Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

1991 accord motor swaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1991 accord motor swaps

Can I put a 1990 accord in my car with no problem will it just bolt up to everything or did I just waste 600 bucks on that motor please help

90 and 91 have the same motors.
    [/url]

Comment

Hey man thanks cause I wanna make sure cause I just brought a 90 motor and its my 1st accord

Comment

i thought 90-93 all the motors where the same?

Comment

Originally posted by Whit3y View Post
          i thought 90-93 all the motors where the same?
          they are mostly the same depending on the model it is dx , lx , ex , or se. but they all fit the exact same way.

Comment

well what motor is in the 90 - 91 ... i got a 92 lx ... F22a1 ...

Comment

i thinkkk 90-91 is f22a1 92 and 93 f22a6

Comment

90-93 all have the same motors.
                The differences come with trim level. All of them will fit.
                The a1 is the base model.
                The a4 was 9091 Ex and Se engine. It had a better exhaust manifold.
                The a6 was 9293 Ex and SE engine. Slightly better then a1 exhaust, not as good as a4. Different intake manifold with IABs. Also more aggressive Cam.
                Not exactly sure about the trims, but that's how the engines are.
                MRT
                37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                Originally posted by Tippey764
                I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                Originally posted by deevergote
                sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffMisiak View Post
                  90-93 all have the same motors.
                  The differences come with trim level. All of them will fit.
                  The a1 is the base model.
                  The a4 was 9091 Ex and Se engine. It had a better exhaust manifold.
                  The a6 was 9293 Ex and SE engine. Slightly better then a1 exhaust, not as good as a4. Different intake manifold with IABs. Also more aggressive Cam.
                  Not exactly sure about the trims, but that's how the engines are.
                  91 SE and EX wagon have the a6

Comment

my first cb7 is a 91 with a f22a6 and my second is a 92 with a f22a4..but i cant tell if its an lx ex se dx..how do you tell if its a jdm type? all i know if its a right hand drive,then yes it is.what other features does it have?

i have 91 prelude si and its labeled (honda motor company,made in japan).But it aint right hand drive.

Comment

Originally posted by stunin92_accord View Post
                      my first cb7 is a 91 with a f22a6 and my second is a 92 with a f22a4..but i cant tell if its an lx ex se dx..how do you tell if its a jdm type? all i know if its a right hand drive,then yes it is.what other features does it have?

i have 91 prelude si and its labeled (honda motor company,made in japan).But it aint right hand drive.
                      made in japan does not mean jdm, it just means the car was made in japan...

a JDM car is a car sold to japanese people for use in japan

and for trim levels

DX - manual windows and locks

LX - power windows and locks but no sunroof and steel wheels

10th AE - sedan only, abs, no sunroof, 9293 ex coupe wheels, front lip, body colored side moldings ( sold in 93 only )

EX - sunroof, abs/rear disc brakes ( 9293 only ) rear sway bar, alloy wheels, front lip,

SE- ( 91/93 only ) leather interior, bose radio ( 93 only ) special colors to se's only

Comment

Originally posted by 93blackcb7 View Post
                        i thinkkk 90-91 is f22a1 92 and 93 f22a6
                        Originally posted by stunin92_accord View Post

ALL Cb7's were made in the US, RHD's are EDM and JDM market CB's but were also made in the US. your insurance papers should tell you what trim the car is, if not look up a VIN look-up site and that should give you the info
                        Originally posted by scudweiser
                        it will go vrooooooom bauggggghhhh mmmmmmaauuugggg. Still no mmmmmbAAAAAAAUUUHHHHHHH though.
                        Do you have anything intelligent to offer, or are you just trying to whore up your post count?

Comment

Originally posted by lordoja View Post
                          ALL Cb7's were made in the US, RHD's are EDM and JDM market CB's but were also made in the US. your insurance papers should tell you what trim the car is, if not look up a VIN look-up site and that should give you the info
                          all coupes and wagons

The sedans could have been made in either japan or america

all se sedans were made in japan

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                            all coupes and wagons

The sedans could have been made in either japan or america

all se sedans were made in japan
                            good to know
                            thats why i love this site!
                            Originally posted by scudweiser
                            it will go vrooooooom bauggggghhhh mmmmmmaauuugggg. Still no mmmmmbAAAAAAAUUUHHHHHHH though.
                            Do you have anything intelligent to offer, or are you just trying to whore up your post count?

Comment

Dammit... Tippey, you take all the fun out of these threads for me... I have nothing left to add!

If your VIN begins with JHM, it was manufactured in Japan. If it begins with 1HG, it was made in Marysville, Ohio. There really is no difference. The quality of parts are no better on the Japanese-made models... In fact, the US models didn't have to sit in damp salty sea air like the Japanese-made ones did as they were shipped across the sea!

stunin92_accord, both of your CBs did not have their stock engines. The A4 was not sold after 1991, and the A6 only came in the SE in 1991.
                              Why the hell would you think that because your car says "Honda Motor Company Japan" that it would be JDM? Honda Motor Company is a Japanese company. That's what it means.

Comment

Working...
                              X