JDM Climate Control Conversion...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BustedLX
    I believe you. I've had everything boxed up for what?... four years now... I've just been to lazy to actually set aside some time and do it. That's really all there is to it, my lack of modivation.

If I don't sell the car I'm sure one weekend I'll sit down and get it installed. Esspecially if I can get a new control unit, mine is all old looking with worn out buttons and I really didn't want to install it in my car since it wouldn't match everything, I hate old and beat up sh#t, I try to take car of my car and keep it looking new.

Everyday though it looks more and more like I'm selling my car so who knows.

Congradulations, this is deffinately going to get all the JDM bling gents modivated, lol.
    thanks man i appreciate it, one thing you wouldnt have to have an extra piece for the climate control would you, the one that goes in between the vents, i didnt get it, but i know its to just bypass the auto mode in the center vents, or if you know were i can get one, thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by AirRide Accord
      thanks man i appreciate it, one thing you wouldnt have to have an extra piece for the climate control would you, the one that goes in between the vents, i didnt get it, but i know its to just bypass the auto mode in the center vents, or if you know were i can get one, thanks again
      That mechanical lever is actgually molded into the bezel. The bezel I had was RHD so it wouldn't work for me, I just tossed it. I bought a whole dash with my conversion, but I didn't get the heater core so it woulda been some extra work and parts to get everything working.

Where to get it from? I'm not sure man I basically lost touch with everyone I used to buy things from. I'm not familiar with EDM Accords to much, if there was an LHD model that had the Auto Climate Control I would check, those would deffinately be for the European and Asian markets. All I've seen personally though is JDM RHD versions with auto cc in Japan, Bahamas, England, and etc.

Wish I could be more help.

Did you use all Accord parts for your conversion?
      My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

That mechanical lever is actgually molded into the bezel. The bezel I had was RHD so it wouldn't work for me, I just tossed it. I bought a whole dash with my conversion, but I didn't get the heater core so it woulda been some extra work and parts to get everything working.

Where to get it from? I'm not sure man I basically lost touch with everyone I used to buy things from. I'm not familiar with EDM Accords to much, if there was an LHD model that had the Auto Climate Control I would check, those would deffinately be for the European and Asian markets. All I've seen personally though is JDM RHD versions with auto cc in Japan, Bahamas, England, and etc.

Wish I could be more help.

Did you use all Accord parts for your conversion?
        well i used the accord airmix motor but couldnt use the mode motor cause it came from a right hand drive, but the rest of the sonsors were from a prelude, and all the colors were pretty much the same, but some werent

Comment

I have everything from the Accord except the mixture control which I have from a 1st gen CL and the in cabin temp sensor which I also have from a 1st gen CL. I'm still missing the heater core temp sensor.

Colors of wires doesn't concern me, that's what scematics, multimeters, brains, and other tools are for lol.

What are you talking about the mixture motor? Are you speaking of the blower assembly?

Comment

I have everything from the Accord except the mixture control which I have from a 1st gen CL and the in cabin temp sensor which I also have from a 1st gen CL. I'm still missing the heater core temp sensor.

Colors of wires doesn't concern me, that's what scematics, multimeters, brains, and other tools are for lol.

What are you talking about the mixture motor? Are you speaking of the blower assembly?
            i think hes talking about the air mix mode motor, the one that opens/closes the various vents... its made to be mounted on the left side of the box, ours is on the right.

damien - did u use the stock one or did you flip the jdm one over and rig it?

...i still need to get around to installing my setup as well, but i wont be using the jdm accord control unit.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
            Current cars:
            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

It's been so long since I looked into this... BUT why would you need to change the mode motor? The one that switches vents, defrost, etc. if in the LX and EX it's already an electric unit? The mixture control is the one you flip and relocate, etc.

I could be wrong it has been like four years, luckly I know I archived all my research on a CD-Rom that is in the box with all the parts, lol.

Comment

It's been so long since I looked into this... BUT why would you need to change the mode motor? The one that switches vents, defrost, etc. if in the LX and EX it's already an electric unit? The mixture control is the one you flip and relocate, etc.

I could be wrong it has been like four years, luckly I know I archived all my research on a CD-Rom that is in the box with all the parts, lol.
                hmm maybe im mistaken, i havent looked at any of it in like over a year either LOL, its all sitting in a box and its been even longer since ive looked at the diagrams. youre probably right

i think its because the control unit activates the motor backwards, based on where its mounted... i remember reading about somebody who tried to correct it by reversing the internal motor wiring on the USDM piece, but couldnt get it to work... i was just curious what damien did about this, because the only solution so far that ive seen was a custom jerryrig of the jdm piece, sticking out all weird...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                Current cars:
                - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

well the mode motor which opens the flaps, u sed the stock one, cause the jdm one want working right since it was for the rhd car, i used my stock one, as for the air mix motor, thats the one that changes from cold to hot, i used the jdm one and mounted it on the bottom and flipped around so it could work, so yeah i had to rig it to make it work right, ill post the pic of later on tonight when i get off work

Comment

here are a few pics on how i did it:

Comment

Originally posted by AirRide Accord
                      well the mode motor which opens the flaps, u sed the stock one, cause the jdm one want working right since it was for the rhd car, i used my stock one, as for the air mix motor, thats the one that changes from cold to hot, i used the jdm one and mounted it on the bottom and flipped around so it could work, so yeah i had to rig it to make it work right, ill post the pic of later on tonight when i get off work
                      Yeah good stuff, that's what I figured. It's not really a rig though... rather a "modification" lol. as long as it works as it's supposed to and doesn't break or screw up something else it's all good.

Edit* Butt connector "spacer" and drywall screw=score! lol. Isn't garage engineering the best, lol. that's why I enjoy projects like this because you can be creative... maybe I will do it if my kids go out of town for a weekend and I'm not distracted. My mixture control is a little different because it's from the CL but it'll probably come down to something like that. The ring terminal end is a nice touch.
                      Last edited by BustedLX; 06-27-2007, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                        X