JDM Climate Control Conversion...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BustedLX
    He could try, he says finding 4th gen Accords over there is getting harder and harder as the car is becoming older. What's worse is that before yards would keep a few of them around but now since they are so old they just cut them up, quickly remove anything of value (if someone there is asking for something) and melt the car down as scrap.

I don't even know what the total for mine will be yet as it has to pass threw customs but I'm sure you could get the same deal.
    I'm called "BustedLX" because my car is just that... busted. If you saw it in person you would know what I meant. My car is labeled one of the "Ultimate" sleepers here in South Florida.

I do have allot of JDM parts that's true but 90% of them are still in storage as I'm not going to put anything on until I get the body work done and car painted. It's just hard to get the money together with all my responsibilities and the fact that everytime I have a little bit saved up it goes into making the car faster

2004 looks very promising though, my business appears to see the beginings of prospering, my cc is coming in, and my parents said after they finished remolding their house they would give me the money to get my car painted. So things are looking good.
    Damn Jose, we're both in the same boat with the same goals!! I wish I would win the lotto!

05' S2000 GrandPrix White

93' Accord (Sold )
    JDM H22
    Port n Polished Int Mani
    Bored TB, maxed
    MSD 6A
    I/H/E
    no cat
    [[-]] (()) [[\]] [[)) //\\

Comment

thats the most pimp thing ive ever seen man, thats 4th gen jdm? wow..

Comment

I have to agree with xplode on this one. That is very pimp. I am a big JDM fan/freak and seeing this just makes me want it very badly. Big props to BustedLX, 93accordEX and anyone else who has the JDM climate control or any other hard to find JDM parts for the CB7's.
        "I'm out for presidents to represent me"

Comment

now thats a JDM mod that i think gives a good benefit, along with braggin rites =)

Comment

Thanks for the compliments. The container should clear customs next week sometime. I hope some of this sidework I have planned goes down cause I could really use the money to pay for the dash and my new computer I just bought.
            My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

if I may ask...

what's the deal with the JDM climate controls anyway? Alot of JDM guys like salivate it the sound of it. Does it do anything special over factory? Or is it just a little show props thing? I think it's neat however. Just wondering.
              + '93 Accord EX - CB7 - Frost White w/ Dark Blue = teh s0ld (ilikebigbutts)

2006 Cobalt SS - 2004 Monte Carlo SS - 1990 CRX Si

. Snail Squad .

Comment

Originally posted by JDM CB
                if I may ask...

what's the deal with the JDM climate controls anyway? Alot of JDM guys like salivate it the sound of it. Does it do anything special over factory? Or is it just a little show props thing? I think it's neat however. Just wondering.
                Well aside from the fact that no one has ever done it (atleast no one has stepped forward) it's a fully automatic climate control much like you would find on your newer vehicles and older luxury cars.
                My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

Originally posted by BustedLX
                  Well aside from the fact that no one has ever done it (atleast no one has stepped forward) it's a fully automatic climate control much like you would find on your newer vehicles and older luxury cars.
                  I take a small step forward waiting on $ now to complete
                  HSHO #3

Comment

alrighty...

so it's like powered manually, like you set it to a temp and it goes there?

. Snail Squad .

Comment

powered manually? I don't think I would word it like that. its an automatic climate control, hence it automatically adjusts what you set it to

set it to 25 (celcius) and it does what it needs to do to get there and stay there. not that its anything so amazing, but you wont have to be like always adjusting it if you start feeling a bit warm or whatever. and yea its just nice to have since pretty much no one else does.
                      HSHO #3

Comment

bro that jdm climate control seems super pimp.. too bad its all worn out and shit, takes away some of the JDM quality =p

Comment

sorry...I worded it wrong.

Yeah...I really like that. It adds to the luxury feel that the Accord was supposed to represent. Very nice looking. How hard was it to put in?

. Snail Squad .

Comment

busted lx,

You have the best sig ever. Easily. And even though it's just a little peek, the color of your car looks sweet. Somehow it reminds me of an S13 Silvia...

Anyway, that HVAC controller looks nice as hell...I hope it doesn't need any new sensors or anything though, I imagine it would need some kind of in car thermometer. Unless of course that is built in...

One of those would def. boost my JDM cred though from my current standing of zero...

Originally posted by lordoja
                            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

thats whats in the bottom right corner, however there are many other things you need to, it's certainly not plug and play.
                              HSHO #3

Comment

I never realized that the JDM 4th gens came with the auto-climate control. That is awesome. My moms Acura has auto-climate control. It is nice.
                                Also, does the system have a thermometor that measures the temperature and adjusts accordingly. That is how my moms works.(You can also set it to a certain temp and it will go there and stay there.) Just curious if it works like that.
                                It is gonna look sweet when you get it in. Good luck and mad props to ya.
                                FSAE(F Series Accord Enthusiasts) "A dying breed..." #15

Need parts? Check out my 1990 EX part out!
                                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=60011

www.clemsonscc.com

Comment

Working...
                                X