Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

OE Mirror replacement 2 Door Coupe in Toronto area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OE Mirror replacement 2 Door Coupe in Toronto area?

I have been restoring a 93 LX Coupe that has pooched manual mirrors and I am need of at least the DS as a complete replacement. I know the 4 door mirrors will not work.

Any idea besides Honda where I can get them?

I have searched kijiji, craigs list, aftermarket companies such as Cross Canada (that sell body parts) all with no luck.... I found a very used one far away for $125.... little rich for what it is....

Any help would be appreciated. I would even take one out of the USA if I could get a decent one.

Jeff

Originally posted by BMaXRacing View Post
    I have been restoring a 93 LX Coupe that has pooched manual mirrors and I am need of at least the DS as a complete replacement. I know the 4 door mirrors will not work.

Any idea besides Honda where I can get them?

I have searched kijiji, craigs list, aftermarket companies such as Cross Canada (that sell body parts) all with no luck.... I found a very used one far away for $125.... little rich for what it is....

Any help would be appreciated. I would even take one out of the USA if I could get a decent one.

Jeff
    Hey I'm in your neck of the woods most days. There are a number of wreckers in Hamilton that have parts for our cars. A place called Mike's Auto Parts on Mud St seems to have the best selection out in this region. Shoot me a DM and I'll give you some directions if you like.

Comment

The last time I was at Mike's maybe a couple months ago, there were 6-7 CBs there, but they were all sedans. That's probably changed a lot since then, but still. Don't ever pay more than like $40 for a mirror assembly. These cars arent classics yet!

Also, I'm pretty sure you can swap the base of the mirror. I know of people who have done that to make power folding ones work on their coupes before.
      Originally posted by deevergote.
      And please, for the love of God, type like a human being!

Comment

Originally posted by 91 EX-R View Post
        The last time I was at Mike's maybe a couple months ago, there were 6-7 CBs there, but they were all sedans. That's probably changed a lot since then, but still. Don't ever pay more than like $40 for a mirror assembly. These cars arent classics yet!

Also, I'm pretty sure you can swap the base of the mirror. I know of people who have done that to make power folding ones work on their coupes before.
        I bought a coupe mirror from them a few months ago for $25, they have decent prices IMO. I was there about a month ago, I think they had about 10 or so, couple coupes in the mix. They do seem to go through inventory quickly, half the ones last month were new since a month prior.

Comment

Originally posted by Scolirk View Post
          I bought a coupe mirror from them a few months ago for $25, they have decent prices IMO. I was there about a month ago, I think they had about 10 or so, couple coupes in the mix. They do seem to go through inventory quickly, half the ones last month were new since a month prior.
          Thank you!

I generally use the site www.car-part.com. This site SHOULD show all wreckers in North America as this as what they use to see where they can get parts.

Mike's has always been a great place to get parts. I have been dealing with them for 20 years. Never thought of just doing the old school thing and actually calling them

This car will be gone late today.... I have completely restored it for my nephew as a gift. His is a true CB7 guy and lost his car a couple years back due to finances. So in need of wheels I had this car available and did a complete restoration to it... complete mechanicals (tune-up), Complete new exhaust including a Magnaflow stainless muffler, complete new braking system (EVERYTHING including caliper paint) an EXR spoiler and some Lancer Sparco Rally wheels finished in gloss black!

I will post some pics when I have a chance..... off to Mike's now and thanks!

Jeff
          Burlington

Comment

Thank you!

I generally use the site www.car-part.com. This site SHOULD show all wreckers in North America as this as what they use to see where they can get parts.

Mike's has always been a great place to get parts. I have been dealing with them for 20 years. Never thought of just doing the old school thing and actually calling them

This car will be gone late today.... I have completely restored it for my nephew as a gift. His is a true CB7 guy and lost his car a couple years back due to finances. So in need of wheels I had this car available and did a complete restoration to it... complete mechanicals (tune-up), Complete new exhaust including a Magnaflow stainless muffler, complete new braking system (EVERYTHING including caliper paint) an EXR spoiler and some Lancer Sparco Rally wheels finished in gloss black!

I will post some pics when I have a chance..... off to Mike's now and thanks!

Jeff
            Burlington
            Sweet, sounds like you've put a lot of work in to it! I've been looking to get the EX-R Spolier myself but haven't had a chance to visit the wreckers in a while now.

If they've got anything interesting at Mike's let me know, I might have to head down myself!

Comment

Mike's has one! On my way to pick it up.

Thanks again guys.

Comment

Mike's has one! On my way to pick it up.

Thanks again guys.
                Good luck! I betcha any money its the mirror off the grey LX coupe they have lying on it's side. I took the driver side mirror from that car a couple months ago as a stop-gap for mine (being a 4door it doesn't fit properly).

Either way I'm looking forward to seeing some photos of the car before you finish with it!

Comment

Uhh I fit 4 door mirrors on my coupe the don't fit perfect but there a hell of a lot better then the cheep ass eBay mirrors that came on the car when I got it

Comment

Originally posted by alekp92jdm View Post
                    Uhh I fit 4 door mirrors on my coupe the don't fit perfect but there a hell of a lot better then the cheep ass eBay mirrors that came on the car when I got it
                    Agreed. Only 1 of the screws actually fit on the coupe mirror, and I managed to get a second in. It's incredibly hard to find working LX(DX) mirrors from a wrecker. Most of the places I've been have broken or damaged parts. I'd rather go OEM than after-market any day.

Comment

I have a spare coupe mirror housing sitting around... PMd ya
                      I'm guessing you're all good now though

Comment

I have a set. Im in brampton. Pm me if your interested.
                        Everyday is one day closer to completing my cb7 <3

Comment

And this is why we don't allow "where can I find" threads in this section.
                          trinistylez, RustyBucket, and BMaXRacing, see you all in a week.

Comment

Working...
                          X