Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's time for some changes around here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cb7_with_snail View Post
    No I remember last year you were working 65+ hours a week. You sure were scary.
    Last year?

I've been working 80-100 hours a week since 2007. I'm only around as much as I have been these past 2 weeks because my entire work territory is underwater, and my firm has been without power.

I'm still plenty cranky.

Comment

Originally posted by 8ball View Post
      isnt that what happened to home made turbo?
      No

Members Ride Thread - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121452

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
      dustin, you are a dick!

officially the lowest ive seen now

Comment

The way i see it, is that the OG around here are all mods in one way or another. If we all chip in, this site will turn out for the better.
        are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

True. Most people see an 03-05 join date, and they show the same respect as they would a mod.

I'm really glad to see we still have so many OG members around! Do you still have a CB, Klevis?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            True. Most people see an 03-05 join date, and they show the same respect as they would a mod.

I'm really glad to see we still have so many OG members around! Do you still have a CB, Klevis?

Comment

"big site woes"

more members you get, the less personal things get, the more younger people you get, etc

i remember when 200 members was big shit. been over 9 years though, i go through and read some of my old dickheaded posts and think "fuck, what a prick" but honestly i'm the same now. a lot of folks have changed in some ways, in others they haven't, but it's hard to be a part of anything for 9 years and not get kind of crabby

respect your 'taking a step back' approach, that shit plus the mods is why this place is still going strong 9 years later
              ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

I never actually took a step back... tried, but couldn't. I'm too deeply set into this place.

I learned to stop trying to hard to fix a problem. Either I put up with it, or I simply eliminate it. One less kid that types like he's txting his little girliefriend won't be a terrible loss to this community. Those people get so upset when I ban them. They seem to think that my goal is to have the largest site in the world... or that this is a business, and I'm looking for customers.

Comment

i may have not been around here that long but i try to show respect to everyone. not just the vets. i believe that everyone deserves respect even if you are a dick head. i also relize that im one of those need to be spoon fed types and i am working on that. i have learned so much from this site. not just how to work on my cb but also from a social standpoint. i love to get involved on a face to face level with the members here, which is why im always looking for meets. i just love seeing what people do to their cars and thinking my cb could look like that! And deev i know how hard it can be sometimes working like that and trying not to be cranky. Hell know ive ticked you off sometimes and am thankful for you not blowing me up about it. Now I've lost track about what i was trying to say.

My point is that the noobs can be good to. I'm sure im still considered a noob and yet i still follow the rules like any other member that has been here for years. I still respect people and i don tlk lik dis.

I take pride in that shit.
                  visit vgruk

Comment

wht mffler shld I git to mke muh cur go fstrt...

LOL, I love those posts. I'm a newb myself, but c'mon... I know you were taught typing skills in school. I always look at those posts as brain teasers and laugh to myself.

This is THE ONLY Honda site I will ever join just because this is the only one that has members that I can understand. Trust me I have found tons of poor posts on other sites compared to this one. Who wants technical information from someone who can't spell or structure sentences...

Comment

still have one, and i still drive it daily.
                      are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Originally posted by ryandavis33 View Post
                        i may have not been around here that long but i try to show respect to everyone. not just the vets. i believe that everyone deserves respect even if you are a dick head. i also relize that im one of those need to be spoon fed types and i am working on that. i have learned so much from this site. not just how to work on my cb but also from a social standpoint. i love to get involved on a face to face level with the members here, which is why im always looking for meets. i just love seeing what people do to their cars and thinking my cb could look like that! And deev i know how hard it can be sometimes working like that and trying not to be cranky. Hell know ive ticked you off sometimes and am thankful for you not blowing me up about it. Now I've lost track about what i was trying to say.

My point is that the noobs can be good to. I'm sure im still considered a noob and yet i still follow the rules like any other member that has been here for years. I still respect people and i don tlk lik dis.

I take pride in that shit.
                        Exactly. It's amazing how someone's attitude can be turned around if they are shown respect.
                        The funny thing is, when I'm disrespectful to someone, it's my way of testing them. If I push and they back off, then I assume they realized they were out of line, and my point had been made. If they continue to be a jerk, I'll push them right off the site. I did that before I was even a mod, let alone owner.
                        Everyone deserves respect, but it goes both ways. A new member should come in showing respect to everyone, not demanding it.

As for being the type that needs to be spoon fed... there's a difference between needing help and being too lazy to try to help yourself. There are some things that even I will need to ask a dozen questions about before I'm comfortable actually starting a project. But I won't ask those questions until I've spent a reasonable amount of time attempting to answer them myself.
                        The ones we can do without are the ones that say "wut exsost iz gud 4 my car?" Someone rattles off a few brand names. "were cn i find dem?" Someone says where. "how much do dey cost?" Someone gives an irritated answer. "iz dere any cheeper?" Someone gives a smartass answer. "man fuk u if u dont wnt 2 help dont replie 2 my thred man dis place suks hav fun wit ur asses iim out peez"

Originally posted by alb_accord View Post
                        still have one, and i still drive it daily.
                        Nice! Someday in the distant future, when there's just one CB left in the world, it'll be yours... and it'll be in good running condition.

Comment

Nice! Someday in the distant future, when there's just one CB left in the world, it'll be yours... and it'll be in good running condition.
                          He won't be alone either >.< if I just stop finding bad apple CB's I would be good to go!!!
                          The CB7 Collector.
                          Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                          92 LX Coupe F22A1
                          2013 Toyota Corolla S
                          92 EX Sedan F22A1
                          Originally posted by deevergote
                          Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

damn...off by 1 year
                            ..[CB7][STAR]..
                            MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

Working...
                            X