1uping my friend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1uping my friend

so my best friend i guess has enlisted the help of a couple people in the cb7 community to get 2 gifts for me for Christmas time.

i need your guys help to 1 up his ass and get him something awesome. i have a $100 limit.

hes has an 04 srt4 neon that he absolute loves and i want to get him a thing or things for his car that are just plain awesome.

what are your suggestions?
    visit vgruk

Well I specialize in that particular vehicle in that department. You can get him an ago shift selector which is $103.00 bucks. The shift selector stockwise has been been known to break on a few.

If he doesn't have that get that for him. If he does get him a short-shifter from Mopar or a Mopar bov plate which makes the car sound more aggressive when he gets off the gas and you can throw a daul guage pod for the a-pillar to get him started. Tell him to get a scan-guage and a aem-wideband to get him set for tuning.

Comment

Back in 07, I remember getting a friend motor mounts and I think the transmission mount. As you may have noticed that motor moves around a lot. The mounts made a huge difference, especially with the kind of power that the srt4 can put down. After 10 years of abuse I can't see the mounts in your friends car being too healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by tishock View Post
        Back in 07, I remember getting a friend motor mounts and I think the transmission mount. As you may have noticed that motor moves around a lot. The mounts made a huge difference, especially with the kind of power that the srt4 can put down. After 10 years of abuse I can't see the mounts in your friends car being too healthy.
        He said $100 limit on what he's going to buy for him that's going to be way past what he's supposed to be spending.
        Last edited by h22sparkle; 11-03-2014, 03:47 AM.

Comment

Its not really too much on the mounts. You see when the mounts are solid it isn't that transference of shock from the torque of spirited driving gets transfered. When I made 450whp on the dyno I was good.

I considered myself lucky because other folks were breaking axles because of the lower control arm bushings to prothanes being a bit too soft for that kind of power. Once you change those too the car will be a whole new different kind of car.

Comment

The SRT4 is 100% bone stock. That might help some people with suggestions.

Good idea making a thread Ryan. I wish I knew more about SRT4's so I could help ya pick something out. Unfortunately I'm completely Mopar ignorant.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
              The SRT4 is 100% bone stock. That might help some people with suggestions.

Good idea making a thread Ryan. I wish I knew more about SRT4's so I could help ya pick something out. Unfortunately I'm completely Mopar ignorant.
              Bone stock or not 100.00 to spend its looking like the ago shift selector if he doesn't have one

Comment

I guess this depends on what he gets you, or what you think he will get you?

If he gets you fuzzy dice then it may be easy to 1up him. Free car washes come to mind and also window visors.

Comment

Window visors are a good suggestion, i always liked giving a bucket of cleaning supplies away to people.

Comment

lots of great ideas guys! thanks very much
                    visit vgruk

Comment

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I've had great success over the years with one of these with my car.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
                        Well I specialize in that particular vehicle in that department. You can get him an ago shift selector which is $103.00 bucks. The shift selector stockwise has been been known to break on a few.

If he doesn't have that get that for him. If he does get him a short-shifter from Mopar or a Mopar bov plate which makes the car sound more aggressive when he gets off the gas and you can throw a daul guage pod for the a-pillar to get him started. Tell him to get a scan-guage and a aem-wideband to get him set for tuning.
                        i see you are an expert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvGBIyk6eTo
                        visit vgruk

Comment

Originally posted by RyanD View Post
                          Uh I have no idea what your talking about :looks away:

Comment

Working...
                          X