Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

still having erratic idling!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

still having erratic idling!!!!!!!!!!

ok i've done all these things trying to fix my erratic idling problem... change the IACV, i changed the FIATV, cleaned the intake plenum and throttle body, bleeded the coolant, boil the FIATV in hot water and tightened the white outer plastic ring, pushed the down the nipple on the starting air valve, replaced some vacumm lines that were slit... now the only thing that seems to work is tightening down the idle screw till closed, but it will idle at 1300 rpms and thats pretty high for the screw being closed... i rely need help guyz im going to a meet ina couple of months and i want my car to run decent atleast... jus gimme any advice you guys have i'll very much appreciate it

if its steady at 1300rpm and doesnt bounce seems like a vacuum leak some where..

ive also read ( and happens on my car) that if your power steering leaks that could cuase it to bounce around.. but my car idles from 300 to 1100rpm.
    but mostly 500 to 800

Comment

i have a feeling it has something to do with the intanke plenum or the throttle body but i jus don't know wut it is... and its buggin the hell out of me... cuz all the money i've spent on tryin to fix this motor i could've done an h22 swap

Comment

bump????

Comment

well have you checked to make sure that your injectors are not leaking. i would say on about 45% of the cars that i work on that have that problem its due to 1 or more injector leaks. i dont know if your turbo charged or not but a boost leak tester will show you where you have leaks in your system even if you are na, just put the tester on the TB and hold it open.

Comment

i don't have boost and how would i do that boost leak test wut tools would i need? and where would i be able to get that tool?

Comment

bump???

Comment

Originally posted by accordtunerf22
                ok i've done all these things trying to fix my erratic idling problem... change the IACV, i changed the FIATV, cleaned the intake plenum and throttle body, bleeded the coolant, boil the FIATV in hot water and tightened the white outer plastic ring, pushed the down the nipple on the starting air valve, replaced some vacumm lines that were slit... now the only thing that seems to work is tightening down the idle screw till closed, but it will idle at 1300 rpms and thats pretty high for the screw being closed... i rely need help guyz im going to a meet ina couple of months and i want my car to run decent atleast... jus gimme any advice you guys have i'll very much appreciate it
                there is a little lifting valve called a PCV valve, change it, it's messed up, that causes iratic idle. Also remember to change it every 10,000 miles or so.

Comment

didn't work... anymore suggestions????

Comment

sounds like you have a vacuum leak. spray brake cleaner all over you intake manifold and t body while engine is running. try that first, and get back to us.
                    The beginning of a new era............................
                    165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                    184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Working...
                    X