CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Site Features > DIYs > Interior DIYs

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-29-2013, 01:01 AM   #21
P5ylance
CB7tuner Member

P5ylance is someone to admire P5ylance is someone to admire P5ylance is someone to admire
where was the hi speed fan relay that you collected for this modification, Lucifer1? there are so many different relays that I don't which particular one to grab. did you grab one with the switch diagram on it? I also noticed a fan timer relay box behind the glovebox... we didn't need that piece, right?

so far i've collected:

OAT sensor
Evap sensor
Sunlight sensor
Transistor
Air mix motor

you did so much work to get this together, i would like to pay my respects by trying to follow your DIY and complete the project for my own vehicle

Last edited by P5ylance; 11-29-2013 at 01:05 AM.
P5ylance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 01:03 AM   #22
P5ylance
CB7tuner Member

P5ylance is someone to admire P5ylance is someone to admire P5ylance is someone to admire
theres also an early 2000s RL at the junkyard too. I dont see any 2nd Gen TL's, so do you know if the RL might have the aspirator from the 2nd gen TL?
Old 11-29-2013, 01:53 PM   #23
lucifer1
CB7tuner Member

lucifer1 seems to have made some friends! lucifer1 seems to have made some friends!
I used the relay from a 1st gen cl. It is near the blower motor. You don't need the fan timer relay.

I am not sure what the rl has in it, I have never messed with one in the junkyard. That part is one those where it might be easier just buying a new one from the dealer
lucifer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 01:46 AM   #24
P5ylance
CB7tuner Member

did the relay you choose have 5 prongs or 4 prongs? I took one that had 4 prongs, but i feel that might not be right, especially since your drawing shows a 5th... How about I pull that relay, and take a pic and i'll post it up here for you to see. was the one you chose in the center console area? theres quite a few there, and those have the switch diagram painted on them. okay, I will consider buying a new one.

I didn't know how to remove the dash, so I wasn't able to pull out the blower motor or anything. would i need to do so to get the tube union and hose from the acura CL? were they on the left or right side of the center console?

I just ordered my DCC, and it says it comes with the rubber tube attached to it

Last edited by P5ylance; 11-30-2013 at 02:16 AM.
P5ylance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 09:55 PM   #25
P5ylance
CB7tuner Member

Alrighty so I grabbed a few more items:

Acura cl aspirator and union piece is on the left side of console, in drivers footwell. Offwhite wicker basket looking plastic piece connected to a black rubber hose. I also grabbed the rl aspirator but is it a female as well, and slightly differs in design from the cl one. Looks more like a megaphone than a wicker basket.

Next up I pulled a heater control valve from a 96/97 3.2tl, and the bracket looks different from yours. I forgot if you reoriented the valve handle as well since it looks farther away from the diaphram than in your pictures. I grabbed the solenoid piece that was directly connected to it as well. Mine has this plastic cylinder around the black stick.

Finally, all I need is that tl aspirator, and the 2nd gen legend parts, which I am having difficulty getting to and locating. Does the dash have to come out as well??

In the legend, it goes (from right to left of the car) blower motor, evaporator, then heater core in the center? Is this correct?
Old 11-30-2013, 10:47 PM   #26
lucifer1
CB7tuner Member

lucifer1 seems to have made some friends! lucifer1 seems to have made some friends!
The blower relay is a 4 pin by the blower you verify it by the wire colors. The dash doesn't need to come out but the glovebox will help.

I combined the accord heater valve bracket with the tl bracket.

The temp sensor of the 2nd gen legend is behind the glovebox. Iirc a plastic panel behind glovebox needs to be removed.

The tl aspirator can be removed with everything in place, just move some wires. It can be easily damaged though. Like i said before, for $8 or so, it would be easier to get new from the dealer.
Old 11-30-2013, 11:17 PM   #27
P5ylance
CB7tuner Member

Sweet! So I did pull the correct relay the first time!

Okay I will probably head to the dealership sometime to grab that aspirator. All I need then is the coolant temp sensor and I should have everything I need parts wise from the junkyard. When wiring do I need to match the gauges? Ive got some 16g wire and I was wondering if that would be okay for everything.

I might consider pulling a spare blower motor assembly to do work on, or buying a new one.
Old 11-30-2013, 11:18 PM   #28
P5ylance
CB7tuner Member

I hope this mod is compatible with the cool vent switch mod :x
Old 12-01-2013, 12:27 AM   #29
xkjnboix
CB7tuner Member

xkjnboix seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to xkjnboix
nice diy. i would stab that speaker in the cc unit though lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[color="Magenta"]
xkjnboix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 03:18 AM   #30
P5ylance
CB7tuner Member

One last question before I go yarding tomorrow, I hopeyou get this question in time: where exactly is that legend fan located?? I've so far taken out the ac controller, center console, the metal frame, so now all I see is the fat rectangular white assembly which is what I'm stuck on. I don't quite know where to go next
Old 12-01-2013, 10:41 AM   #31
Julianachos
Contributing Member

Julianachos seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to Julianachos
Oh my godddddddddddddddddddd finally!

Julianachos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:37 AM   #32
lucifer1
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P5ylance View Post
One last question before I go yarding tomorrow, I hopeyou get this question in time: where exactly is that legend fan located?? I've so far taken out the ac controller, center console, the metal frame, so now all I see is the fat rectangular white assembly which is what I'm stuck on. I don't quite know where to go next
Fan? You mean the inside air temp sensor fan? You don't need that if you use a aspirator mounted to the heater box.

You can use either method to draw air over the sensor. The fan is the older way the cb7 came with, and the aspirator is the newer way.

The fan in the gen2 legend is on the climate control unit. It has to be the auto climate unit and not the standard unit
Old 12-01-2013, 12:27 PM   #33
P5ylance
CB7tuner Member

Ahhh hehe I realized the car I was thrashing the thing was already gone but didn't know it! I went to a different legend and was able to find the fan. So its one or the other, eh? I may just go with the aspirator then, since its in the diy more

Oh and I found the coolant sensor! Its in a slot on the passenger side under the white air contraption by passenger left foot. No need to remove the glove box and all you do is press down on the wire/sensor and slide it out. Its in there firm cuz of a metal clip spring so you kinda gotta pull at it.

Other than the dcc and aspirator, all parts have been collected! Thank you lucifer, and when it comes time to wire ill be back haha
Old 12-01-2013, 12:33 PM   #34
P5ylance
CB7tuner Member

Ahh another question: for the heater valve solenoid, I cut the wires so I have the wires coming from the solenoid. For the 4th terminal, do I need additional hardware to get it installed in there? I'm pretty sure I don't just jam a wire in there with a bare end. Do I cut off a spare pigtail from an emissions box from the yard to use?
Old 12-01-2013, 07:51 PM   #37
P5ylance
CB7tuner Member

Cool pulled out two terminals and to fans for the hell of it, which I might just power up and mess around wih. Waiting on a chance to go see the dealer for the piece and yup!
Old 11-01-2014, 05:55 AM   #38
P5ylance
CB7tuner Member

im back! i pulled out my dash and will soon be attempting this mod!
Old 06-04-2015, 08:17 PM   #39
honda4674
CB7tuner Member

honda4674 is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to honda4674
Major major props on this write up. This is a lot of work and you did an amazing job!!

Current-91 EX and 92 EX
honda4674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 08:29 PM   #40
sonikaccord
Contributing Member

sonikaccord seems to have made some friends!
DCC Part Locations:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: