Wet Sanding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wet Sanding

Does anyone have any pictures of spray paint that has been wet sanded? Pretty much I want to see how much of a difference it makes.

Click For MRT

Originally posted by C-Rod View Post
    Does anyone have any pictures of spray paint that has been wet sanded? Pretty much I want to see how much of a difference it makes.
    oh it makes a world of difference believe me that..sorry no pics tho.

Comment

I keep reading that haha. I just wish I could see for myself :/

Click For MRT

Comment

I keep reading that haha. I just wish I could see for myself :/
        google wet sanding, theres a million and one ways, advice and pics to boot

i like to use a spray bottle with cold water and a few drops of dish soap

oh here I found some pics of a motorcycle I did..

wetsanded and clear w/ sparkles

wet sanded no clear

clear w/ sparkles

First dusting of clear

I didnt wetsand the clear, I wasnt being paid enough for that. But since the base was wetsanded and no orange peel the clear went on very well. I could have wetsanded the clear with 1500 then 2000 grit then buffed and it would have looked like wet glass

Comment

Have a look at my MRT and you shall find.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
            Thanks!

Click For MRT

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
              Do you mind if I post your pics in this thread? For future reference?

Click For MRT

Comment

Do you mind if I post your pics in this thread? For future reference?
                Of course not.

But remember this wetsanding is for a particular reason - After new Basecoat/Clearcoat acrylic lacquer paint/Clear.

Using 2K paint you shouldn't need to wetsand, Though for a show car finish it can be done.

Pre-wetsand, dull finish

After wetsanding & buff

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

thanks

Click For MRT

Comment

When using a paint with metallic or pearl in it such as a single stage you do not want to wet sand it. It will make the metallic or pearl blochy this goes for spray bombs aswell especially on body panels/large surface areas.

Now if you use a clear over the un color sanded metallic or pearl you can wet sand the top mil which is your clear coat not the actually paint itself.
                    This only apply's to single stage (Spraying a clear over it defeats the purpose of the paint) or a spray paint as you don't want to color sand the base just the clear.

None of what i posted above apply's to a solid color weither spray paint or single stage with no metallic or pearl in it or a base coat clear coat paint.

02 Crv
                    02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                    92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                    Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Working...
                    X