it's about 2 years old, then added 4 degrees of timing across the map and it runs a hell of a lot better! Finally time to go get it tuned.

Comment

will you post videos of you driving it once you get back from China?
                  Henry R
                  Koni/Neuspeed
                  1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                  1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                  Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                  made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by HenRoc View Post
                    will you post videos of you driving it once you get back from China?
                    I guess I could, but it still isn't tuned lol. It's gonna be slow.

Comment

Great updates, man!

From where did you order your new steering rack and supporting parts? I'm going to install a new rack and convert back to power soon.

I had the same wind/noise problem when I pulled my sunroof. No one makes a plug for our cars, so it's gotta be custom. I wound up rigging the oem glass back into place with bolts and nuts, and then sealed it against rain. It'll work until I figure out something nicer. I actually have a big, cured carbon fiber panel that I want to use as a plug, but the roof isn't flat so it wouldn't sit/seal right. Only other recommended option I found was to have a body shop weld on a new roof from a non-sunroof car, which is prohibitively expensive for me.

The prelude hub should work fine, yeah. You like flat bottomed steering wheels? I've found they bug me too much to run one.

Where did you find another 70lbs. to remove?!

Comment

Post some pics up , this build is beginning to look like mine. Eternal

MRThttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=84102 93se h22/t2t4

Comment

It's been a crazy year. Trip season started early and pretty much just ended. I got a Rywire engine and chassis harness at the end of last year. Having some fitments issue with it. I'll get some pics tomorrow. My power steering is leaking again. But I pretty much just need to fix the leak (again) and get the chassis harness wired in, then get it tuned. This is the first weekend I've had off in 6 months so I'm hoping to get started tomorrow. But I won't have too many free weekends​ this month. Going to Long Beach for the Grand Prix this weekend, then Idaho for Easter. But today I just finished a 5 day racing school at TRC and I'm ready to get the Honda on the track!

Comment

Had to get rid of the ugly steering wheel and I'll need a quick release when it gets caged, so a Sparco hub, quick release, and 383 wheel are on the way. Hopefully they actually have them in stock unlike Momo..

Comment

I was just thinking about this car the other day and how I hadn't seen you around in a while. Glad you're around for a bit and I'm excited to see what you'll do in your down time!
                              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I'm pretty much checked out October through April. But I had a bunch of international jobs to take care of right before trip season so it my ghostlyness started around September lol. I spent the last 5 days thrashing race prepped TSXs and an S2K in a racing school I took. I'm ready to get this thing on the track haha.

Comment

Working...
                                X