Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

question about yellow highbeams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question about yellow highbeams

So I have a yellow high beam bulb rather than the painted glass or reflector. But you really can't drive with high beams on all the time. I was driviń and saw a 93 accord that had yellow high beams but not high beam like. In other words didnt blind you. Is there a bulb that would fit in the high beam socket and not blind oncoming traffic. I understand there isn't the deflector like the lowbeam side just wonder on possible explanations of what I could have been

It may have had daytime driving lights (DRL). Canadian CB's have DRL's. I suppose one thing you could do is replace your 9005 highbeam bulb with a 9005 LED bulb, like these here...
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-x-Car-9005...item1c1dc151ff
    From what I gather, those LED bulbs don't emit the same luminousity strength as a standard halogen. They are not meant to be used in replacement of halogen for that same reason so I would assume you could put one in the highbeam and drive around all day with them on. Or you could somehow install DRL's.

Comment

Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?
        Lol, "looking dope as hell" is enough of a goal right there.

Comment

Too often it comes at the sacrifice of forethought for safety or anything else. I'm not saying yellow high beams are bad. In some conditions they perform better. But to have them so you can drive around with your brights on all the time seems a little foolish.
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I believe thats why he was asking how to accomplish the DRL look without just having his brights on all the time, which I agree is quite foolish.

Comment

The Canadian DRL swap would be the most logical.

The highs tend to get hot and running them for long periods of time is not advisable, especially on 20 year old wiring with the wrong bulbs shoved in there.

Either paint the housing or swap in a DRL setup.

Comment

There isn't a DIY for that is there?

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                  Either paint the housing or swap in a DRL setup.
                  Painting the housing isn't going to solve his problem.

Comment

I too would like to figure out how to do this, i searched but had no luck

Comment

Soo u guys are saying its bad if he buys that eBay led and use it as a drl? I think that shit would be sexy as fuck. Or am I missing something

Comment

Originally posted by iiball3 View Post
                        Soo u guys are saying its bad if he buys that eBay led and use it as a drl? I think that shit would be sexy as fuck. Or am I missing something
                        Its not bad, Its just pointless to get them in the high beam section of the headlight When you can only run them when your lows are also on. Are there and DIY's on how to wire the DRL's or what material would be needed to make the conversion happen???

Comment

You need the Canadian DRL system. I'm not entirely sure if the US fuse blocks have wiring or a slot for the DRL fuse, so you may need to actually get a Canadian fuse block and harness.

FYI, 1990 Canadian Accords have parking brake activated DRL's, however, the DRL's are your complete low beam lighting system. Corner lights & tail lights included.

1991-1993 used the high beam bulb at a reduced output.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                            You need the Canadian DRL system. I'm not entirely sure if the US fuse blocks have wiring or a slot for the DRL fuse, so you may need to actually get a Canadian fuse block and harness.

FYI, 1990 Canadian Accords have parking brake activated DRL's, however, the DRL's are your complete low beam lighting system. Corner lights & tail lights included.

1991-1993 used the high beam bulb at a reduced output.
                            Eeeee seems like alot of work. Im sure ill get around to it though if i decide to keep the coupe. Per say i was to decide to get it done, would you mr crazymikey be willing to pull those parts for me and ship em..?

Comment

I've pulled one fuse block so far, but haven't shipped it to the buyer yet.

I have no clue what's involved to wire the DRLs up to a USDM car.

Comment

Working...
                              X