Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

buy a car from pick n pull?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

buy a car from pick n pull?

hey guys this is really off topiclol.
    theres a 180sx at pick n pull, if i wanted to would i be able to buy that whole car? well whats left of it?
    thanks. if so i might buy it and a nicer cb7 thats pretty much 75% intact

It depends on the yard, or local law. You'd have to ask the cashier or give them a call.

Comment

Originally posted by Low_CB7_Seguin View Post
      hey guys this is really off topiclol.
      theres a 180sx at pick n pull, if i wanted to would i be able to buy that whole car? well whats left of it?
      thanks. if so i might buy it and a nicer cb7 thats pretty much 75% intact
      Ask them or research your local Motor registry or authority on motor vehicles. The worse they can say is No.

If it is a yes I say save those cars. No use letting them go to waste because someone cannot or does not appreciate them anymore.
      Save yourself some money by getting a better starting platform, acquire a classic sought after vehicle and save the environment some land fill and waste. Whats better than hitting 2 birds with one stone? Hitting 3 birds with one stone.

In some places where the Government have made deals with businesses (to increase their tax revenue and business to increase their sales), cars with minor non structural damages or even no damages at all are tagged as Statutory Write Offs. Meaning the law deems these vehicles not fit for registration and only for parts and eventual destruction. Even if the vehicle is smelling like new because the owner has handed it over to the Junk yard (decease estate or by other means) the car is terminated for destruction and cannot be salvaged.

Canada has this same business agreement now I believe. It is all a drive to accelerate the demise of the second hand car market and increase turnover (to increase sales and taxes = win for business and win for government).

Save the vehicles and yourself a whole lot of money. If the CB7 in the JY is better why not? Not all cars in the JY should be there.
      Last edited by JDMDriver; 05-08-2014, 12:18 PM.
      Rides:

Accord
      92-JDM-2.0 Si- "4ws" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
      96-AUDM-2.2 VTiS- Heather Mist

CR-X
      88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol
      92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Motegi Edition - Silver
      95-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Daytona Edition - Silver
      92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" - Black

Prelude
      91-JDM-Si-4ws "Si States" - Phoenix Red
      91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition" - Bordeaux Red Pearl
      91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
      91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition"- Gun Metal Grey

Comment

thanks guys. ill give pick n pull a call after work! lets hope i can save these two!

Comment

Originally posted by JDMDriver View Post
          Ask them or research your local Motor registry or authority on motor vehicles. The worse they can say is No.

If it is a yes I say save those cars. No use letting them go to waste because someone cannot or does not appreciate them anymore.
          Save yourself some money by getting a better starting platform, acquire a classic sought after vehicle and save the environment some land fill and waste. Whats better than hitting 2 birds with one stone? Hitting 3 birds with one stone.

In some places where the Government have made deals with businesses (to increase their tax revenue and business to increase their sales), cars with minor non structural damages or even no damages at all are tagged as Statutory Write Offs. Meaning the law deems these vehicles not fit for registration and only for parts and eventual destruction. Even if the vehicle is smelling like new because the owner has handed it over to the Junk yard (decease estate or by other means) the car is terminated for destruction and cannot be salvaged.

Canada has this same business agreement now I believe. It is all a drive to accelerate the demise of the second hand car market and increase turnover (to increase sales and taxes = win for business and win for government).

Save the vehicles and yourself a whole lot of money. If the CB7 in the JY is better why not? Not all cars in the JY should be there.

from your keyboard to God's monitor
          http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

How'd it go?

In most cases, once a car is in a junkyard, it never comes out of the junkyard. I've asked in multiple yards near me, and I've talked to many others who have done the same in their areas, and the answer is always no. You can buy all parts, but the car itself stays.

Was the 180sx even in the US?

Comment

Nah, brah. Sylvia I meant.
              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I know at my local yard they will sell ANY car that's "junked" for $1000 if they still have the paperwork for it. Most do.
                1993 10th Anniversary MRT

Originally posted by The G-Man
                For that money, yes. But my dick isn't big enough for that shit.

List of all my cars to date

Comment

Wow. That's not what I expected in California of all places!

Though I guess if it's "junked", there's no way it would ever be able to be legally registered, I assume.
                  In NJ, I don't even think it's legal to sell a junkyard car. Once the car is in the yard, it's done. Not only is a junkyard car potentially unsafe for the buyer, but it's a serious liability for the junkyard owner.

I'm sure if you know somebody, things could go differently...

Comment

i think what wickit meant is

some "junkyards" will get a car but not turn in the title as "junked" to DMV

there is a yard here in NYC (hunts point) that does that every so often with cars they get that they can "restore" for a minimum expense.

for example

somebody decides to "junk" a Ford E series van with either a bad engine or transmission

this yard has about 20 good engine/transmission combos and separate pieces

they don't turn the title over to DMV as being "junked" ,replace the engine/tranny and resell the van.

i mentioned this before in another thread
                    http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Similar situation here in Ohio. Once the car title is turned in as scrap, they won't sell it. I tried to buy the shell I cut the quarters from for Ruby; it was only lightly hit in the front. When Emmy was wrecked, I had to get the title changed over to "salvage" before the insurance company would pay me for it. I have seen cars for sale at junkyards, so if they get a clean title and repair it themselves, they can resell it.
                      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

The pick and pull here in columbus usually has ten sometimes twenty "builders". They will sell them with bad transmissions ect, but once they hit the yard they are gone.
                        ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

PickNPull

if its still on the yard for parts pulling, the paper is still in file/hand. i'd talk to the front office where the customers in/out is at. they'll tell you whats up with how you can purchase it as is. most will just tell you it wont happen cause they dont want to go trough that 'pick up cars an leave on the side if the car is in to deep within the line'. good luck though

Comment

And don't slouch! whole cars don't last long at picknpulls if their worthy of putting back on the road

Comment

Working...
                            X