do you trust ebay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do you trust ebay?

Found some sales like this while surfing ebay for stuff for my accord.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_W0QQ...KQ3aMEWAXQ3aIT

Just wondering if anyone has purchased from any of these sellers on ebay. I've seen some pretty good deals on a few things I need for my car, but I know most of the time a "deal" on car parts is too good to be true.
    We are all ricers, it just depends what flavor rice you are.

Minitrucker by heart, CB7tuner by coincidence.

My For Sale Thread
    Bowling Pin Shift Knobs

Originally posted by dbales View Post
    Found some sales like this while surfing ebay for stuff for my accord.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_W0QQ...KQ3aMEWAXQ3aIT

Just wondering if anyone has purchased from any of these sellers on ebay. I've seen some pretty good deals on a few things I need for my car, but I know most of the time a "deal" on car parts is too good to be true.
    Ive gotten an few things from there and havent had any probs just make shure the seller has good standing and you should be ok.....just remeber its an stock fix not an upgrade.....upgraded parts that are good run more....
    My 90 coupe Mr thread....
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

if you arent happy with your purchase paypal will cover you as long as you paid through paypal and sent money as an official payment.
      frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

i bought that same set for my girls car..2 years and still going.

my new turbo build

Comment

Originally posted by SPLCB7 View Post
          Ive gotten an few things from there and havent had any probs just make shure the seller has good standing and you should be ok.....just remeber its an stock fix not an upgrade.....upgraded parts that are good run more....
          Yeah i know its stock parts. I want to lower my car soon and I want to replace the suspension components while I'm at it.

My For Sale Thread
          Bowling Pin Shift Knobs

Comment

i ony trust name brand stuff and if you meant ebay itself yes because i have pay pal so its secure

Comment

Ebay is a cool place to buy stuff

92 cb7 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176886

91 cb9 wagon

Comment

Originally posted by cb7 dohc View Post
                Ebay is a cool place to buy stuff
                k bought my wiseco pistons for my motor on ebay. I paid 275 bucks. They were brand new in the box with rings.

Comment

Yea I trust em about 90% of the stuff on my car is from ebay. Havent gotten the stuff your looking at though.
                  Freedom Is Not Free
                  U.S Army 02/08 Medically Discharged

Comment

I havent had any issues with any of my ebay purchases.

I've bought everything from decals to Nissan Skyline headlight lenses and catback exhausts with no problems.

Comment

Im an ebay seller/ buyer. Its a got place as long as you check out the sellers rating. If you have any problems just let ebay and paypal know and they will work with you.

Comment

Ebay doesn't make or sell anything. They just provide a place for other people to sell their products. So, if you buy cheap shit products for 1/6 the cost of the dealership, you're probably getting inferior quality. My rule of thumb is: don't buy anything that could kill you if it fails. Therefore, suspension parts are a no-no. Get known brand names only, or OEM replacements. Your life isn't worth saving $200... and repairing your wrecked car (or replacing it) will certainly cost more than that! There's nothing wrong with buying on ebay, as long as you buy quality. Those suspension rebuild packages are NOT quality. I bought one myself, and I ran the upper control arms for a VERY short time before I swapped them out for something better. The quality was so poor it was scary.

Also, when making threads... PLEASE make the title relevant to the topic of the thread... this is in the Suspension forum, and the title says nothing about suspension. Once your ebay link dies, this thread will be utterly worthless. Already, we have people here who haven't bothered clicking your link, and are talking about things other than suspension.

This is the big boy forum... please at least TRY to think before posting!

Comment

i hopped on google and typed in the part number for the control arm and it came up as moog brand parts. now im not sure if this is correct as the seller may have just put those numbers as a reference to make you think its moog parts. imo i would try rockauto.com. i have bought parts there for a few different vehicles and havent had a problem. fast shipping and its always been the right part

Comment

First of all, I'm sorry if the thread was created in the wrong category. If an admin feels it'd be better suited in another section of the forum, by all means move the thread if you can. (btw I'm being respectful when I say this, I don't wanna come across as being a smart ass)

Second, to make this thread useful after the link dies, I'm referring to a suspension kit listed for $98.26 + $15.70 shipping. The kit includes:

-2 upper control arms w/ ball joints and bushings

-2 lower ball joints

-2 outer tie rod ends

-2 inner tie rod ends

-2 sway bar links

For the price this looks to be a good deal.

I have also searched the part numbers on Google and found them to be Moog parts, and have also messaged the seller about the brand.

I understand sometimes when you buy stuff for cheaper you're getting lower quality, hence the lower price, but even oem Honda parts can fail. Whole point of my post was to find out if anyone has had good experiences buying from these seemingly random ebay sellers. Like I said, if the thread should be moved to a more relevant section, by all means. Thanks guys for your input.

My For Sale Thread
                            Bowling Pin Shift Knobs

Comment

i wouldnt waste the cash on em to be honest. i dont trust ebay much for a exhaust much less something thats a necessity

They rise their wooden pints and they yoik and sing
                              And they fight and dance 'till the morning

Dont forget my MRT for my 1992 Honda Accord LX

Originally posted by deevergote
                              Everything in Japan is made with carbon fiber and used panties.

Comment

Working...
                              X