No announcement yet.

2013 Colorado Cb Meet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went, but didn't see you there, Kor (lol, that's your name, right? It's been a while, sorry). Though there was one CB there. Anyway, thought I'd share some pics I took. This was probably my favorite show I've been to, simply because they were probably all cars you'd actually see out driving - "real cars, not trailer queens" as my friend put it. Too many Evos/STIs/SRT4s, but still awesome.

Evo... 4? If this is the guy that used to be in Fort Collins, he also had a CL1 Euro-R Accord that he wrecked and was trying to sell on Craigslist a while back. This, and the Skyline were far and away the highlights of the show. How he got these into the country, I would dearly love to know.

JDM conversion and Mugen aero. Giggidy.

The FD RX-7 is still one of the most beautiful cars ever made, in my opinion. Lately I've been seriously thinking about picking up a first-gen Miata to cruise around in, steadily work on basic maintenance things, then swap in a rotary once the Accord at least has the engine and suspension done. they're dirt cheap and liability would mean only $50 a month to own. One uber-tiny car to zip around in + 9000rpm = tempting.

Bosozoku styling on a Euro-box? Noice.

The dream car. I love that this one was kept simple. I will own an NSX some day...

Had a monster supercharger

R32 Skyline - GTS-T, I'm thinking; RB25 turbo. Not sure what year this one is, but the 1989 models are now 25 years old and officially legal to import into the US. Expect prices to be high.

Would have had better quality photos, but I got there and realized my SD card wasn't in my camera. The old phone had to work.
    Last edited by CyborgGT; 05-14-2014, 03:29 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I left pretty early around 130pm. It was SUPER hot. Tons of cars there. there are a ton of meets this month and next and i plan on going to almost all of them. Street Tuner Mayhem next month, Simply Fresh this weekend, Pikes Peak the next, and so on. What the hell happened to all the Colorado CB7Tuner memebers????

That RX-7 belongs to a buddy of mine, Raymond. I was with the group opposite of that red Civic RR conversion.
      Last edited by koslauj; 05-14-2014, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Hey guys didn't mean to leave you hanging, been super busy lately. If we can let's try and meet up at a sunday meet in the next couple weeks. Night time works a little better for me if that's cool

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199548

Comment

i'M ALWAYS AVAILABLE ON WEEKENDS AND AFTER 5PM.

Comment

I'm still working in Collins and looking into transferring to Greeley, but at least for now I'm always off around 2pm, with (usually) Sundays and Wednesdays off.

I won't be showing my RSX at Simply Fresh (flyer says 25th), but except for repainting my trunk in July (there's a dent right where my JDM 'Integra' badge is supposed to go ) and other panels later, I'm hoping to have all of my planned mods done before the drive out. Brakes and rear sway bar/end links are done, the front sway is in hand waiting for install, I just got some HID bi-xenon projector retrofitted headlights that are waiting for some bulbs and ballasts to arrive, and I've got a muffler on the way as well.

Focus on the H22 build starts next month, I can hardly wait

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Glad you see you haven't given up on the CB David! Can't wait to see that built h22 you've got. I'm still interested in your CB7 headlights!! Below are recent pics my Accord. Been keeping busy building up the Z. Not much going to be done to the accord except a new roof rack and maybe some 16x8XXR 002 wheels. Just for show though, don't like that really low riding height.

Dropped on F&F super low:

At the CUSCC:

When it had the Rack:

Rack moved to my Daily CRV:

CUSCC photo of both the CB7 and the Z

Old photos of the Estes Park CB7 Cruise, credits to David!
              Last edited by koslauj; 05-19-2014, 01:49 PM.

Comment

I never lost interest in the CB; every time I see one in traffic, I just want one more. I love that people rarely mod these things, and I think they look nice anyway. The problem is, I'm actually dying to drop the RSX and get some wheels for it. I wouldn't go so low, and mine would be black, but this is such a good look for this car.

Even with XXRs (531s; CCW Classic replicas), a reliable setup isn't cheap. But it has to happen eventually.

I found the originals from that Estes drive, if you're interested:

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5473/...4da022c0_b.jpg
                https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5272/...10b1daa0_b.jpg
                https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2907/...dc3a14fc_b.jpg
                https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2895/...80a621af_b.jpg
                https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2923/...49c936a7_b.jpg
                https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5577/...97c6fa3b_b.jpg
                Last edited by CyborgGT; 05-19-2014, 08:05 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Dang, guess it's been awhile.
                  Some highlights of my engine rebuild/mod I did not way too long ago!

Port matched and polished all three peices of the IM together, as well as the IM and EM to the Head. I only polished the exhaust ports of the cylinder head.

Guess I've been playing with my new toy too much lately!

Comment

I was wondering what happened to you. Honda to Porsche turbo, that's... quite an upgrade. As much as I'm not into big vehicles, the Cayenne and Range Rover are the only SUVs worth considering imo, since they're actually pretty competent off road from the factory.

Did you do the head work yourself? Looks great.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

How do you like your coilovers kor? I was looking into some type 2's but I wasn't sure about the ride quality plus I'm looking for something a little stiffer for the track.

Comment

Been pretty busy, bought a house out by johnstown. Workin alot on different kinds of cars, yeah I did all the work on the engine myself. It was time consuming but fun, still gotta find a good working iab solenoid, but other then that shes running great. Rsx is lookin sweet, diggin the hood, It'll be cool to see your build up of the H! The porsche is a great car, crazy to see my girlfriend dust a new camaro with it, but it's a different kind of beast to work on. Never seen so many torx bolts and triple squares in my life.

Comment

The Function and Form type 1's are pretty stiff, definitely better than stock. Pretty stiff though. You may not like it if you have lots of potholes in your area. I work in broomfield and live in Reunion so i do mostly highway driving. It's pretty good on on my commute. Got my Fast Intentions Twin Turbo kit ordered and is currently awaiting arrival. Cannot wait to boost the Z. I was planning on boosting the H but from my research, too much money involved to boost it correctly. The H is already competent in itself. I can hang pretty well with stock EVO's and STi's spraying my 55 shot from a roll so that's enough for me. Can't go wrong with Function and Form coilovers! If you're interested in tracking, how about a day at High Plains Raceway??? I would love to spend a day up there witht he Z and the CB.

Comment

High Plains is what I'm after with the project CB as well. Track days are pricey though, I'd definitely have to plan ahead for that kind of meet. Spare brake pads and all...

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Boosting the z? That sound pricy! A trip to high plains raceway would be awesome, the only thing is right now my car is going through some body work and I'm not sure how far I am going with it. I'll keep you posted but hopefully I will have it back on the road soon.

Comment

Yes! Boosting the Z, pistons, valves, machining, injectors, oil lines, and etc. This gets VERY pricey! Do it once, Do it right! Need this thing to last. If anyone is interested, let's plan for a day at the track in a few months. August or September would be prime. David, did you ever make it to Simply Fresh???

Comment

Working...
                                X