This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    This is how I did mine ages ago. As a matter of fact, every swap I have done has followed cp [mike]'s method. All have been worry free.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
    JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
      It's been a little over two years since I've had my car, and I didn't take pictures. I'm starting to doubt myself and think I had both of those wiring mods done at the same time. What year is your car? Mine was a '92; I have the factory service manual for that year, so I can double-check the schematics, but I remember the wires going into the TCU all being different colors. I took notes on paper way back, so I'll look around and see if I still have them; maybe I wrote down what I did to work.

*ED. - notes found; see my next post
      Awesome thank you, yes a 92, p0f/p0n(Straight up auto from accord sir coupe and its ecu/tcu) ...reading now, will reread in the AM and see whats up, i got hasty and just cut them instead of depinning and testing it..im glad i left myself just enough slack..i ziptied things for now... and man it rips. im so pleased. thanks again!

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
      Erik, are you running a pure automatic setup or an auto-to-manual conversion?

At any rate, I found that I had adjusted the wiring diagram in my Haynes manual. For a full automatic-to-automatic H22 car, this is what I did. The "X" marks the spots where I cut the wires (TCU pins A3 and A18) and mated them before ever reaching the TCU:

Ok, Im gonna double check tomorrow. What TCU did you have? Im also a little perplexed as my engine came with a bolt instead of Oil pressure switch, and as far as I found, the ecu I have isnt supposed to look for one...but it was, that cel make it run super rich, I did the A4 jumper and took care of the only cel I got from the swap
      Last edited by illinois_erik; 02-14-2015, 02:20 AM.

Comment

I used the Accord's stock TCU, and later a P19 (JDM H22A auto). No change in wiring going from one to the other.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Staying In VTEC w/ H2U5 Transmission

I remember reading several times (can't remember where exactly) about people falling out of VTEC using the Accord transmission.

I've confirmed that you can stay in VTEC while using the Accord transmission with an H series motor; a H22a to be more specific.

I've recently finished my H22a swap mated to a H2U5, polished it with a chipped P72, and I had a chance to pluck it and open it up.

My redline is set at 7600, and if I come close to redline before I shift, I can stay in VTEC from 1st to 2nd, 2nd to 3rd, and 3rd to 4th. This of course is accomplished by speed shifting.

Have fun.
          The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Your VTEC engagement point wasn't modified with this chip? I don't think I fell out of VTEC with my automatics (I ran both Accord and Prelude transmissions) either.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Puzzling observation

So I had a question that I could use some help with. Now I understand that our cars run an injector box in order to drive the stock injectors using the stock ECU. Assuming someone is using a converted OBD2 engine (such as a late model H22A), Saturated injectors (that do not require a injector box) and an OBD1 ecu from a car not using an injector box why would the car require the wiring for an injector box (the injector box bypass) in order to run?

Comment

So I just wanted to add on here what I discovered swapping the the H22a. If your vtec solenoid didn’t come with a pressure switch like most JDM H22as. You can bypass the switch by splitting the vtec solenoid wire and have one going to pin a4 and then tap that wire and run the other one to D6. This eliminated the CEL. And the need for the pressure switch or a chipped ECU.
                ~Nick~
                FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Working...
                X