CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > 4th Gen-eral > Off Topic

Old 08-18-2016, 11:28 PM   #1
ol blue
CB7tuner Member

ol blue is cool... so far.
Craigslist find

Looks to be pretty clean, figured I would post it out there in see anyone is looking for one.

1991 HONDA ACCORD SE $2450
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hn...735868429.html
ol blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 12:19 AM   #2
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to Jarrett
That is a gorgeous car. I would love to drive that thing around. However, I feel like I must point out that I can see two spots on that car that clearly have rust, despite their claim that it doesn't have any. The driver's side rear quarter where everyone has it, and the rearmost portion behind the side skirt, also on the driver's side. It doesn't keep me from liking it, though.
Old 08-19-2016, 04:12 AM   #3
H311RA151N
Silver Member

H311RA151N seems to have made some friends! H311RA151N seems to have made some friends!
Nice! Pick it up for $2500 and double your money when you go to sell.
H311RA151N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 01:41 PM   #4
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
I'm amazed that it only has a little rust, honestly! The seats look good, too. The driver's seat is a little beat (and I bet there's a tear just out of frame...) but still, that's a nice one. The 91 SE is among my favorite CBs ever. The automatic and the autobelts are the only things I don't like about it!

I wonder how low the price could be negotiated. I bet a strong negotiator could walk away with that car for $2000 easily.

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 04:04 PM   #5
F22Chris
CB7tuner Member

F22Chris is very helpful F22Chris is very helpful
I can see rust on the rocker panel and quarter panel, but honestly that car looks better than most of the cars here down south. That interior is amazing too. I'd pay two for it, but I'd need some under chassis pics. Good find man.
Old 08-19-2016, 05:03 PM   #6
AccordWarrior
Guy Smiley

AccordWarrior is very helpful AccordWarrior is very helpful AccordWarrior is very helpful
It's decently clean for a car that isn't in the South, but I see a solid $2,000 to $3,000 worth of rust repair in there (done properly) and a respray. It needs both quarters replaced (or properly repaired with metal), a new trunk lid and bodywork on the driver's door. It's really straight though.

Up here it would make for a decent daily beater or an excellent project car.
AccordWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 05:47 PM   #7
SEgirl
CB7tuner Member

SEgirl is cool... so far.
If I wouldn't have just bought one, I'd definitely try and snag this one.
Old 08-19-2016, 06:05 PM   #8
HenRoc
Black Thunder

HenRoc seems to have made some friends! HenRoc seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to HenRoc
GraniteCB7 found his 91 SE in a garage of all places here in NH, lower miles at 80k and he paid around the same amount this guy is asking for.

His is absolutely clean.
1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video
HenRoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 10:38 PM   #9
ol blue
CB7tuner Member

I quoted my last accord for repair on the quarters and was told around $600 a side for new metal and paint. If I didn't have so many projects and a house to pay for I would have snagged it up since I still have a lot of my old parts from my wagon.

If anyone does want me to go look at it I wouldn't mind to do that as long as you are serious about buying it and not wanting to waste anyone's time. Just let me know.
Old 08-20-2016, 04:05 PM   #10
AccordWarrior
Guy Smiley

AccordWarrior is very helpful AccordWarrior is very helpful AccordWarrior is very helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by ol blue View Post
I quoted my last accord for repair on the quarters and was told around $600 a side for new metal and paint. If I didn't have so many projects and a house to pay for I would have snagged it up since I still have a lot of my old parts from my wagon.

If anyone does want me to go look at it I wouldn't mind to do that as long as you are serious about buying it and not wanting to waste anyone's time. Just let me know.
Was that cutting and welding out the rust or putting new quarters on and repairing the inner wheel houses?

If it's putting new patch panels in, repairing the wheel houses and paint, that's quite the deal.

I paid almost $3,000 back in 2005 to have my quarters repaired. The problem with these cars is by the time you see rust on the outer quarter panel, the inner wheel house is damaged too.
Old 08-21-2016, 12:24 AM   #11
ol blue
CB7tuner Member

That was to cut and glue a new quarter on. I didn't ask about anything else, but I'm sure it would have been a few hundred more.
Old 09-15-2016, 11:38 AM   #12
JDMDriver
CB7tuner Member

JDMDriver is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevergote View Post
I'm amazed that it only has a little rust, honestly! The seats look good, too. The driver's seat is a little beat (and I bet there's a tear just out of frame...) but still, that's a nice one. The 91 SE is among my favorite CBs ever. The automatic and the autobelts are the only things I don't like about it!

I wonder how low the price could be negotiated. I bet a strong negotiator could walk away with that car for $2000 easily.
Could be good for someone to get back into the CB7 game, ... ahem ahem ahem

Prelude 91 - AUD - Si - 4ws "Cita Lux Edition" - Bordeaux Red Pearl

Prelude 91 - JDM - Si - 4ws "Si States" - Phoenix Red

CR-X Delsol 92 - JDM - SiR "Transtop" Motegi Edition - Silver

CR-X Delsol 95 - JDM - SiR "Transtop" Daytona Edition - Silver

Accord 92 - JDM - 2.0 Si - "4ws" - Cobalt Blue Pearl

Prelude 91 - AUD - Si - 4ws "Cita" - Cobalt Blue Pearl

Prelude 91 - AUD - Si - 4ws "Cita Lux Edition"- Gun Metal Grey

CR-X 88 - JDM - Si - Black
JDMDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 02:33 PM   #13
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Someday, maybe. My car wishlist is a mile long... and currently topped by Swedish and British cars!

Old 09-16-2016, 11:11 PM   #14
F22Chris
CB7tuner Member

F22Chris is very helpful F22Chris is very helpful
Swedish and British? Saabs and Minis? My uncle has a Sunbeam Tiger with a 289 Cobra & 4-speed. That thing rocks left to right just at idle. Such a monster. I hope to jeebus he wills it out to me. Also a late 60's GTO with a 400 ci built for spray. I need to rebuild an old two speed auto for that thing to get it going again. That, and a butt load of body work.

I'll post up some pictures soon. Maybe some video.
Old 09-16-2016, 11:33 PM   #15
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

Volvo and TVR.
The Sunbeam Tiger is badass, though. I keep forgetting about those!

I want a 240 with a v8 swap (wife's first car was a 240, so she's into them... I love the style, and a v8 240 is badass.
TVR Chimaera will be legal in 2018. I could import one for roughly $15,000 total, especially since the British pound is tanking thanks to brexit. For example, this one here will be legal to import in 2020. That's about $14,300 at the current conversion rate. Plus $2500 or so to import it. And that's for a 5.0L version. The lesser models are cheaper.

Wouldn't mind a Jag either. But those are major projects.
Also, Volvo P1800... but they're getting expensive.

Old 09-17-2016, 01:09 AM   #16
Rilas
Gold Member

Rilas seems to have made some friends!
Speaking of TVR I have always lusted after and dreamed of being able to own a TVR Cerbera Speed 6 or Speed 8 trim would be fine. I have loved these ever since I saw pictures of a Speed 12 shortly after their introduction. I would love a Speed 12 but that will never happen so I'd settle for the Cerbera.
Rilas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 11:20 PM   #17
CyborgGT
CB7tuner Member

CyborgGT is cool... so far.
http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/5809169043.html

What a sleeper. It's lack of structural support up front is iffy, but damn.

Claimed 700hp. "Don't want to sell but could use the money more. I have my 93 Honda Accord for sale. Serious buyers will be given specs. Just trying to recoup some of the money I put in it. Car is ready to drive right now. " $9k obo

Project CB9 AeroR start-up: //////////
Slowly but surely... and gunning for that NA list!

Last edited by CyborgGT; 10-29-2016 at 11:27 PM.
CyborgGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 11:32 PM   #18
AccordWarrior
Guy Smiley

Probably would make 700 HP once and then BOOM.

With an ad like that I'd take 700 HP with a mountain sized grain of salt.
Old 10-29-2016, 11:36 PM   #19
CyborgGT
CB7tuner Member

CyborgGT is cool... so far.
You assume he didn't build the internals or what? Ignoring the cut core support, what I can see of the engine doesn't scream "hack job" to me.

Project CB9 AeroR start-up: //////////
Slowly but surely... and gunning for that NA list!
CyborgGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 11:49 PM   #20
AccordWarrior
Guy Smiley

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyborgGT View Post
You assume he didn't build the internals or what? Ignoring the cut core support, what I can see of the engine doesn't scream "hack job" to me.
I'm a cynic when it comes to ads online. I don't believe any claims without actual proof backing up the claims (dyno sheets, build lists, etc).

700 HP is too general of a number. Is that wheel or estimated crank? Sure, ti's got a massive turbo on the front of the motor, but does it even run? The highest powered setup on the board is NWaccord @ 643 WHP. So this car has 57 more HP than that?

All I can think of is the episode of Roadkill where they purchase the Mazdarati and were told it would run 10's and it put down 170 HP on the dyno.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: