F&F type 2, type 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F&F type 2, type 1

so ive been doing alot of rescearch lately, and i cant decide, i know some guys on here are running the form and function coilovers. Now my question is, type 1 is basically a street setup? basic daily driving kinda thing right? and than the type two is more agressive in tuning aspect... like adjustable in all kinda ways and more track friendly?..... im going for a more moderate daily driver stancing kinda thing? im thinking type 1?

yes i have the type ones and i love em well worth the money

Comment

if you dont want to adjust dampening go with the type 1s. if you want more control over the coilovers go type 2. on my m5 i had bilstien pss9 coilovers with dampening adjustment, and man it was one hell of a ride!
      miss my turbo cb7
      moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

You got it.

Type One is much more mild and very applicable to street set-ups. They are adjustable so you can get just the right drop for many different wheel and tire combos.

Type Two is more aggressive and good for Auto-X or circuit races. Although some are using them for street use.

I'm using the Megan Racing EZ-Street series. They're kinda in between the FnF models. They are adjustable AND have variable damping with mild spring rates for a comfortable ride with the option of dropping it down and cranking up the damping for moderate track use. They are also priced just about in the middle of the FnF's again @ $675 depending on the retailer.

I thought about the FnF stuff, but eventually decided on the Megan EZ series since they better suited my needs.

Good Luck with your decision!

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

i use form and function type 2 on my lude and even on the stiffest setting its still comfortable. the spring rates are the same for t1 and t2. only difference is the dampening adjustment which its good to have. on hella bumpy roads ( city ) i like the stiffness set on FIRM ( its a 1000x much better ride ) on smooth roads ( highway ) stiffness on SOFT
          frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

I have the type ones, and I'm just about always haul assin' through the rough city of Philadelphia (55 into 35 type of driving). On average I bottom out once or twice a week, an I'm dropped 2.5" front, 2.0" rear. It's very comfortable, and very forgiving driving at normal speeds. They aren't super stiff, but they can make your car handle very well. For DD, I would recommend a spring and shock combo if looking for comfort and simplicity (as mndude07 recommends). However, if you just want something that you can slap on, the F&F types ones are user friendly and comfortable.

Suspension reviews.
            Should be all the info you need.
            The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

thanks so much guys, i appreciate the help alot

Comment

I've had my type ones now for a little over 3 years... I drove for 3 of them on 18" wheels with 215/35 on them and the suspensions was stiff but still comfortable. Just recently I went back to stock 15" on much softer sidewall tires with the same over 3" drop (ruffly, its low) and it rides even better now for comfort because of the softer side wall tires...

Would recommend to anyone after 3 years and about 40,xxx miles.

I definitely got my moneys worth...

In Need of an engine, just a basic f22a...pm me if you have one willing to part with.

Comment

I think both setups are considered "streetable track suspensions". Neither one is meant for full race, but both are designed to be able to handle track duty.

If you don't intend to go on a track, I'd suggest the Tein Basic over anything else. It's completely designed for street use, and gives the most forgiving ride of any full coilover setup. The Megan Racing EZ Street that Function>Form has also appears to accomplish the same thing, but they're fairly new to the market, so I don't know how they compare. The Teins have been around for a LONG time.

Comment

Working...
                  X