rear speaker sound balance problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rear speaker sound balance problem

So I upgraded my deck and noticed that the sound volume is diffrent from the right being quiet and the left being louder. it used to have a cutting in and out over bumpy roads problem that i fixed but now its just a bit quieter than the left. I noticed that there are 4 wires on the left and 2 on the right could this be my problem if i'm missing wires?

Originally posted by evil_demon_01
    Do it once, do it right.
    Saving a dollar is not worth risking a life.
    Missing My
    White -91 LX Sedan - leather converted
    Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

If you are referring to the speaker wires for the front and rear yes you should have 2 wires for each speaker, 4 for the front and 4 for the rear.
    I'm sure they are there you may have just missed them

steve

Comment

Okay on the rear there are 4 wires each. I think the last owner must have cut 2 of the 4, the speakers are the same brand and it took switching wires a cupple times but I think I fixed it... I will keep you updated

Originally posted by evil_demon_01
      Do it once, do it right.
      Saving a dollar is not worth risking a life.
      Missing My
      White -91 LX Sedan - leather converted
      Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

Comment

each speaker should only have two wires unless an inline crossover is installed.

the cutting in and out problem is from the speaker grounding out on the trunk springs or somewhere on the chassis.
        frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

It's possible that if there are four wires that a previous owner installed new speaker wiring and used that instead of the old wiring. Not really going to matter for the amount of power a deck can put out, so use whichever one looks to be in the best shape.

Comment

in some decks, having your negative and positive speaker wires reversed can cause this. make sure the settings on your deck are correct - the fader is set to 0 or centered for rear/front and left/right.

this may or may not help you, one problem I've had with rear speakers in my cb is with aftermarket speakers when the pins that you connect the wire to are close to the chassis of the car, they might touch, even when secured tightly and cause it to ground off. make sure everything is wired properly.

and as mentioned earlier, you should only have two wires going to each speaker unless there is a crossover installed. and even then, you should have the same amount of wires on each side.
            Everyday is one day closer to completing my cb7 <3

Comment

Originally posted by trinistylez View Post
              in some decks, having your negative and positive speaker wires reversed can cause this.
              X's 2

Comment

Working...
              X