Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

13 Gallon fill up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its cus the shape of the tank. It traps air and where the filler neck is. Ive had one out before and seen how dumb the design is.

Comment

17-gallon must be rated tank capacity for the car.

Almost all fuel tanks have usable fuel and unusable capacity due to shape of tank and location/height of fuel pick-up.

2-3 gallons for unusable fuel is pretty common.
      A&P-IA

Comment

So with all that being said, is it possible to "upgrade" our tanks? I think at the most I've ever put in my tank was about 15.3 gallons. I mean sure you would pay more at the pump, but you would be filling up less often and it would thus increase your range. I know right now I average about 400-430 miles on one tank(Driving 80mph everywhere); so if I could get my car to maybe 500-600+ miles that would be awesome.
        '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
        If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

I had to replace a tank before. Threw in a little gas from a gas can, drove to tbe gas station, and put in 17.1 gallons.......

Comment

I sputtered into a gas station on fumes and the car stopped right as I pulled into the pump and I was able to put 16.4 gallons in it.

Comment

now that i think about it....i think my car has a 17 gallon tank also and the only time I've gotten close to that much in it was an extreme case. i literally got all of the gas out of the tank through the sending unit with a pump, and soaked up the stuff at the bottom of the tank with old t-shirts because i thought there was water in the tank.

long story short, it took 64 dollars total to fill it up on 90 octane and the price of that here hasn't been over 4.00 dollars since I've had the car so at least 16 gallons, probably more was put in but the tank was bone dry.
              '94 CD5 EX F22B1 Automatic

Comment

I've never had my fuel light come on...that seems weird to me.
                Dylan Prichard : 812-595-1072

92 cb7: DX, coupe, 5spd, leather.

Comment

Originally posted by gh0st View Post
                  You probably need a new fuel level sensor then.
                  PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

How'd you fix repace that^
                    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by gh0st View Post
                      Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
                      You probably need a new fuel level sensor then.
                      or your fuel light is burnt out.

EDIT: The most I have ever put in my wagon was 15.3 gallons. And it wasn't "empty." (yes, I have a book in which I write down EVERY fill-up)

Unfortunately I do not have the book from my sedan. It went along with the car to its new owner.
                      Last edited by mtnbikaah; 03-06-2012, 04:05 PM.
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Either way...not a huge issue. I try to fill up between 1/8 and 1/4 tank anyway.
                        Dylan Prichard : 812-595-1072

92 cb7: DX, coupe, 5spd, leather.

Comment

I'm amazed at the people running their tanks so low. I know gas is getting expensive but sheesh. Coasting into the pumps? Thats hilarious.

Comment

I keep mine one tick above E and throw in 5$ when needed. Ive heard this is bad for the fuel pump, even though Ive never had a problem

Comment

Working...
                            X