Cluster lighting issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cluster lighting issues

Ok. I noticed a while back that my cluster was no longer lighting up in some parts. For instance the CEL did not show up, my abs light which was always on was not. I did not do anything to fix anything, so how could they have just turned off? Later while driving and going in a pot hole, the lights came back on. But then the lights that illuminate the numbers were off and the lights to the top right that give it that "glow" were off. I've taken it to a mechanic, he hardwired the CEL for me and the oil light which now come on when the ignition is first turned so I know they work. We checked and replaced all bulbs with no luck. Same scenario. Checked fuses and everything is good. Anyone had a problem similar to this or know what is going on?
    Everyday is one day closer to completing my cb7 <3

Sounds like a ground issue. Did you check all the soldering connections on the circuit board on the back of the cluster?

Perhaps try plugging in another cluster. If it still has the same issues, you probably have a wiring fault somewhere.

Comment

Yeah ive got a spare one. Ill try it. I did not try to re solder anything on the back.

Comment

the spare cluster does the same thing. I am currently at a loss. I did notice that the cruise and sunroof buttons did not light up the other day. Then on another day they were flickering. Same goes with the actual dimmer button. It is supposed to light up when you turn on your lights. That light was also flickering.

I also hear a click sound from my speakers when I press the brake pedal and since this has come about, my brake lamp light comes on in the cluster, but all my bulbs are fine and lighting correctly.

Any ideas

I'm at a loss right now :/

Comment

Working...
        X