No announcement yet.

HenRoc: 1992 Accord EX Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just realized I have to rehost my pictures. Shame P-Bucket went that 3rd party route.

Anyways,

HUGE
    shout out to CyborgGT a.k.a Dave for coming through big time and helping me out with parts sourcing. It was well worth the money to get parts from a junked wagon from his area so right now along with that big box of parts I also have a another box that contains the rest of the rear pieces I needed for my interior swap.

Good to know some good people out there.

Recently scored a pretty cool half antenna switch and harness from 604_SE a.k.a Farad so that too is on it's way., I just have to figure out if it's compatible with the USDM antenna..which I can still order brand new from Honda so that's also in the works.

I won't touch the interior until winter passes so I know I have a huge task ahead of me to tackle once spring hits. Other things I have planned are to replace the timing / balance belts along with the water pump, and the major engine seals.

I really had my mind set on an H22 swap but I think this time I'll just swap out transmissions. Original motor still runs like a top at 206k miles so I really see no sense in swapping it out unless the motor died.

As for the planned 5 lug conversion:

ABS still works but I trying to figure out if the tone rings on a 5th gen Prelude and a 4th gen Accord are different. I remember when I did my first five lug swap in my old 5th gen the ABS light would never shut off and I traced it to the tone rings since I think the teeth spacings are different.

That's pretty much it for now.
    Last edited by HenRoc; 06-12-2018, 01:40 PM.
    Henry R
    Koni/Neuspeed
    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Happy to help, we're all family here .

With your ABS issue, do the stock axles not fit the five-lug conversion? I didn't even think about spline count. I've got Ody knuckles sitting around in wait for mine...

Accord Aero-R

Comment

The tone ring is on the axles, like Cyborg is alluding to. There should be no reason at all that an ABS issue arises from a tone ring problem as long as the OEM axles are used.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
          The tone ring is on the axles, like Cyborg is alluding to. There should be no reason at all that an ABS issue arises from a tone ring problem as long as the OEM axles are used.
          yeah but from my past experience the rear hubs are the ones I wanted to compare to see the differences. I think the number off 'teeth' on the rings make a bit of difference. I know with my 5th gen I used stock axles and the ABS light stayed on afterwards.
          Henry R
          Koni/Neuspeed
          1992 Accord LX R.I.P
          Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,

Comment

Picked up a set of GTS headlamp covers from a guy parting out his collection of parts down in Alabama and found him of all places..on Instagram.

Not a bad pick up for $60
            Last edited by HenRoc; 06-12-2018, 01:42 PM.
            Henry R
            Koni/Neuspeed
            1992 Accord LX R.I.P
            Legend FSM

Comment

Re up your pictures!

It's slightly getting warmer! Time to wrench

Comment

man I want to get another cb, its just hard finding a no rust one around here.. once I get back to work, I'm saving up and ill ask on cb7t at members from down south or west for help in searching!

Comment

Your color & wheel combo is making me scroll CL more. I’d love another CB now that I’ve been without for a few years..

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
                    Your color & wheel combo is making me scroll CL more. I’d love another CB now that I’ve been without for a few years..

Im glad I can inspire you man. Theres a guy in Alabama selling his white speed LX for 3k if you're on IG his screen name is : 3spokeshawty and if youre on FB checkout the page cb7accords his name is Cory Smith

Cory Smith 1991 Accord Wagon
                    Henry R
                    Koni/Neuspeed
                    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                    Legend FSM

Comment

Bit of an update.

Man I've been so busy lately I haven't had the time to update my MR.

I picked up a new daily:

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca with 183k for $800. Took it to a shop down the street from my place and they literally went through the whole thing for me:

Only things wrong with it are:

- Oil cooler gasket leaks
                      - Needs a right front axle
                      - Brake pads up front
                      - Rear rotors
                      - Valve cover gasket
                      - Timing cover gasket but it uses RTV and there's 59 bolts that hold the cover on up front so that's definitely getting outsourced.

My girlfriends brother was going to donate it but offered me the car instead. Can't beat it for what I got it for.

And today I picked up a set of clean quarter panels from another wagon which is a rarity up here in New England. I had been picking away at this parts wagon for awhile for it's interior parts and then last week when I saw it they had marked at X on it and my friend GraniteCB7 literally told me to snag those before it was too late. Well $300 later I picked up both sides.

At first they wanted to give me the whole rear end. But I had no way to transport them inside a 10 foot box truck.

So then I had them cut it in half so I could store them away until the car was ready for the bodyshop.

And right into the storage unit they went:

Last edited by HenRoc; 07-13-2020, 09:41 AM.
                      Henry R
                      Koni/Neuspeed
                      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                      Legend FSM

Comment

Other things that took a backseat were the 5 lug conversion. When I picked up the car last year I literally sold almost my entire setup minus NSX calipers because I had no intention of ever 5 lugging it.

Well...a free set of Si wheels kicked that into gear so. I got a set of free '99 Acura CL 2.3 rear spindles.

Before:

After:

Only to find out the 2.3 spindles are the same as a wagons so the Prelude hubs I have won't fit due to the smaller diameter.

I finally finished the interior swap minus the front seats, I wanted to swap it a set of black cloth RSX seats but from talking to Apalileo it seems that the RSX seats sit a tad higher than the stock CB seats so I figured I would pass on that snag a match set of front seats and just call it a day.

Also I found out that the 1990 to 1991 Type B interiors differ a lot from the 92 - 93 as they have a darker color and a bit of a pattern to them vs the later years where the colors are lighter.
                        Last edited by HenRoc; 07-13-2020, 09:40 AM.
                        Henry R
                        Koni/Neuspeed
                        1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                        Legend FSM

Comment

Back in Jan I pulled these out of storage as I had finally gotten a set of Si wheels for free from a friend of mine ( I think 2 of them were bent..not noticable unless you rode with tires on them)

So the following month I had a local poweder coater re-finish them in gloss black:

Mocked up:

Henry R
                          Koni/Neuspeed
                          1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                          Legend FSM

Comment

Good score on the wagon quarters. should have taken the rear bumper off the before cutting it. I could have used the header where the hatch mounts, mine is rusting badly.
                            90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                            08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Nice buy.
                              The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Seeing the rear end of the wagon separated like that is cool. You could make a little trailer out of it! I actually want to find a junked VW pickup to do that with, as a bit of a jab at how the American pickup guys will make a trailer out of a rival truck's bed.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Working...
                                X