Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

whats a good deep sounding muffler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats a good deep sounding muffler?

just looking for opinions on a good deep sounding muffler for a f20a1 cb. i have stock headers and 2 to 2.5 inch piping with i think a ebay high flow cat and a glass pack was this way wen i bought the car.

it is very very loud and raspy and i would like a good deep sound. i have no luck on mufflers for 4 bangers they all tend to sound raspy. any good thoughts maybe borla?

I would go with an oval oem shaped muffler.. they're not a straight through design and will not be as loud and raspy.
    92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
    2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
    2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

i mean dont get me wrong i like it loud but not the loud glass pack sound just to raspy sound like a rice burner from hell! ive heard a few with greddy mufflers that sound real deep but then again heard some that sound like a fart can same with borla.

Comment

I believe crazymikey ran a GM muffler on his SE. He said it sounded really nice.
        2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

My personal opinion is to get a Megan Cat-Back, nice deep sound but then again that was on an F22A6.

Comment

really? hmm he seems to know his stuff. i to was thinkin something on the lines of that. im just looking for a good deep sound thats all.

Comment

Originally posted by BurtonRiderT6 View Post
              My personal opinion is to get a Megan Cat-Back, nice deep sound but then again that was on an F22A6.

megan? wouldnt sound like a blown out fart can? prolly pretty good price tag to ill look into it maybe on the tube see if i like thanks.

Comment

Got any junkyards in your area? Could always go see what kind of mufflers are around... If you see something that is the same diameter you could get it cheap and see what it sounds like. When I do my exhaust, ill probably go with a chambered muffler and see how it sounds.
                2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

Get rid of the "ebay" high flow cat, and throw in an actual cat. You can go with a magnaflow high flow cat or just a stock replacement cat. That will take away the raspy sound. Also if you want it quieter have a resonator installed instead of the glass pack. It will quiet it down. As for a muffler I went with something similar to this click me, but a straight cut not a slant cut tip. It sounds great and looks stock.

'90 Accord EX(project)
                  '88 CRX SI(DD)-SOLD
                  '95 Prelude SIVTEC-SOLD

Comment

Definatly stick with an oval and DEFINATLY have a cat(not a test pipe) and a resonator if you want.

I have a Vibrant Stealth Black oval muffler and lovee the sound of it!

8 Accords so far:
                    '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
                    '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
                    (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

What's the model number on that one? I want to read up on it. Also, is it chambered?
                      2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

My muffler is Vib. P/N 1146

8 Accords so far:
                        '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
                        '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
                        (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

Kinda but what exactly would a cherry bomb glass pack do to a exhaust sound wise?? Also they are welded somewhere within the mid pipe correct?? Bc ive read about some and people actually use them as the actual muffler

Comment

I had a set glass packs on my 69 chevy befor I sold it a few months back . It was very freaking loud . It would wake up the dead .
                            this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
                            How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
                            Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

Magnaflow was amazing on my infiniti, im sure it will work just as much wonders on our accords, my friend split his pipes with a glass pack last week on his cb7, looks nice, sounds deep but too much of a bee sound

Comment

Working...
                              X